Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2d? 3d? Any game that is sand box'ish, unique and fun

jubbincakejubbincake Member Posts: 134
Played pretty much all the big hitters. I'm looking for a decent mmo could be any style as long as it has an active community and some unique game play. Sand box would be great but I'm pretty aware it's bleak. Even a beta key would be awesome or friends pass? I don't know good  MMO's are getting harder and harder to come by now days. Thanks.

Comments

• sacredcow4sacredcow4 Member UncommonPosts: 249

Your one and only option for a true sandbox game is a private uo server. Sorry.

Before people chime in. Arch Age is not a sandbox. Darkfall is not a sandbox(giant ffa pvp arena).

I've been here a while...
  • yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973
    Originally posted by sacredcow4

Before people chime in. Arch Age is not a sandbox. Darkfall is not a sandbox(giant ffa pvp arena).

Then what other recommendation you have, bar UO?

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Originally posted by sacredcow4

Nope AA is not a sandbox but Wurm Online is so you are wrong anyway.

Thought i would chime in.

• BuddyDudeBuddyDude Member UncommonPosts: 52

wurm online, hands down sandbox

check out : http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/6376234#6376234

• NiburuNiburu Member UncommonPosts: 402
    Darkfall Unholy Wars, polsihed open world full loot game with sandbox elements
  • drakaenadrakaena Member UncommonPosts: 506
    Face of Mankind
  • GrableGrable Member UncommonPosts: 66
    Originally posted by Stizzled
    Haven & Hearth

This

• berenimberenim Member UncommonPosts: 162

Ryzom is a sandbox.

It has crafting (no weapon drops), gathering (bones, furs and stuff from animals, plants, seeds and stuff from gathering nodes you can seek), you can combine your own attacks (standard MMO fighting style else), like more damage, or armor piercing (with piercing weapons), optional PvP and is free up to skill level 125. Old but gold.

• DewulfDewulf Member UncommonPosts: 139

Fallen Earth if you like Fallout. 

Fallen earth is one of the most unique mmorpgs.

• jubbincakejubbincake Member Posts: 134
    Isn't Ryzom dead and Fallen Earth terribly P2W. Also tried Heaven & Hearth and there wasnt any one on.
  • berenimberenim Member UncommonPosts: 162
    They merged servers and while it isn't sprawling I constantly see people on Silan (starter area) and Fairhaven (Tryker homearea). At least there seems to be some chatting most of the time and if you ask questions you usually get a polite answer quickly. So it seems to have a core community at least, which really is a community. As I said passers by greet me while passing me, when I'm gathering, or ninja heal me in combat. I do not have to compete for digging spots, but can talk while digging. The source code has been released, so it is the only open source MMORPG afaik. Free till skill level 125 and P2P if you want to go further, but half of the game is free. It used to be Silan only, but now you can even leave Silan without subbing.

• TheQuietGamerTheQuietGamer Member Posts: 317

Access to EQ Landmark is available on Steam.  

This game is a pure themepark, but if you enjoy creating characters, complete zones and quests from the ground up, then Neverwinter has a decent creation kit, and it is free.   

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

Try out Wakfu, Dofus or Trove.