Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just left first dungeon.

decal141decal141 Member Posts: 7

I was hoping to never do it, but sometimes you just have too.

Killed 9 times in Halatali before the first boss, floating fire deelie [Still new to the game, first character and class], Tank didn't use Flash even once, so as soon as I healed [I am a conjurer] I was beset by all 3 of the mobs at every single pull.

It's a shame because me and 2 other new players did Ifrit first time [experienced Tank, so much difference] just about 10 minutes before.

Not really going anywhere with the post, just wanted to quasi-bemoan. Luck of the draw.

Comments

• MalviousMalvious Member UncommonPosts: 218
    Welcome to games with group finders.

Fine, we'll compromise. I'll get my way & you'll find a way to be okay with that.

• decal141decal141 Member Posts: 7
    Originally posted by Malvious

What I've seen upto now [albeit limited to groups upto Halatali] is the players are generally good.

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    I seldom have problems with groups, as most of the players are actually pretty good. Coming across leavers or bad players in the DF is an exception rather than the rule. In fact, I've only run into one situation where a verbal altercation occurred due to a bad player (guy was tanking a low level dungeon naked and kept dying, on top of pulling when nobody was ready).

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Originally posted by Malvious

Yes, because there is absolutely NO POSSIBLE WAY you could get a crap group on your own server, right?  And to add insult to injury, you'd be waiting there for hours.  GG troll, next.

• RESILIENT082RESILIENT082 Member Posts: 1
    lol
  • LudwikLudwik Member UncommonPosts: 407
    I don't group unless it's with close friends.

Don't see the enjoyment in having my success/failure in a game being determined by a random stranger's (whom I've never played with before) ability to play Simon Says.
  • fascismfascism Member UncommonPosts: 428
    That's a pretty easy dungeon too
  • time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062

played that game like non stop for the first 3-4 months it was out BUT I left cuz they didn't have frontlines like they said they would. 

but looking back, the dungeons were fine EXCEPT, you have to grind them like 8 times a day to be able to get all the gear you need within I dunno, 1-3 months hhaaha.  But yeah, it was a nice little escape from reality until you start having to grind out the end game gear by doing the same stuff over hundreds and hundreds of times for their tokens. 

but I like the graphics and color scheme and all around environment of the game.

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • smokeybhasmokeybha Member UncommonPosts: 129
    Originally posted by time007

played that game like non stop for the first 3-4 months it was out BUT I left cuz they didn't have frontlines like they said they would. 

but looking back, the dungeons were fine EXCEPT, you have to grind them like 8 times a day to be able to get all the gear you need within I dunno, 1-3 months hhaaha.  But yeah, it was a nice little escape from reality until you start having to grind out the end game gear by doing the same stuff over hundreds and hundreds of times for their tokens. 

but I like the graphics and color scheme and all around environment of the game.

I couldn't get around the 2.5 second global cool down... Liked most of it, but that just killed it for me. 

• Colt47Colt47 Member UncommonPosts: 549
    Originally posted by smokeybha
    Originally posted by time007

I couldn't get around the 2.5 second global cool down... Liked most of it, but that just killed it for me. 

The Cooldown I could live with.  The rep grind and continuous dungeon reruns for tokens is what killed it for me, unfortunately.  I even waited to patch 2.2 to see if things improved with leviathan being released and it ended up being more of the same.   If someone is going to make people rerun the same map over and over they should at least have the map and loot randomized like Path of Exile.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    I tanked in that dungeon as a lancer and no deaths lol
  • GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    Ever since I've become a tank, I have no issues whatsoever in random DF group. It's the way to go if you can get into tanking, for sure.