Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

State of the game

OrgoneOrgone Member Posts: 90

Simply my perspective, fire away all you forum warriors.

Trion are milking this for all they are worth, the only consistent thing is their inconsistency.

bots, goldsellers,afk levellers and some of the vilest chat you could wish for.

I love this game, but to be blunt, I truly wish I had not bought into this alpha, i've done no more than disappoint myself as the game will never in my opinion be updated etc. efficiently. I have little confidence in the publishers, having seen/heard their interactions and actions over the past month or two.

Yet people defend it all.

Fine.

Just sick of this entire thing now. And no, you can't have my farm, I'm going to leave it to rot, like the game will,

Comments

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626

Are they milking it? Translations aren't complete. Noone said you had to buy into any alpha. You bought it and that's all on you. Hopefully you learned your lesson. But to blame Trion or the game when it's not ready? Nah.. They've been pretty upfront about what is going on.  These things take time, especially when they're not really driving the car. 

Regarding the bots, gold sellers, etc.. That's just laughable. Goldsellers are at best.. annoying. Just block them and go on about your day. Anyone who buys gold in Alpha is kind of an idiot. Vile chat? Most people are just joking around, but perhaps you're too uptight. Regardless - there are ways to disable that chat. Instead you'd rather come to a forum to complain about it. Suit yourself.

The reason people defend this game, is because it's more entertaining than just about every MMO released in the last few years. So many things to do. So many things to work towards. This game has its downfalls, but the benefits outweigh them. At least Trion is giving people the ability to play the game now instead of having to wait for months. There are a lot of people who would love to take your place in alpha. I can promise you that. 

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967

The gold sellers get into the game because unintelligent people with no self control go to these phishing websites and put in their game info or some other scam. Bam, account gone +4 gold spam characters. I don't know what type of child buys gold in Alpha or even checks it out but, the community has to get better before that problem is solved in any game. What can Trion really do about people basically giving away their account info? I haven't seen bots yet (they're there, but I doubt they're on disputed territory.)

I don't know how they're considered "milking" alpha when they're not collecting anything beyond the $150. The community was up in arms about 1.0 and such and they went ahead and pushed to get 1.2 implemented which delayed moving to Beta.

Are you really in Alpha though?

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • JOverlordJOverlord Member Posts: 132
    Originally posted by Orgone

Trion are milking this for all they are worth, the only consistent thing is their inconsistency.

I love this game, but to be blunt, I truly wish I had not bought into this alpha, i've done no more than disappoint myself as the game will never in my opinion be updated etc. efficiently. I have little confidence in the publishers, having seen/heard their interactions and actions over the past month or two.

Fine.

Just sick of this entire thing now. And no, you can't have my farm, I'm going to leave it to rot, like the game will,

How are they milking this? Everyday the game isnt live is thousands of dollars they are losing out on. I dont think a company that wants to make money would pass by the money they will be making from the cash shop plus subscriptions.

• Ragnar1337Ragnar1337 Member CommonPosts: 70

The problem is you have a dead broke and failing company like Trion trying to play catch up with a Korean developer scrambling to try and save a game they screwed up badly. The testing drags on because they don't have the resources to get the job done. They are trying to cash in on the alpha as much as they can, but I can not imagine them wanting to drag this out any more then they have to. The amount of people willing to pay 150$ is limited. 

Botting and gold spamming has completely taken over the alpha server like a virus because people are stupid enough to get their accounts compromised. Trion doesn't want to pay people to clean up the mess so the problem just keeps getting worse. I was really interested in this game but the direction it is going combined with the poor choice in publisher makes for a difficult situation that is hard to support. 

• AstraeisAstraeis Member UncommonPosts: 378
    Originally posted by JOverlord

How are they milking this? Everyday the game isnt live is thousands of dollars they are losing out on.

But the game is live. They are selling AA to people and people are paying to play the game. The game is released and live.

The Alpha tag is just to indicate that they released the game in an unfinished state with the condition that the server will  become a test server and you will not be able to transfer your character to servers that will be opened lateron. Also the cash shop is not functional yet, but even goldsellers understand that the game is live just like any other early access game on the market. The fanboys that bought an unfinished game with conditions that suck still fail to see that. At least most of them.

When you pay to play a game it is released. So, no they are not milking it. They are selling it.

It takes one to know one.

• JOverlordJOverlord Member Posts: 132
    Originally posted by Astraeis

How are they milking this? Everyday the game isnt live is thousands of dollars they are losing out on.

But the game is live. They are selling AA to people and people are paying to play the game. The game is released and live.

The Alpha tag is just to indicate that they released the game in an unfinished state with the condition that the server will  become a test server and you will not be able to transfer your character to servers that will be opened lateron. Also the cash shop is not functional yet, but even goldsellers understand that the game is live. The fanboys that bought an unfinished game with conditions that suck still fail to see that. At least most of them.

When you pay to play a game it is released. So, no they are not milking it. They are selling it.

Oh you are one of those people...

The Alpha tag is just to indicate that they released the game in an unfinished state with the condition that the server will  become a test server and you will not be able to transfer your character to servers that will be opened lateron. Also the cash shop is not functional yet, but even goldsellers understand that the game is live. The fanboys that bought an unfinished game with conditions that suck still fail to see that. At least most of them.

Oh you are one of those people...

Read my sig.

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365
    Originally posted by Ragnar1337

The problem is you have a dead broke and failing company like Trion trying to play catch up with a Korean developer scrambling to try and save a game they screwed up badly. The testing drags on because they don't have the resources to get the job done. They are trying to cash in on the alpha as much as they can, but I can not imagine them wanting to drag this out any more then they have to. The amount of people willing to pay 150$ is limited. 

Botting and gold spamming has completely taken over the alpha server like a virus because people are stupid enough to get their accounts compromised. Trion doesn't want to pay people to clean up the mess so the problem just keeps getting worse. I was really interested in this game but the direction it is going combined with the poor choice in publisher makes for a difficult situation that is hard to support. 

I love the game but I fear it will end up like Age of Wushu.  A great game crumbling under the incompetence of those that run it.

I have hope Trion will turn things around, but honestly I don't think they will.  If they can't keep chat channels under control when there is only one server running, I personally don't have any faith in them.

I do hope it turns around, because it is a great game.

But I don't buy any of their crap about why spammers are so rampant and I don't care about any of that.  I just want to see results and i'm not seeing that.

Originally posted by Ramanadjinn

I love the game but I fear it will end up like Age of Wushu.  A great game crumbling under the incompetence of those that run it.

I have hope Trion will turn things around, but honestly I don't think they will.  If they can't keep chat channels under control when there is only one server running, I personally don't have any faith in them.

But I don't buy any of their crap about why spammers are so rampant and I don't care about any of that.  I just want to see results and i'm not seeing that.

Trion is not an incompetent publisher. Whether this is a priority and whether release 1.2 will help to fight botters? I tend to be optimistic. However, I doubt they are going to patrol the chat channels. They will probably implement filtering and efficient spam reporting and ignore functionality if it is not there already.

• An4thorAn4thor Member Posts: 524

Between wasting money on GMs to ban gold sellers during an Alpha i'd rather have them using it to bring us the game asap.

There is a block function, it's not hard to use it.

It's the players fault that gold sellers even exist. If there are fools that can't avoid buying pixel money even in an alpha blame them.

• HikaruShidouHikaruShidou Member UncommonPosts: 163

Gold sellers will be in every MMO, end of story.

The reason Trion is taking forever to release the game is due to the fact they are skipping 1.0 and going straight to 1.2 version. Trust me when I say you WANT to wait.  Version 1.0 caused a huge uproar in korea and almost killed the game. The 1.2 version fixes a lot of the issues people had with 1.0. So I'd say stick it out and wait for it.

As far as milking goes, every company does this alpha buying crap now, so they are no better nor worse than any other company out there.

Trion is not an incompetent publishers. Whether this is a priority and whether release 1.2 will help to fight botters? I tend to be optimistic. However, I doubt they are going to patrol the chat channels. They will probably implement filtering and efficient spam reporting and ignore functionality if it is not there already.

I hope you're right!

I have no real experience with Trion so I wasn't really accusing them of being incompetent so much as I was trying to express that I am worried.

I probably sound harsh but its only because i've played a game I loved and watched it die from this sort of stuff.

As to what the other folks are saying about blame.  I'm personally only concerned with solutions and results.  Placing blame isnt a part of that.  People are going to buy gold, thats a given.  We need systems in place that either stop that altogether organically,  or remove those advertising it from the game chat.   We're not going to stop people from buying it by asking them, shaming them, or blaming them.

Blame is just irrelevant.

• MyomistMyomist Member UncommonPosts: 1

Block function does not work as the gold seller deletes that character and makes a new one every 5 minutes or so. I have Faction chat and any other chat that is now spammed turned off. I have also seen those that have been attacking bots getting jail time and think that's silly. Bots / gold sellers should be flagged as pirates :)

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Simply my perspective, fire away all you forum warriors. Trion are milking this for all they are worth, the only consistent thing is their inconsistency.bots, goldsellers,afk levellers and some of the vilest chat you could wish for.I love this game, but to be blunt, I truly wish I had not bought into this alpha, i've done no more than disappoint myself as the game will never in my opinion be updated etc. efficiently. I have little confidence in the publishers, having seen/heard their interactions and actions over the past month or two.Yet people defend it all.Fine.Just sick of this entire thing now. And no, you can't have my farm, I'm going to leave it to rot, like the game will,

Who did force you to buy the alpha ?
    Trion just happen to have the best free to play mmo on the market with Rift, no pay to enjoy crap.
    Archeage just happen to be one of the best sandpark mmo's comming out only to be bested by Eve Online.
    And god forbid Trion is making a profit ^^ oh the horrors of a mmo studio making a shit ton of cash by making a great product !!!
    Trion just happen to make patch 1.2 happen with only a few weeks delay !!! dear god who dare they please the community like that !!!

Glad another one of those cry baby's left the game o/

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

i dont think there waisting money on gms for an alpha. there not even punishing afk mount runners until release

• pantaropantaro Member RarePosts: 515

Fine.

my curiousity about this game is fastly dwindling due to the over priced paid alphas and betas nonsense and to make it worse this is a game that is already released in other countries! this isn't some indie game and company on kickstarter wtf lol 150 to test a game in alpha phase!?!??! people usually get paid for that..... at this point not even surprised at all the negative i hear about trion anymore.I swear these f2p companies have no shame...

Can't even wrap my head around how so many rant and rave about how so many games are not worth 15 a month sub and how f2p is the future and sub games are obsolete,yet people actually pay for this!?!?

I've come to the conclusion that its not the companies or devs that are the problem with this genre it's the players. money talks and clearly so much money is saying that we will pay for anything and then cry later how your game sucks(sucks meaning there is a new game on the block that i wanna throw money at now,which offers more of the same crap)

it's no wonder the mmorpg genre is so frozen in time....

Originally posted by pantaro

I've come to the conclusion that its not the companies or devs that are the problem with this genre it's the players.

Not only this genre. I might add.

• wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Originally posted by mcrippins

Are they milking it? Translations aren't complete. Noone said you had to buy into any alpha. You bought it and that's all on you. Hopefully you learned your lesson. But to blame Trion or the game when it's not ready? Nah.. They've been pretty upfront about what is going on.  These things take time, especially when they're not really driving the car. 

Regarding the bots, gold sellers, etc.. That's just laughable. Goldsellers are at best.. annoying. Just block them and go on about your day. Anyone who buys gold in Alpha is kind of an idiot. Vile chat? Most people are just joking around, but perhaps you're too uptight. Regardless - there are ways to disable that chat. Instead you'd rather come to a forum to complain about it. Suit yourself.

The reason people defend this game, is because it's more entertaining than just about every MMO released in the last few years. So many things to do. So many things to work towards. This game has its downfalls, but the benefits outweigh them. At least Trion is giving people the ability to play the game now instead of having to wait for months. There are a lot of people who would love to take your place in alpha. I can promise you that. 

End the thread. The best comment has already been made.

• OrgoneOrgone Member Posts: 90

Apparently having an honest approach to issues which are not being addressed or are being abused etc. is not welcome.

Unfortunately, the alpha forum has a lot of people with similar concerns, but folk won't say so because they will get abuse for having paid for an alpha

Not me. I bought into it based on gameplay and feature lists and expectations from a major publisher.

I was wrong and I'll admit it, but that doesn't change the fact that the game is in a state, bots all over Windscour, chat is a mess, etc etc etc

I will cheerfully post if someone can correct me regarding these issues, not from fanpish, but from facts in game. cya in Windscour

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Originally posted by Myomist

Block function does not work as the gold seller deletes that character and makes a new one every 5 minutes or so. I have Faction chat and any other chat that is now spammed turned off. I have also seen those that have been attacking bots getting jail time and think that's silly. Bots / gold sellers should be flagged as pirates :)

You can flag people for botting.  The problem is it gives you 500+ exp and a bunch of nimrods figured that out and abuse it on innocent people.  If you get flagged 5 times you can be arrested and sent to jail by bounty hunters.

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    Originally posted by FlyByKnight
    Originally posted by Myomist

You can flag people for botting.  The problem is it gives you 500+ exp and a bunch of nimrods figured that out and abuse it on innocent people.  If you get flagged 5 times you can be arrested and sent to jail by bounty hunters.

No one figured this would be abused. What to say.image

Chamber of Chains
    Originally posted by pantaro

I've come to the conclusion that its not the companies or devs that are the problem with this genre it's the players. money talks and clearly so much money is saying that we will pay for anything and then cry later how your game sucks(sucks meaning there is a new game on the block that i wanna throw money at now,which offers more of the same crap)

it's no wonder the mmorpg genre is so frozen in time....

I still blame the developers.

What you said is correct imo.  I can't argue with that.

But I feel there is another aspect to the situation in that there could be a way to make a MMORPG that would be more profitable and get more money from players than what we're seeing and for a longer period of time.  One that actually delivers a quality product to a broad range of customers.

Lots of industries have been mired in times of low innovation, low quality, and customers still giving them money because there is just no better way.  Just look at american manufacturing a few decades ago.  There were plenty of people who had great ideas on how to fix it but companies didn't care because there was no incentive to change.  Then overseas companies took those ideas and became top competitors in our market creating an incentive.

This is a very good time to be a developer and actually find a new way to get all of our money.  But it won't happen until it does.

There really isn't a finite supply of our money to take.  There is always a way to take more.  And there is a way to make a better product.  Developers have to find that way, its their job, not us players.  And someone smart will eventually do just that, no matter how many garbage games we buy.