Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WS: no sales info but doing well

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by JOverlord
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by Nadia
    we will see WS sales info in mid august  .. nuff said

You are ok with that now? Wouldn't that be a sign of WS not meeting it's target? Just a month ago when concerning ESO you felt that not releases sales numbers was an indication of sales being nothing to brag about.

Originally posted by Mothanos

Any studio selling 1 million copy's in a few days or week is going to release that info as it gets reported as free advertisement and a milestone that this game is selling like delicious waffles.

Not making any statement of sold copy's after 6 or 7 weeks is an indication that it is not meeting its sales target or nothing to brag about.

We live in a simple world where if something is succesfull we wanne be part of it.
    Or at least are motivated to check it out.
    Specialy in the gameing industry where sales are the most importand thing a studio's works for.

Agree

Why the change in stance?

Doesnt sounds like a change in stance. They are saying they have more numbers than they did in Beta...That is more than ESO has given us. 

It also hasnt been a month yet.

No, we know as of June 7th,  ESO has sold more than 400k physical box copies and even more digital downloads. Thanks for your response, I was hoping Nadia would respond though, since that is who I quoted.

I dont see where ESO gave those numbers...

The Etymological Fallacy

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977

ROFL. That isnt concurrency?

You seem to have innate knowlegde of WS inner workings, mind telling us your sources (since thats the ONLY way you could have known ANYTHING about it). Since we all know whats it all about:

I rest my case.

You want my source of knowledge? Its called a dictionary. 

Ill even look it up for you. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/concurrent

Ill even go one further. Ill post what it says.

Full Definition of CONCURRENT

:  operating or occurring at the same time

:  running parallel

:  convergentspecifically :  meeting or intersecting in a point

:  acting in conjunction

:  exercised over the same matter or area by two different authorities <concurrent jurisdiction>

Opperating at the same time....

Yes, you should read it again and again when claiming something is NOT concurrency ROFL.

Have i mentioned comprehension?  Yes, a few times by now, lets see how long it takes :)

• JOverlordJOverlord Member Posts: 132
    Originally posted by Malabooga

ROFL. That isnt concurrency?

You seem to have innate knowlegde of WS inner workings, mind telling us your sources (since thats the ONLY way you could have known ANYTHING about it). Since we all know whats it all about:

I rest my case.

You want my source of knowledge? Its called a dictionary. 

Ill even look it up for you. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/concurrent

Ill even go one further. Ill post what it says.

Full Definition of CONCURRENT

:  operating or occurring at the same time

:  running parallel

:  convergentspecifically :  meeting or intersecting in a point

:  acting in conjunction

:  exercised over the same matter or area by two different authorities <concurrent jurisdiction>

Opperating at the same time....

Yes, you should read it again and again when claiming something is NOT concurrency ROFL.

Have i mentioned comprehension?  Yes, a few times by now, lets see how long it takes :)

Im sorry. Comprehension isnt your strong suit is it?

• MystralzMystralz Member UncommonPosts: 52
    Eh its believable to me I think wildstar facebook numbers might have been around 100k not too long ago.  Now they're 250k.  Wildstar had some of the best mmo promotion ever on to not be mentioned "biggest game streaming site." The majority of the people there don't even attempt to figure out how to get into beta.  I think i even remember people asking for keys when it was in open beta.  So as someone else estimated 300-500k is not bad for a game that i assumed was rushed and a little under budgeted compared to like destiny, swtor, possible eso budget?  I never expected wildstar to be considered a real mmoer home though.  We will see how the lost world of warcraft people keep my favorite western korean company stable.
  • Peer_GyntPeer_Gynt Member UncommonPosts: 79
    Originally posted by Superchieftian
    They already beat ESO numbers. Just shows you that even a well known IP cant save a game that is broken.

Proof?

Last time I checked, neither game has offically released numbers.

