Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Frontlines details at last! (FFXIV large scale PVP)

2»

Comments

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    For me, frontline PvP is the type of PvP I've been waiting for. I was never a stickler for arena PvP in traditional mmorpgs. But this maybe the Alterac Valley fix I need in FFXIV. I really, really, REALLY wish they would allow dual queues for this. Meaning that I can queue a dungeon run and do some frontlines while I wait.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by dreamscaper
    Originally posted by RLWD
    Originally posted by ZenTaoYingYang

but I also think its vital for any MMO to have both PvE and PvP aspect. 

This. There's quite a few people that argue that they should just stop developing PvP for the game, because "It's a final fantasy game". So the game shouldn't be an MMO either because most final fantasy games aren't right? I mean how many Rpg franchises had PvP in their single player iterations ?!  Elder Scrolls sure didn't for example and it's one of ESO's biggest calling points. 

It baffles me how adding another type of gameplay, which the presence of makes or breaks a game for some people, could ever be fought against. 

Oh and for those wondering, PvP in this game does one thing great which is the fact that it uses ALL the jobs/classes abilties so much more than PvE does, when you come from PvE you usually have a bunch of skills that you  rarely use and then find out that they're really useful in PvP, this especially true for CCs, debuffs and even some buffs that take an whole different importance in there. The GCD also adds a tactic layer to the whole thing.

No, they should stop developing PVP because it's a waste of resources. I don't know a single person in my FC who does PVP in this game. People don't play Final Fantasy for PVP, they play Final Fantasy for Final Fantasy. The only reason this is a thing is because Yoshi-P wants FFXIV to be WoW.

Sounds more like those in your FC play only for PVE, no FC/Guild speaks for an entire community.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson