Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

US college offers athletic scholarships to 'LOL' players

2»

Comments

• zach_bzach_b Member Posts: 28
    Originally posted by nariusseldon
    Originally posted by zach_b
    LoL is popular because it's easymode, not because it's a better game.

"easy mode" in pvp? LoL.

Are you the number 1 LoL player in the world? If you are not, beat the number 1 team before tell us it is easy mode.

Another LoL player in denial. No, I don't play LoL - I played to fill the gap between dota and dota2, so I stopped after getting platinum in season one when I received my invite for dota2. As far as I know, platinum was the top .2% of players, I played often against Dyrus, JP, others. It's been awhile so I can't remember all of them. I've played with what I perceive were the best at the time and won some, lost some. So yes, I've been at a level where competitive players play at. I haven't been on a competitive gaming team though since RtCW when I went to quakecon with Team Redline.

Yes, LoL is easymode in the MOBA world.

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    I have a sneaking suspicion that most of the recipients are going to wind up being female students.  Several year ago I had a cousin at K-state that said they were fairly desperate to find more female students to give athletic scholarships to so they could give out more football scholarships and not run into Title IX issues.
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960

That's just what we need, more incentive for people to engage in sedentary activities. It's not like we have an ongoing obesity problem in this country or anything... OH WAIT.

Let me know when Baker College offers a scholarship for playing video games. God knows I could use some relief from mounting student loan debt.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• aronevans2020aronevans2020 Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    What does it say about the quality of education in the USA if colleges are starting offering scholarships for playing games? I wont's be able to write my essay or think critically but earn popularity for a college... Don't like this scenario.