Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] Warhammer 40.000: Eternal Crusade: For the Emperor - Become a Founder Today

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

In our last article, I mentioned that I had gotten a look at the Founders Program page while it was still being developed, as you know, the Founders Program was pushed back a bit, until Weds June 25th, so that the devs could get it exactly the way they wanted it. That means that today is the day, the new Eternal Crusade website is up, so let’s take a look at what we have.

Read more of Terry O'Brien's Warhammer 40k: Eternal Crusade - Founders Program Sneak Peek.

Is this Skarboy another Founders Hero? We will soon know.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• VarthanderVarthander Member UncommonPosts: 466
    I dont see anything different in the website.

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Originally posted by Varthander
    I dont see anything different in the website.

Looks like they're running behind.  I was told to keep checking, it should be up soon.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• ArdyrawrArdyrawr Staff WriterMember Posts: 2
    Refresh, for the glory of the Imperium
  • turinmacleodturinmacleod Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 166
    And we're off!!
  • CrimsonDragonCrimsonDragon Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Honestly.... I haven't been excited for an MMO in a long time (except for WS) and this is going to be badass to the max if pulled off correctly. =P
  • Serv83Serv83 Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Watching those limited item numbers fall. Wonder how long they will last. 

Chris Haycock

• augustgraceaugustgrace Member UncommonPosts: 628

Takes a bit to load, but I got through with no issues.  

Tip- Use someones referral link when you buy, and you both receive an extra 4,000 pts for the rouge trader store.

http://www.eternalcrusade.com/account/sign-up/?ref_code=EC-IMAOK6DT9AHOQ

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

alot to see and configure!!!

like the Ork HEROS!!! and vehicles so far!

• arrisbarrisb Member UncommonPosts: 194

Here is my referral link if someone wants extra points:

http://www.eternalcrusade.com/account/sign-up/?ref_code=EC-4C0F4RR3D4143

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

So, they sell a founders pack for 450$... You are kidding me... Compare that to Civ5. The complet edition costs right now 20 bucks, and I have about 500 hours played. 500 awesome hours, a lot of them in multiplayer matches where each player had exactly the same chances.

The game might still be good of course, but I highly doubt that I'll play it.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Seems odd to do the founder's pack thing with no on going testing to offer. Usually that's what always gets me... lol

Ummm, the pre-launch game access (Alpha/beta) and the Early Game Module access slip past your eyes?

Also, to reiterate, no one is forcing you, or even asking you to buy a Founder Pack of any level. You are merely being given the opportunity to get one if you choose.  Enjoy Civ5.

T

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Very odd way to lay it out... No real incentive beyond beta access...

Then again... More DA is always good. Always like their old rules that they could not fall back... Nothing like knowing you only have one way to go... forward. =)

Who knows... It might turn out to be a good game.. after all Space Marine was not all bad.

This have been a good conversation

• augustgraceaugustgrace Member UncommonPosts: 628

Pre-alpha gameplay from mmorpg.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9H7LEecCB0&feature=kp

The founder's packs don't "just" offer beta access.  You also get the pts with the packs, which won't come with the $40 b2p option post launch.  Then there are the titles and access to the founders forums, referral program, etc.

• I'm jumping on the bandwaggon and shares my link aswell.

Extra personal points if you are a Space Marine.

http://www.eternalcrusade.com/account/sign-up/?ref_code=EC-HBL2JOC17ZF8B

As the stand-alone game post release will cost $40 and you get NO POINTS, getting the $40 pack, and all the bonuses therein, particularly the 40000 Founder Points, is a tremendous bargain all told.

Of course, I will be getting the Captains Pack, being the Warhammer nerd that I am :)

T

• GyrusGyrus Member UncommonPosts: 2,413

Interesting.

Really hard to tell what will happen here... on the one hand... this is one of those 'buy our founders pack for a game that doesn't even exist yet" type deals.  Something we should all be wary of - and all should have learnt about by now.

On the other hand... they do seem to be doing and saying things a bit differently to the way they have been done in the past:

I would also like to take this time to clarify a few things. The early module access and the alpha/beta testing phases are NOT THE SAME THING. Early module access is free and unlimited use of actual game modules are they are finished. Founder’s will get access to these by Package type, with Captains getting access first, then one month later Sergeants, and finally, one more month later, Warriors. Alpha/Beta testing access is based on subscription date, and is for testing various parts of the game. So, for example, if the devs want to test vehicle combat on one weekend, they will invite whatever number of testers that they need, starting with those who bought their Founders packs first, and going forward from there until they have all the testers they need. The test is NOT ongoing, and will run for a limited period of time, until it ends.

So, actual testing.  That's good.

Then this

Also, I want to remind everyone that the game itself is going to cost $40 on release, and that is with ZERO Founders points, so the basic Founders deal, the Warriors Pack, is an excellent bargain, as it includes 40000 Founders points, which is $40 worth of points, as well as early module access and alpha/beta testing access.

Again. Good.  So if you are 100% sure you will buy it anyway - the Warriors Pack is the way to go.

On the other hand - the game doesn't exist yet... we have seen this before.  WH40K even.

So a look at the terms and conditions is worthwhile ( https://www.eternalcrusade.com/tos )

• BHVR agrees to use its good faith business efforts to deliver to you the packages and the Game on or before the estimated delivery date. However, you acknowledge and agree that delivery as of such date is not a promise by BHVR since unforeseen events may extend the development and/or production time. Accordingly, you agree that any unearned portion of the deposit shall not be refundable until and unless BHVR has failed to deliver the pledge items and/or the Game to you within 12 months after the estimated delivery date.
    • For the avoidance of doubt, in consideration of BHVR’s good faith efforts to develop, produce, and deliver the Game with the funds raised, you agree that any deposit amounts applied against the Package Cost and the Game Cost as described above shall be non-refundable regardless of whether or not BHVR is able to complete and deliver the Game and/or the pledge items. In the unlikely event that BHVR is not able to deliver the Game and/or the pledge items, BHVR agrees to post an audited cost accounting on its website to fully explain the use of the deposits for the Game Cost and the Pledge Item Cost. In consideration of the promises by BHVR hereunder, you agree to irrevocably waive any claim for refund of any deposit amount that has been used for the Game Cost and Package Cost in accordance with the above.
    So, in other words, this is a Star Citizen style crowd funding setup.
    The $40 pack may prove worthwhile - buyer beware.

Nothing says irony like spelling ideot wrong.

• DeathspankDeathspank Member UncommonPosts: 139
    This is slated for a 2016 release yea?
  • SST_2_0SST_2_0 Member UncommonPosts: 21
    Originally posted by tawess

Very odd way to lay it out... No real incentive beyond beta access...

The community was basically screaming for a way to throw money at Behavior.  Beyond beta get some alpha access depending on the level you buy.  As it is Warrior is the price of the game so you get extra in edition to what Behavior has called themselves a pre-order.  

Also there will be founder gear and founder heroes, like the kommando, but only for Founders.  They will not be more powerful, just different. 

I personally did buy a founder just for early mechanics access.  These Devs are very open to discussion, doesn't mean everything is decided by the community, but somethings have been known to change/influnced.  Behavior has also added in that as another benefit of the Founder pack is to help choose future races and sub-factions   

• HiveSpiritHiveSpirit Member UncommonPosts: 12

Thanks to the transparent production policy EC/ bEhaviour has, we as fans/ players have the possibility to create a great W40K game. Please visit the forums and give is your input, im sure you have alot of ideas and suggestions to come with and we would treasure every one of them! =)

http://forum.eternalcrusade.com/?

W40K Eternal Crusade