Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kickstarter for Wish reboot

thodalthodal Member Posts: 1
I beta tested wish.  Kickstarter to get the rights maybe?

Comments

• SpliffzeroSpliffzero Member Posts: 6
    I was in beta as well.

I'd back this in a heartbeat.

Imo Wish is still the best idea, conceived and executed, to come out of the MMO Genre since UO.

It's too bad they didn't have the financial support needed to make it to release.
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by thodal

Instead of spending a bunch of money for the rights to the IP, why not just make a similar MMO?

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• MarkuMarku Member Posts: 452
    Man i miss Wish, Great people, great lore, great map, great ideas, excellent execution..... i could have put thousands of hours into that game. Does anyone have gameplay videos????

• XeononXeonon Member Posts: 1
    Yeah, that was what, 9 years ago..? And the Wish beta is still my most memorable MMO experience to date. I would back a Kickstarter with the original team without hesitation.
  • HefaistosHefaistos Member UncommonPosts: 388

Wait for Camelot Unchained aka Daoc2. 

This is my only chance to have again a mmo addiction. Ive been playing mmorpg for 16y....and ive only been addicted to Daoc and FFXI 

• NellusNellus Member UncommonPosts: 247

I'm not huge on kickstarters/crowdfunding game development, largely because I think it is easily abused - but... this hit a soft spot for me. I still use my wish avatar on several sites, like this one, to this day. I have some screens of Slackker and his donkey, Backpackker, on a CD somewhere.

EverQuest will always be my most memorable experience, but WISH beta was the most excited I've ever been for a MMORPG, and my most enjoyable beta - aside from when it closed, of course.

- Nellus

im drinking vodka, and im on a Wish kick.. cant stop thinking about the game.(played in the beta up until servers went down =(

why isnt ANYONE even talking about this game anymore? it was extremely ambitious, had great ideas, was taking what made old school UO great and turning it up to 11. The game was fantastic!

I think now is a good point in time, with WoW and the rest of the EQ clones declining, and players having nowhere to go. (because theyre all the same game with a different name and less players)

Its time for a "re-invention" of the MMO... or just putting it back where it originated, with UO and Wish.

All we have now are grind fest JRPG's and Western Loot Whore games.. all made for the sole purpose of creating an addiction and with it more money.|

theres not one legit MMO i can think of (that isnt 15 years old) thats not based on a simple A to B addiction philosophy and creating an easy gold mine for a company.

id back this in a heart beat.. too bad im not a multi millionaire or id probably  fund half of the development. (gaming is my life)

Originally posted by Loktofeit
    Originally posted by thodal

Instead of spending a bunch of money for the rights to the IP, why not just make a similar MMO?

no one wants to put money into an idea like this. its way too risky.

MMO's cost a lot (supposedly) to make. I mean Squareenix just about went backrupt from FF14 1.0 didnt they?

All anyone wants to make is a money machine.. something that spurs addiction. Point A to B, keep playing to get the next best thing, until a new game comes out (doing the same thing) mechanic. Its easy... and its a gold mine.. and anyone starting up an MMO for their company is going to go that route. Its a shame.. if only Origin didn't give into the flamers and didn't sell UO. They made it work! ..before anyone else (Sony/989/Blizzard) even knew what they were doing, Origin made it work.. and they made it work right.

Now no one knows what to play anymore because there are no "new" MMO's.. theyre all "WoW clones" again... copy THAT formula and make a buck... all it is anymore.

and you can say "MMOs arent EASY!" (or what? or everyone would be trying to do them? -_-) not only does EVERYONE try to do them.. buyt they try to remake the same fn game.. different name, better graphics, less players.. its a downward spiral. Some studio, with the talent, and money to back, needs to fix this.

• DatawarlockDatawarlock Member Posts: 338

I totally miss the time I put into Wish. That was one of the best experiences I've had in gaming since the old SSI gold box series. And very few after have even come close to even being good, let alone great.

It would be the one and only kickstarter I'd back, so long as they stuck to how it was originally and didn't try even in the least to cater it for today's casuals or forum whiners like so many do.

• PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844
    Originally posted by Hefaistos

Wait for Camelot Unchained aka Daoc2. 

This is my only chance to have again a mmo addiction. Ive been playing mmorpg for 16y....and ive only been addicted to Daoc and FFXI 

Im just visiting their site and all i can found is data like there will be this and there will be that but i cant find anything about the game itself,do they have any idea what kind of game that  is going to be? somekind of MOBA with crafting or something is what i can found between the lines.

Is there any videos around like Star Citizen ,elite, SoTA etc have ?

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **