Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WS: no sales info but doing well

Comments

• SaluteSalute Member UncommonPosts: 795
    Originally posted by JOverlord
    Originally posted by bestever
    Originally posted by Wolfshead
    They already beat ESO numbers. Just shows you that even a well known IP cant save a game that is broken.

Applying this ratio to Elder Scrolls Online, the game could have sold 1.2 million copies for both digital and physical sales for the PC/Mac platform in the first two weeks. Digital sales will include the digital Standard Edition and digital Imperial Edition which are sold on the official website, Steam and other online distributors. That’s a great number that makes it a contender for the most popular MMORPG release this year.

http://elderscrollsonline.info/news/number-of-subscribers-and-success-rate-of-elder-scrolls-online

Here someone at lest try figure out what number ESO have and honest i don't think he so fair off to be honest and btw ESO have around 5 million beta player and if only 3rd of those player bought the game it would beat WS consider that WS beta you need to apply for a new beta key each time at the end which sucks big time.

The 1.2m guesstimation doesnt account for the thousands of refunds they had to give as well. Anyone who asked for a refund before the first month ended was given one.

And you think the same can't go for wildstar. I wish I could get a refund but I picked mine up a longtime ago from gmg so I'm stuck with it. I would get my money back faster from wildstar then most did from eso.

People wanted their money back because they couldnt play it for ESO, ESO recognized that the game was full of bugs and offered refunds, I dont know any other MMO title that gave refunds due to players not able to play, doesnt mean it doesnt exist just never heard of it. No one is claiming they cant play Wildstar or that its filled with bugs.

Um nope. Even the dev's said the esper is nothing but a bug and needs to be redone.  The engineer has 32 bugs, this is even on the forums and the dev's even agreed with it. Sorry you can act like wildstar is something great but its not. ESO gave refunds because they knew people have the right to refunds for something that isn't finished, more then I can say for most. I give bethesda props for refunding people there money. They didn't have to. It was a good choice on their part.

These are only class bugs. Who knows what else is wrong with the game.

You may want to go check again. Not that many bugs that havent been fixed already.  Also nothing game breaking. Very polished game so far. Im not even playing the game though. Got too much on my plate as it is. 

lol I have played it and my brother is playing it right now. He loves the game but he's the one that told me that these bugs were posted by the dev's today in a patch. The patch states these will be fixed. how are 32 bugs in a class not game breaking bug and it makes me wonder if its the healers or the warrior tank that has bugs in dungeons.

If you don't even play the game why would you be here supporting it? Makes no since for someone not playing the game to try and defend it.

Yeah eso had its quest and others but in the end they still didn't have to give a refund, you seem to not get that, the game was paid for and they didn't have to REFUND the money. No game has to refund the money. 

If you are not playing it why would you be bashing it? Could go the same way couldnt it?

I played the guest pass and really enjoy it and will probably play it later once I have time. When I play games I invest alot of time in them. 

You can go to the website and see all the bugs they are working on right now...2 class bugs. You can look at the patch notes online. No where does it say 32 bugs still need to be fixed. Also class bugs usually revolve around very small things that result in a few dps loss. 

And yes no game has to refund the money, but people were using their credit card companies and paypal to reverse the payments which cost the company more money if they have to dispute it. It was a desperate play to make sure they didnt lose more than they made.

lol I have played to 28 so why can't I bash it and where did I bash it? Seems like something someone would say when they have no real reply. My time isn't even over. I gave up on the game because its boring. I'm glad you had 7 days to play it. I've played longer and have had plenty of issues. 

I can't even tab in the auction house.

Like I said defend the game all you want but your point is no more true for wildstar then eso.

Yep making stuff up that was posted in the patch notes today. 

Have fun not playing boringstar.

Heres the patch notes. Let me know where you find the 32 bugs that were not fixed.

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/80520-update-notes-build-6745-6202014/

Plus the PTR Patch Notes coming at 06/02

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/80328-ptr-update-notes-feel-the-strain-109-6192014/#entry808958

All Time Favorites: EQ1, WoW, EvE, GW1
    Playing Now: WoW, ESO, GW2

• IceDarkIceDark Member UncommonPosts: 207
    Originally posted by Wolfshead
    They already beat ESO numbers. Just shows you that even a well known IP cant save a game that is broken.

