Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lineage 2 Review

GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180

Okay a post in WoW forums inspired my to write this(usually don't). It won't be too descriptive as that one but hope you will get the point lol

Graphics-Incredible! Still one of the most upto-date ones out on the market. All the special effects are impressive also! Everything from monsters to towns to the weapon you are holding are amazing views.

9/10

Community-The community is VERY mature and loved it except for the bots/adena farmers/ebayers who basically ruined this game. Though the botters/adena farmers/ebayers are only about 10%-30% of the population(pretty high) it still ruins the fun as you are working your tail off to try to get a new weapon while others just ebay it.

7/10

Content-There are many different things to do in-game especially for high levels. But what about lower lvl content? The grind can get a bit tiresome and it would be great to be able to experience all the castle seiges while still being low level. Though once you reach higher levels, there is soo much to do and many new things are being added on.

8/10

Content:Quests-There are tons of quests in-game yet they are all seem pretty boring! Some are kind of interesting(the ones you get good rewards image) but others are just run from Town A to B or kill x monster to get y items.

5/10

Content:Dungeons-There are tons of dungeons to go to especially after Chronicle 3 when Necroplis and Catacombs were added. There are many to choose from so you don't have to go the same one each time.

7/10

Content:Seven Signs-Chronicle 3 brought this in and is very amazing! It brings more PvE content in-game like Festival of Darkness where you and a group try to fight off monsters in a room for a certain amount of time and collecting ancient adena from Necroplis/Catacombs.

7/10

Content:Trade Skills-Crafting can only be done by dwarfs but is very useful, don't really know much about it and is similar to other mmos where you just gather materials and create. Fishing will be available in Chronicle 4! image!

7/10

Lag/Servers-9 servers to choose from which is pretty nice but I hear that now some servers are being overfilled like Teon. These problems are still here, fortuantly I play on Erica, a medium sized population so I am able to log-in but the Teon problem seems to be a big issue.

7/10

PvP-PvP in Lineage 2 is incredible! You never know what might happen so everyday is a new adventure! Castle seiges, guild wars, PvP arenas, colliseums, or just fighting in a random place; it is always intense! Though sometimes the classes are a bit unbalanced but other times it is an even match before two of the same levels.

9/10

Skills-TONS of skills to choose from so no one needs to use the same skill as another person even if they are same class. There are many classes to choose from too but some classes can be similar to others.

8/10

Weapons/armour/etc.-One thing about L2 that annoys me is that items help a great deal in PvP. But there are many different types of items though many people usually get the same thing once they are a certain level for a certain class.

6/10

I guess that is it, remember this is my opinion so don't get mad at me for putting something that shouldn't be there but you are free to talk here if you thing something should be changed.

Overall, total score is about 7.3/10 which is high in my books image.

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
Nothing

Comments

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

Pretty good review, I'm putting a few of my opinions in, if you dont mindimage

Originally posted by Greatness

Okay a post in WoW forums inspired my to write this(usually don't). It won't be too descriptive as that one but hope you will get the point lol
    Graphics-Incredible! Still one of the most upto-date ones out on the market. All the special effects are impressive also! Everything from monsters to towns to the weapon you are holding are amazing views.
    9/10 completely agree!
    Community-The community is VERY mature and loved it except for the bots/adena farmers/ebayers who basically ruined this game. Though the botters/adena farmers/ebayers are only about 10%-30% of the population(pretty high) it still ruins the fun as you are working your tail off to try to get a new weapon while others just ebay it.
    7/10 I found it to be really good also 8/10
    Content-There are many different things to do in-game especially for high levels. But what about lower lvl content? The grind can get a bit tiresome and it would be great to be able to experience all the castle seiges while still being low level. Though once you reach higher levels, there is soo much to do and many new things are being added on.
    8/10 Hmmm...yes there are a ton of LOCATIONs to check out but none really have any interesting or compelling content attached to them 6/10 (D-)
    Content:Quests-There are tons of quests in-game yet they are all seem pretty boring! Some are kind of interesting(the ones you get good rewards image) but others are just run from Town A to B or kill x monster to get y items.
    5/10 The "quest" content is terrible, I write better stuff in NWN and I have no clueimage 3/10
    Content:Dungeons-There are tons of dungeons to go to especially after Chronicle 3 when Necroplis and Catacombs were added. There are many to choose from so you don't have to go the same one each time.
    7/10 yeah...its ok, still nothing to brag about 7 = average so I guess I agree.
    Content:Seven Signs-Chronicle 3 brought this in and is very amazing! It brings more PvE content in-game like Festival of Darkness where you and a group try to fight off monsters in a room for a certain amount of time and collecting ancient adena from Necroplis/Catacombs.
    7/10 again pretty average, really its just a killing mobs in a dungeon and collecting seals. The seals themselves are really the only thing that make it worth the effort.
    Content:Trade Skills-Crafting can only be done by dwarfs but is very useful, don't really know much about it and is similar to other mmos where you just gather materials and create. Fishing will be available in Chronicle 4! image!
    7/10
    I found crafting to all but useless at lower levels (level 30 and under) Items are of no use and material requirements are outlandishly high. I would rate this below average 4/10
    Lag/Servers-9 servers to choose from which is pretty nice but I hear that now some servers are being overfilled like Teon. These problems are still here, fortuantly I play on Erica, a medium sized population so I am able to log-in but the Teon problem seems to be a big issue.
    7/10 I don't have any "lag" issues when I play BUT I play on TEON and getting into the game is a royal pain in the ars 6/10. It takes so long and ticks me off so much sometimes I play WoW instead
    PvP-PvP in Lineage 2 is incredible! You never know what might happen so everyday is a new adventure! Castle seiges, guild wars, PvP arenas, colliseums, or just fighting in a random place; it is always intense! Though sometimes the classes are a bit unbalanced but other times it is an even match before two of the same levels.
    9/10 agreed to a point, the open PvP doesn't bother me to much but because the economy is out of control the risk of item lose really puts a damper on it. Anyone who doesn't fear loosing an item is lieingimage 8/10
    Skills-TONS of skills to choose from so no one needs to use the same skill as another person even if they are same class. There are many classes to choose from too but some classes can be similar to others.
    8/10
    Weapons/armour/etc.-One thing about L2 that annoys me is that items help a great deal in PvP. But there are many different types of items though many people usually get the same thing once they are a certain level for a certain class.
    6/10 agreed, game is entirely to item dependent which hampers the PvP aspect and crippels a realistic economy
    I guess that is it, remember this is my opinion so don't get mad at me for putting something that shouldn't be there but you are free to talk here if you thing something should be changed.
    Overall, total score is about 7.3/10 which is high in my books image.
    L2 has some very strong points BUT it is severally hampered by its out of control economy and over dependance on items. I left the game once I started spending more time selling junk then anything else. If I wanted to play the market 20 hours a week I would do it in RL and make real cash rather then pretend. 

• GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180
    You are right, spending time selling takes up most of the time. Hmmm. now that I look at it, I would stay selling things for about 1-2 days than go fight for about 1 day. Wow didn't really notice I was doing that.

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing