Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Leaving WoTs

dalewjdalewj Member UncommonPosts: 94

I didn’t play long (10 weeks). I got to VIII tanks with a small $20 USD or so deposit. So the skilling was fine and can’t complain about it being too slow.  But it is tedious and the lack of maps makes it kind of boring.  The latest update added a map and change some others and that was nice for a week or so.

But the real problem came at the end of the school year.  The kiddies flooded the game and pretty much took away all the strategy being used by the older players in the matches.  This is a game where you really do need to play with others and work as a group.  One player will not win a game by themselves.  But saying that 3 or 4 bad players will help you lose very very fast.  I figured playing in VII or VIII games would be better and I played till I got that good.  But when I got there I found the players to be even worse at group play and all wanting to simply play as a wrecking ball and never help others.   I never joined a clan, maybe that would have fixed the problem.  But overall the grind with kiddies just got way to annoying and I moved onward.

HomePage/Gaming Blog - http://dalewj.com . MMORPGer - Current game: http://AfterWorld.ru .
Author of Diaries of Afterworld- http://www.jconsult.com/afterworld and the Outside Sci-Fi series- http://www.jconsult.com/outside

Comments

• cptndunselcptndunsel Member UncommonPosts: 136

game has been out long enough that bad players have afk'd their way to level 10s, bought premium tanks to fast track leveling etc. Pub play is full of very bad players and its difficult to hit even 50% win rate without platooning, use of gold ammo and consumables etc. to offset the fail of others.

I uninstalled the game and await ground combat in War Thunder in hopes its better.

• BrucyBonusBrucyBonus Member Posts: 220
    Give War Thunder a try- it is surprisingly enjoyable in a throw-away kind of a way.  
  • wizyywizyy Member UncommonPosts: 629

Try War Thunder, it is set up in such a way that even when you lose a game, if you played well you will be rewarded well.

For starters, in WT you don't have only ONE airplane in one battle, so even when you die quickly you won't rage as hard 'cause you have another... and even more planes after that one :D

For now there are only airplanes but tanks are expected fairly soon.

• gamekid2kgamekid2k Member Posts: 360
    Originally posted by dalewj

But the real problem came at the end of the school year.  The kiddies flooded the game and pretty much took away all the strategy being used by the older players in the matches.  This is a game where you really do need to play with others and work as a group.  One player will not win a game by themselves.  But saying that 3 or 4 bad players will help you lose very very fast.

F2P can't control its population or audience.  Another reason I support P2P model.

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by gamekid2k
    Originally posted by dalewj

But the real problem came at the end of the school year.  The kiddies flooded the game and pretty much took away all the strategy being used by the older players in the matches.  This is a game where you really do need to play with others and work as a group.  One player will not win a game by themselves.  But saying that 3 or 4 bad players will help you lose very very fast.

F2P can't control its population or audience.  Another reason I support P2P model.

And people like you are the reason I am hard into F2P ( P2P can control its population? have you actually tried finding a good guild in WoW? or a good corp in EVE? it takes months even years in EVE).

Also: Warthunder is a better game and tank combat in its will be most likely realistic but balanced so expect to see tigers actually one shotting shit (kind of like an aircobra does ).

• SmintarSmintar Member UncommonPosts: 214
    I fully understand and yes WT is the way to go people just need to stop playing WOT their decision making has gotten real bad especially last 2 patches 8.6 and 8.7 So I encourage all to play WT now its certainly superior to WOT or even WOWP
  • Vlad-The-BadVlad-The-Bad Member Posts: 5
    What do you mean? I ahve been playing for 2 montehs and its still great. 
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by Vlad-The-Bad
    What do you mean? I ahve been playing for 2 montehs and its still great. 

So this thread was started before you began playing wot ?

• wuderbananwuderbanan Member Posts: 7
    I play from early beta and this game has less to offer, the most annoy me matching system players to the game, a lot better cope with the War Thunder
  • RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852
    I'm just tired of the same old small maps..  You can only play Himmel so many times before you want to pull your hair out and poke your eyeballs.. LOL  The maps need to be larger and more dynamic.. Especially once you hit tier 5, I feel like I'm in a cage death match..  BORING..
  • sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458

Originally posted by cptndunsel
    game has been out long enough that bad players have afk'd their way to level 10s, bought premium tanks to fast track leveling etc. Pub play is full of very bad players and its difficult to hit even 50% win rate without platooning, use of gold ammo and consumables etc. to offset the fail of others. I uninstalled the game and await ground combat in War Thunder in hopes its better.

War Thunder is already a superior game in every way and it's still not finished or polished.

Avoid world of MASSIVELY UN-balanced td's like the plague! When a tank stops right in front of you and immediately becomes invisible you see how ridiculous wot has devolved into.