Applying this ratio to Elder Scrolls Online, the game could have sold 1.2 million copies for both digital and physical sales for the PC/Mac platform in the first two weeks. Digital sales will include the digital Standard Edition and digital Imperial Edition which are sold on the official website, Steam and other online distributors. That’s a great number that makes it a contender for the most popular MMORPG release this year.

http://elderscrollsonline.info/news/number-of-subscribers-and-success-rate-of-elder-scrolls-online

Here someone at lest try figure out what number ESO have and honest i don't think he so fair off to be honest and btw ESO have around 5 million beta player and if only 3rd of those player bought the game it would beat WS consider that WS beta you need to apply for a new beta key each time at the end which sucks big time.

The 1.2m guesstimation doesnt account for the thousands of refunds they had to give as well. Anyone who asked for a refund before the first month ended was given one.

And you think the same can't go for wildstar. I wish I could get a refund but I picked mine up a longtime ago from gmg so I'm stuck with it. I would get my money back faster from wildstar then most did from eso.

People wanted their money back because they couldnt play it for ESO, ESO recognized that the game was full of bugs and offered refunds, I dont know any other MMO title that gave refunds due to players not able to play, doesnt mean it doesnt exist just never heard of it. No one is claiming they cant play Wildstar or that its filled with bugs.

Um nope. Even the dev's said the esper is nothing but a bug and needs to be redone.  The engineer has 32 bugs, this is even on the forums and the dev's even agreed with it. Sorry you can act like wildstar is something great but its not. ESO gave refunds because they knew people have the right to refunds for something that isn't finished, more then I can say for most. I give bethesda props for refunding people there money. They didn't have to. It was a good choice on their part.

These are only class bugs. Who knows what else is wrong with the game.

You may want to go check again. Not that many bugs that havent been fixed already.  Also nothing game breaking. Very polished game so far. Im not even playing the game though. Got too much on my plate as it is. 

lol I have played it and my brother is playing it right now. He loves the game but he's the one that told me that these bugs were posted by the dev's today in a patch. The patch states these will be fixed. how are 32 bugs in a class not game breaking bug and it makes me wonder if its the healers or the warrior tank that has bugs in dungeons.

If you don't even play the game why would you be here supporting it? Makes no since for someone not playing the game to try and defend it.

Yeah eso had its quest and others but in the end they still didn't have to give a refund, you seem to not get that, the game was paid for and they didn't have to REFUND the money. No game has to refund the money. 

If you are not playing it why would you be bashing it? Could go the same way couldnt it?

I played the guest pass and really enjoy it and will probably play it later once I have time. When I play games I invest alot of time in them. 

You can go to the website and see all the bugs they are working on right now...2 class bugs. You can look at the patch notes online. No where does it say 32 bugs still need to be fixed. Also class bugs usually revolve around very small things that result in a few dps loss. 

And yes no game has to refund the money, but people were using their credit card companies and paypal to reverse the payments which cost the company more money if they have to dispute it. It was a desperate play to make sure they didnt lose more than they made.

lol I have played to 28 so why can't I bash it and where did I bash it? Seems like something someone would say when they have no real reply. My time isn't even over. I gave up on the game because its boring. I'm glad you had 7 days to play it. I've played longer and have had plenty of issues. 

I can't even tab in the auction house.

Like I said defend the game all you want but your point is no more true for wildstar then eso.

Yep making stuff up that was posted in the patch notes today. 

Have fun not playing boringstar.

Heres the patch notes. Let me know where you find the 32 bugs that were not fixed.

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/80520-update-notes-build-6745-6202014/

Exactly what I asked him, because I saw the patch and I see no where a 32 bugs which are yet to be fixed.

Also , beside this 32 bugs link, which devs has "reckon" , I would like to see the link where they say that Esper is broken (  Even the dev's said the esper is nothing but a bug and needs to be redone. )

The Ice is dark and full of terror.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    I am playing an Esper and it is far from buggy . Don't spout nonsense when you do not play.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by Volgore

It's good that they state that the game is doing well, but then -what else shall we expect them to say? Remember Trion's propagangdfa about how good Rift is going ..and look where it is now.

