Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is Alpha still open with Founder's Pack?

BiggusRiggusBiggusRiggus Member UncommonPosts: 126
I am thinking I will drop the dime and get the founder's pack. I only ask that because it says "while supplies last". But I'm guessing that is just a sales ploy. I just wanted to check and see if anyone knows if people are still getting into Alpha with purchase?

Comments

• ubermutubermut Member UncommonPosts: 272

pretty sure its still open.  basically a sales ploy.  I bought it on the first or second day but I would assume if you get charged 150 you will get permanent alpha access.  It's a fun as hell game but they need to hurry it up and release it.

edit: the one cool thing about this alpha is supposedly they will transfer chars to the public test server so you don't ever get "wiped".  I can almost see these servers being a real game server in effect

• BiggusRiggusBiggusRiggus Member UncommonPosts: 126
    Thanks. At first I thought it was a bit expensive, but when I looked into the pack, you get 90 day sub equivalent plus all the other virtual stuff. Not to mention a new game to play. I don't mind the wipe. I've played so many MMOs and gotten to mid level and learned something new and started over with a new class that I'm fine with it. It seems rather deep, so I think I will give it a go.
    Bought it. The answer is: Yes.
  • BlackaftermathBlackaftermath Member Posts: 32
    Great choice, love this game and well worth the $150
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I have a feeling they are going to go from Alpha to Beta soon. I just can't justify paying while it is such a high price :/
  • HolophonistHolophonist Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    Originally posted by BiggusRiggus
    ...I've played so many MMOs and gotten to mid level and learned something new and started over with a new class that I'm fine with it. It seems rather deep, so I think I will give it a go.

This is what convinced me to get it as well. I normally wouldn't like to play if there's a wipe incoming, but I'm the same way where I decide I don't like the class/race/whatever I picked and want to start over. Also, I kind of see it as a scouting mission for my friends who are all going to be playing at launch.

• OrgoneOrgone Member Posts: 90

I would have waited until the second Alpha server is launched, as there is little to no space for farms etc.

Also, class builds will change quite drastically with the incoming (so we're told) 1.2 patch.

Still fun though

• wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472

After spending 150 on AA and 80 on Wildstar, with both characters getting to around level25, I can say with certainty that I'd rather someone buy my Wildstar account than my AA. However, with AA, I'm definitely waiting a bit longer to play for real. Except I think they're wiping beta chars too... ahh well.

I'm not a fan of doing hours of hard work just for it to be wiped. :D

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967

You'll respect it when you get to know what class/build you REALLY want and can dedicate your launch time to that. The same goes with gear/weapon combinations.  It's better to stumble around now.  Launch is going to be pure savagery with people trying to get land, guilds trying to get castles, and people trying to farm honor points  for pvp-centric gear.

Remember the $150 isn't just to get into Alpha you get 3 months patron status and 11,250 credits. I'm not a fan of founder packs at all, but I did my research and debated and I'm okay with the purchase. Especially now that I have a "launch plan".

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321
    I can honestly say this is the first founders pack or collectors edition I have bought in 17  years of playing MMO's and I have not regretted it a moment. I am however holding off on playing the alpha until the  1.2  patch comes out. There are some balance issues in the skills ad I have a feeling I will be making some changes in my choices

I miss DAoC

I finally got it downloaded and just played for about an hour. I can say that this game has depth in both character build and crafting. I think this just may be a game you can play your way... meaning no cookie cutter builds. That said, I'm glad I bought in and have time to figure out what I want to do and how I want to build. I'm not too worried about land grab, because from what I've read there will be a lot of land opened up for farming and such come launch. 

The game reminds me so much of Vanguard from what I've seen tonight. I'm imagining this endgame being a "sane" likeness to DarkFall. I loved that game when it came out, but finally gave up after 6 months post launch because they just couldn't get rid of the hacks.

This game in Alpha plays better than about 1/3 of the launches I have been in in the last 8 years, and I have been in just about every one of them. I actually kind of get a kick out of seeing and hearing the stuff that's still in Korean.

• dandurindandurin Member UncommonPosts: 498
    Originally posted by BiggusRiggus

I finally got it downloaded and just played for about an hour. I can say that this game has depth in both character build and crafting. I think this just may be a game you can play your way... meaning no cookie cutter builds. That said, I'm glad I bought in and have time to figure out what I want to do and how I want to build. I'm not too worried about land grab, because from what I've read there will be a lot of land opened up for farming and such come launch. ....

Heh heh, usually the people who write a review after 1 hour say the game sucks.  :D  I mean, have you even met the Blue Salt Brotherhood? :D  It's a good sign you like it already, it can't get worse.

I was so eager to play Vanguard because "I could build my own boat and sail wherever I wanted".  Well, a decade later the promise is fulfilled...