Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fun game that bots are destroying.

VutarVutar Member UncommonPosts: 916
I have never seen so many bots in an MMO.  I thought WoW had problems but the botting in WoW is tame compared to this.  How does an MMO release in 2014 without any protection at all against warping bots?  This feels like playing a F2P game.

Comments

• vtravivtravi Member UncommonPosts: 348
    I Have yet to see a bot. Where are they? I heard they just banned a bunch of gold sellers, maybe this will take care of this bot issue you talk about.
  • JOverlordJOverlord Member Posts: 132
    Over on the botting forums tons of people are saying they have been banned already. 
  • BurntCabbageBurntCabbage Member UncommonPosts: 482

i dont think its as bad as some games but yes they say they are fixing it but w/e im not gonna resubb for my own reasons

i liked the pvp up to the point when theres only 2 active people really playing and the rest of the team were bots running back n forth doing nothing ..the pvp is really borked..so they are not gonna get my money and imo the game is a f2p title with the recycled task / quests that are the same over n over n over n over again ..it will be interesting what their cash shop will look like in a month from now

• SaluteSalute Member UncommonPosts: 794
    Never seen a bot in the open world (i dont pvp so i dont know about bg;s) but i m sure bots are there as in every other mmo.

All Time Favorites: EQ1, WoW, EvE, GW1
    Playing Now: WoW, ESO, GW2

• DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880
    There are bots and cheaters in every game, get over it or get used to it, plain and simple.

• BeastnBeastn Member UncommonPosts: 111
    I saw my first warping bit this morning mining...it was lame I was fighting the mob to get to the node and the bot popped in and was using his mining laser simultaneously and then popped out again in under a second. At first I thought I was seeing things, but then I saw it happen over and over again
  • VutarVutar Member UncommonPosts: 916
    People claiming they have yet to see a bot either do not mine/gather or have no idea what a bot is. One can simply stand at a node and see many bots warping by.
  • BurntCabbageBurntCabbage Member UncommonPosts: 482
    Originally posted by Vutar
    People claiming they have yet to see a bot either do not mine/gather or have no idea what a bot is. One can simply stand at a node and see many bots warping by.

this^ and in pvp case they run forward on autorun straight to the middle everytime and die over n over ..or jump down to run to point A to point B and do nothing ..also there is sopose to be no auto-attack in game yet they run a script hax that makes them run around auto attacking n doing nothing else..mostly see this on engineer class

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 9,808
    eeh no need.
  • JOverlordJOverlord Member Posts: 132
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by vtravi
    I Have yet to see a bot. Where are they? I heard they just banned a bunch of gold sellers, maybe this will take care of this bot issue you talk about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsGi9ztE2mk PvE bots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK4gY34LWv0 PvE teleporting bots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26lB3QkCfH8 Battle Ground bots

Uploaded 17 mins ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbNb2SJL3zo Speed Hacks-Macro-Botting 

Is this the same bots you realized were fake and trojans?

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 9,808
    Originally posted by JOverlord
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by vtravi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsGi9ztE2mk PvE bots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK4gY34LWv0 PvE teleporting bots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26lB3QkCfH8 Battle Ground bots

Uploaded 17 mins ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbNb2SJL3zo Speed Hacks-Macro-Botting 

Is this the same bots you realized were fake and trojans?

You mean the fake gold hack videos? No sadly, these bots and hacks are real and destroying the game for a lot of people.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    I have never seen so many bots in an MMO.  I thought WoW had problems but the botting in WoW is tame compared to this.  How does an MMO release in 2014 without any protection at all against warping bots?  This feels like playing a F2P game.

Regardless that I hate bots.

What I do wonder is why people seem suprised these things happen in today's MMORPG's?

Everyone has acces to the internet....right? nobody actually needs to be coder/hacker of some sorts, search engine's will give you the info you need. It doesn't even have to be one of those goldscam company's. Anyone can do it thanks to our wonderfull open internet.

Cheaters have been in most online games, don't you think these same type of cheaters would find way's to use bots for activities they might not like doing themselfs and make a hugh profit ingame due to it.

So please gamers don't act that suprised seeing these type of things happen in online games. It sucks for sure and I do hate it if those type of people ruin a game experiance for others. But I am confident that developers do their best to counter them. But as said with this easy acces to everything it will never be easy. But have patience and don't let those bots ruin your experiance that much. Report them when possible.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,911

The same thing happened in FFXIV:ARR and when I saw it happen at the launch of ESO, I predicted it would happen in Wildstar as well. Looks like I was right ?

The "RMT industry" has grown in size and sophistication every year. It appears that there's a huge market for 3rd party "black-market" currency and items in MMO's, and that market is growing rapidly. People are quite used-to paying extra for these things in Cash Shops now, so if there's no "official" cash shop, they simply go to the illegal ones.

Unfortunately, the activities of the illegal vendors have a very noticeable effect on the game play experience.

• CrusadesCrusades Member Posts: 480
    I'm now seeing them as well , they come zipping along farm crafting nodes and zip to the next one. They move fast too.
  • turinmacleodturinmacleod Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 166

I have well over 60 hours played over my three characters and I have not seen a single bot yet, though I have been spammed to death for gold.  The game is far from being destroyed... annoying at worst, IMHO.

T

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,182
    Originally posted by Reklaw

What I do wonder is why people seem suprised these things happen in today's MMORPG's?

Everyone has acces to the internet....right? nobody actually needs to be coder/hacker of some sorts, search engine's will give you the info you need. It doesn't even have to be one of those goldscam company's. Anyone can do it thanks to our wonderfull open internet.

Cheaters have been in most online games, don't you think these same type of cheaters would find way's to use bots for activities they might not like doing themselfs and make a hugh profit ingame due to it.

So please gamers don't act that suprised seeing these type of things happen in online games. It sucks for sure and I do hate it if those type of people ruin a game experiance for others. But I am confident that developers do their best to counter them. But as said with this easy acces to everything it will never be easy. But have patience and don't let those bots ruin your experiance that much. Report them when possible.

Who's acting surprised though, I'm not really seeing that. WHile I agree with those saying it's just something you have to expect and deal with in most MMO's. That really doesn't make their existence have any less impact on certain game mechanics, like PVP matches or node farming. While I'd never say they destroy a game, they can ruin aspects of a game, like what's widely reported here for WS, PVP matches. IF that's what you play for and you see a lot of it, your experience is going to take a hit.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• CallinCallin Member Posts: 99
    I ran into a lvl 14 in Grimvault the other day that was teleporting. Had a real name as well. Also I was attacked by (insert random letter grouping here) in Grimvault. I dont think it was bot though. It was funny trying to attack a nonflagged person. Both of them Exile I am Dominion. Both at mining nodes. 
  • ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by Distopia

Who's acting surprised though, I'm not really seeing that. WHile I agree with those saying it's just something you have to expect and deal with in most MMO's. That really doesn't make their existence have any less impact on certain game mechanics, like PVP matches or node farming. While I'd never say they destroy a game, they can ruin aspects of a game, like what's widely reported here for WS, PVP matches. IF that's what you play for and you see a lot of it, your experience is going to take a hit.

Think you might have missed the now highlighted red part

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,182
    Originally posted by Distopia

Think you might have missed the now highlighted red part

No didn't miss it, the only part of my post toward yours was the opening line, I don't think people are acting surprised. The rest was how I feel about bots and their effect on a game.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Instigator-JonesInstigator-Jones Member UncommonPosts: 530
    Originally posted by turinmacleod

I have well over 60 hours played over my three characters and I have not seen a single bot yet, though I have been spammed to death for gold.  The game is far from being destroyed... annoying at worst, IMHO.

T

^this 

I have, however, heard call-outs stating that bots are in-game while I've been log'd; I have yet to see one though.

As a result of it's growing popularity, I'm afraid that notting with be more prevalent. The gold spamming is enough, more bot-ing will really blow. I'm sincerely hopping that Carbine can find a good fix. 

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,260
    NCsoft games usually have a lot bots/farmers.
  • MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

The crown for me personaly is WoW and ESO.
    Never did i see so many bots going rampage for long stretches of time.
    Better get used to it or quit mmo's, simple as that aint it ?

Nothing we can do about it then a /report.

• SaluteSalute Member UncommonPosts: 794
    Originally posted by Mothanos

The crown for me personaly is WoW and ESO.
    Never did i see so many bots going rampage for long stretches of time.
    Better get used to it or quit mmo's, simple as that aint it ?

Nothing we can do about it then a /report.

Agree 100%

All Time Favorites: EQ1, WoW, EvE, GW1
    Playing Now: WoW, ESO, GW2

• k61977k61977 Member RarePosts: 1,245

I don't know maybe I have been blessed but I have yet to see the open world bots and yes I am a major crafter, I love crafting.  Yes there were bots in pvp and I have seen and killed many of them. 

As far as people calling node harvesters that move in a flash a bot, it usually isn't, it is someone using a speed hack which is IMO worse than botting.  I did have a guildie call out that they saw a speed hacker the other day, they reported it and moved on.

So stop saying the world is going to end because of the botters, because guess what they are banning them left and right.  The stupid Chinese gold farmers have to spend the money they are making to buy new accounts which will get banned too.  Again they are not hurting me one bit but if they are there let them get ban to.

• ThaneThane Member RarePosts: 3,446

you know nothin', john snow.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"