Rift was doing fine at start, then they never listened to complains. Like rifts spawning all around quest hubs, npc's and players being killed in secs. Become impossible to quest. With expansion left after discovered simple regular mobs have up to 7 times more hp then ELITE in OLD world. I had soon enough.

Wildstar will lose a good chunk of players due to it's bad optimization, frustrating and blatant goldsinks and bots taking over the economy (it already started).

Would not know about bots in Wildstar in battleground (seen few horrifying youtubes), in pve none seen so far (i.e. for mining or alike). Zero, none. In Aion i.e. every single node after few weeks had its own bot.

Gold? Have not played in my life mmo (and played close to all) so CLEAN from GOLD SELLERS! So far no single chat line or whisper with gold spam, ok, got few ingame mails I regularly reported. All in all maybe from 3 different named gold sellers. No for week not a single. They are world recorders for keeping gold plague down.

Good luck, Carbine. I like to see this game succeed,but in 2014 its also strange to see you repeating noob mistakes other games stumbled over and also not being prepared for botters hitting the game.

Only problem I have with high lag on better settings. In main city sometimes virtually impossible to walk. Hope they fix this. Love cartoony look as I love wow cartoony look ... but at the same time I would expect if I can play Gw2 at maxed out settings and getting above 30fps, then WS engine with graphics easy cartoony looks should be at least comparable.

Subbing 100% after free time is over. So far game is worth every single cent I have spent.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by supremewow

Exactly what I asked him, because I saw the patch and I see no where a 32 bugs which are yet to be fixed.

Also , beside this 32 bugs link, which devs has "reckon" , I would like to see the link where they say that Esper is broken (  Even the dev's said the esper is nothing but a bug and needs to be redone. )

No reason to wonder, just look here, you'll find most of the issues they're having, as with any other game.

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/forum/205-bug-reports/

I might have enjoyed my buddy pass more if it had not been for AMD issues which are still unresolved.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Originally posted by kitarad
    I am playing an Esper and it is far from buggy . Don't spout nonsense when you do not play.

Why would you say that when one can look right at the bugs/issues section on the forums and see this is not true?  Posted today...

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/81765-small-observed-esper-bug-list/ 

I have no wish to trash any game, but I also like to see honesty when it comes to a games issues.

• JOverlordJOverlord Member Posts: 132
    Originally posted by Distopia

Why would you say that when one can look right at the bugs/issues section on the forums and see this is not true?  Posted today...

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/81765-small-observed-esper-bug-list/ 

I have no wish to trash any game, but I also like to see honesty when it comes to a games issues.

Have you played an MMO before? Would you like me to show you how many bugs are fixed each week with WoW for each class? This happens to every game. Bugs like these are not destroying a class, its not breaking a game. People are still able to play the class just not as optimized as they would like.

Have you played an MMO before? Would you like me to show you how many bugs are fixed each week with WoW for each class? This happens to every game. Bugs like these are not destroying a class, its not breaking a game. People are still able to play the class just not as optimized as they would like.

Who said the game was broken? Far from buggy says there are no issues, that isn't the case. Just pointing that out as he was essentially calling the other guy a liar.

• GregorMcgregorGregorMcgregor Member UncommonPosts: 263

This must be thread of the week for humor!

My game has sold more than yours because the postman said so! Also my daddy is bigger than yours, so there!

Oh, and could you all post your shopping lists please, we need to see which company sold the most Eggs, cus the Eggs I like have sold more than your, making them WAAAAAAAY better than any others!

Love it! /more plz! :)

No trials. No tricks. No traps. No EU-RP server. NO THANKS!

...10% Benevolence, 90% Arrogance in my case!

What the hell is the matter with you huh ? I play the game not read forums about the bugs. I have not had any problem so far. So I am lying is it because I have not experienced these bugs. I do not spend my time wallowing on boards unless I am checking a specific point. I have not seen that thread. Even so why would you single me out. I have not had a buggy experience. Can you understand that ?

He said 32 bugs list them out please. Show me the quote where the developer said that the esper is nothing but a bug and needs to be redone. You do not even play this game that makes you unqualified to comment.

Who said the game was broken? Far from buggy says there are no issues, that isn't the case. Just pointing that out as he was essentially calling the other guy a liar.

The OP is a liar. He said the class was unplayable and filled with bugs that was game breaking.

What the hell is the matter with you huh ? I play the game not read forums about the bugs. I have not had any problem so far. So I am lying is it because I have not experienced these bugs. I do not spend my time wallowing on boards unless I am checking a specific point. I have not seen that thread. Even so why would you single me out. I have not had a buggy experience. Can you understand that ?

He said 32 bugs list them out please.

I am not backing up anything he said, I was posting for clarity, no reason to take offense, he didn't say there were 32 esper bugs, he said there were 32 known issues, I didn't count didn't care enough to, however you were essentially saying ESper had no issues, I showed that wasn't the case, again clarity.

Exactly the class is far from unplayable since I play it I should know do you distopia play it ? I have not come across those bugs so for me the class is far from buggy. What of it ?

He said 32 bugs list them out please. Show me the quote where the developer said that the esper is nothing but a bug and needs to be redone. You do not even play this game that makes you unqualified to comment.

I just played the game and said nothing of my own experience, again I don't care enough to, I just like to see honesty. Calm down. Gotta love the unqualified to comment on issues that are apparent by viewing a single link. Get over yourself you have no say in who can comment.

The OP is a liar. He said the class was unplayable and filled with bugs that was game breaking.

Okay...

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

Or it means the "core" of today's MMO players simply want more of the same with some minor yet innovative improvements?

Regardless I really hope WS does well and continues doing so. It seems like a great game, just currently not for me.

Perhaps I just don't understand the logic in this "beat that other game in numbers" mindset.

I am absolutely fed up with people posting about things they have no idea about. He was lying plain and simple . He said game was unplayable that is not true. I am playing it everyday for hours. I would appreciate it if people did not just blow things out of proportion and respect the views of those who play and not those who just start threads without even playing the game. 

I seriously have no time to read every thread because I spend them between my family and the game check my posts if you disbelieve me. When I do check I see nonsense like this it makes me see red. Sorry for the over reaction.image

I am absolutely fed up with people posting about things they have no idea about. He was lying plain and simple . He said game was unplayable that is not true. I am playing it everyday for hours. I would appreciate it if people did not just blow things out of proportion and respect the views of those who play and not those who just start threads without even playing the game. 

Again get over yourself, the only info someone needs to comment on this is a look at the known issues.Didn't realize you'd go over the deep end because you were proven wrong.

You admitted yourself you do not play so what makes you an authority ? Also on the forums I have noticed people post issues that have been already fixed but they have not realised it.

You admitted yourself you do not play so what makes you an authority ?

An authority? WTF are you on about? I just said I was playing a buddy pass, never said I don't play.

Originally posted by Reklaw

Or it means the "core" of today's MMO players simply want more of the same with some minor yet innovative improvements?

Regardless I really hope WS does well and continues doing so. It seems like a great game, just currently not for me.

Perhaps I just don't understand the logic in this "beat that other game in numbers" mindset.

For the most part it determines how long an MMO will stay in business producing meaningful content. More money a company makes, more incentive a company has to keep the customers buying. 

More players always make it where more players can play with eachother. Instead of 5 guilds raids going on there are 500 guild raids going on. More chances to fit your schedule. More chances to get the most out of a game.

Can you prove the class is unplayable ? Remember you called me out first. You essentially called me a liar .

I just played the game and said nothing of my own experience, again I don't care enough to, I just like to see honesty. Calm down. Gotta love the unqualified to comment on issues that are apparent by viewing a single link. Get over yourself you have no say in who can comment.

Someone is just here to argue...lol Doesnt matter that Kitarad is right.

Can you prove the class is unplayable ? Remember you called me out first.

I didn't say it was unplayable, you said it was far from buggy, not far from unplayable. You were completely leaving out there are issues with the class, that's what I called you out on.

Someone is just here to argue...lol Doesnt matter that Kitarad is right.

He's right about what there being no issues with the class?  this coming from the guy who wants nothing but to bash ESO in WS threads? ROFL. Yeah You're one to talk.