Indeed. For MMOs with a subscription, box sales have little to do with a games long term success. It's only after a few months when we can see how the games player retention and growth have panned out that we can finally see how a game is preforming financially. Why people feel the need to persist in this Schrodinger's cat farce of arguing over imaginary numbers at each game launch is beyond me. Seems rather a waste of time that could have been better spent on things that actually matter.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

You are ok with that now? Wouldn't that be a sign of WS not meeting it's target? Just a month ago when concerning ESO you felt that not releases sales numbers was an indication of sales being nothing to brag about.

i didnt say in my first post,  but in this thread, i have commented

- its annoying they havent given sales info yet

- the concurrency claim is obscure because it includes guest passes

in contrast to Zenimax

proudly boasting 5 million beta testers prelaunch and then silence

• MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977

i didnt say in my first post,  but in this thread, i have commented

- its annoying they havent given sales info yet

- the concurrency claim is obscure because it includes guest passes

in contrast to Zenimax

proudly boasting 5 million beta testers prelaunch and then silence

We know that both Zenimax and NCSoft are fond of boasting with numbers, so if numbers for WS dont come out (an no, not NCSofts financial report) same rules apply ;)

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

No, we know as of June 7th,  ESO has sold more than 400k physical box copies and even more digital downloads. Thanks for your response, I was hoping Nadia would respond though, since that is who I quoted.

If ESO gives numbers and they don't match up to what people want to see they just claim they're made up. As far as reliable sources go what he posted is way above the avg forum poster's opinion.

• KinadoKinado Member Posts: 198

Can't compare this game to Rift, Rift always felt stiff as hell. Animations are important, gameplay fluidity. The game needs to feel good so we can go through the content while enjoying the gameplay itself. Wildstar pretty much nails it when it comes to gameplay feel. Everything is very fluid.

Honestly I'm not a fan of the overly cartoon and silliness of the game but the combat is excelent and there's just a lot to do. Wildstar with a star wars skin would be insanely cool but Nexus will have to do. Best MMO to come out since burning crusade.

Originally posted by DamonVile

If ESO gives numbers and they don't match up to what people want to see they just claim they're made up. As far as reliable sources go what he posted is way above the avg forum poster's opinion.

What he replied to was DamonVile saying ESO has been quite about everything. He then posts something that ZOS didnt post to say they have said anything. Which of course they havent. We just have numbers from retailers who are more open about the numbers than ZOS is.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

What he replied to was DamonVile saying ESO has been quite about everything. He then posts something that ZOS didnt post to say they have said anything. Which of course they havent. We just have numbers from retailers who are more open about the numbers than ZOS is.

What's funny about these comparisons is even if ESO did sell better than WS, it wouldn't matter, as it's not competing with wildstar in the eyes of the gaming community, it's competing with the multi-million selling franchise it's based on. No number outside of ground breaking sales, would be good enough for it, so why bother trying to reason with people on a topic that will never be reasonable. Gamers and publishers aren't all that different in this regard. They both expect names to sell products.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Malabooga

We know that both Zenimax and NCSoft are fond of boasting with numbers, so if numbers for WS dont come out (an no, not NCSofts financial report) same rules apply ;)

wouldn't be the first time image

http://massively.joystiq.com/2008/06/06/tabula-rasa-goes-awol-from-q1-ncsoft-financial-reports/

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Originally posted by Superchieftian
    They already beat ESO numbers. Just shows you that even a well known IP cant save a game that is broken.

Proof?

Last time I checked, neither game has offically released numbers.

This, but my feeling on the matter is Wildstar will out strip them by far. Looking alone at how the 2 companies handle their game is really telling.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Originally posted by Distopia

What's funny about these comparisons is even if ESO did sell better than WS, it wouldn't matter, as it's not competing with wildstar in the eyes of the gaming community, it's competing with the multi-million selling franchise it's based on. No number outside of ground breaking sales, would be good enough for it, so why bother trying to reason with people on a topic that will never be reasonable. Gamers and publishers aren't all that different in this regard. They both expect names to sell products.

Of corse it matters. Im sure Carbine and ZM would love the bigger part of the pie. If it was your company you would as well. I have seen many posts of ESO crowd jumping boat to WS. All MMOs do share some common pools, as many of us are not just one gamer type. Myself I have enjoyed everything from PvP to PvE MMOs, Sandbox to Themepark. 

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    Originally posted by Distopia

Of corse it matters. Im sure Carbine and ZM would love the bigger part of the pie. If it was your company you would as well. I have seen many posts of ESO crowd jumping boat to WS. All MMOs do share some common pools, as many of us are not just one gamer type. Myself I have enjoyed everything from PvP to PvE MMOs, Sandbox to Themepark. 

I was referring to these types of back and forth arguments, not whether it should matter to ZEnimax or not. Not sure what the rest has to do with what I said.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

No, we know as of June 7th,  ESO has sold more than 400k physical box copies and even more digital downloads. Thanks for your response, but I was hoping Nadia would respond, since that is who I quoted. 

vgchartz is an "estimate". They dress up how they arrive at their numbers but some would call it a guess. I often think mmorpg "debates" arrive at a better estimate! 

So we have: changes in the box price; passive polling (think xfire, raptr); comparisons with older games; polling retail "partners" and consulting publishers. And whilst the latter sounds good the likes of EA, Activision etc. have said they don't give out data. 

A guess, an estimate - whatever. Doesn't mean its not "an indicator" that can be discussed just have to remember its not definitive.

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

Concurrency: playing at the same time. However as I said above Carbine's statement actually said very little. At least what they said was positive.

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    Originally posted by gervaise1

Concurrency: playing at the same time. However as I said above Carbine's statement actually said very little. At least what they said was positive.

Kind of my thoughts as well.

• WolfsheadWolfshead Member UncommonPosts: 224

Applying this ratio to Elder Scrolls Online, the game could have sold 1.2 million copies for both digital and physical sales for the PC/Mac platform in the first two weeks. Digital sales will include the digital Standard Edition and digital Imperial Edition which are sold on the official website, Steam and other online distributors. That’s a great number that makes it a contender for the most popular MMORPG release this year.

http://elderscrollsonline.info/news/number-of-subscribers-and-success-rate-of-elder-scrolls-online

Here someone at lest try figure out what number ESO have and honest i don't think he so fair off to be honest and btw ESO have around 5 million beta player and if only 3rd of those player bought the game it would beat WS consider that WS beta you need to apply for a new beta key each time at the end which sucks big time.

Originally posted by Wolfshead

Applying this ratio to Elder Scrolls Online, the game could have sold 1.2 million copies for both digital and physical sales for the PC/Mac platform in the first two weeks. Digital sales will include the digital Standard Edition and digital Imperial Edition which are sold on the official website, Steam and other online distributors. That’s a great number that makes it a contender for the most popular MMORPG release this year.

http://elderscrollsonline.info/news/number-of-subscribers-and-success-rate-of-elder-scrolls-online

Here someone at lest try figure out what number ESO have and honest i don't think he so fair off to be honest and btw ESO have around 5 million beta player and if only 3rd of those player bought the game it would beat WS consider that WS beta you need to apply for a new beta key each time at the end which sucks big time.

The 1.2m guesstimation doesnt account for the thousands of refunds they had to give as well. Anyone who asked for a refund before the first month ended was given one.

Originally posted by bestever

The 1.2m guesstimation doesnt account for the thousands of refunds they had to give as well. Anyone who asked for a refund before the first month ended was given one.

And you think the same can't go for wildstar. I wish I could get a refund but I picked mine up a longtime ago from gmg so I'm stuck with it. I would get my money back faster from wildstar then most did from eso.

People wanted their money back because they couldnt play it for ESO, ESO recognized that the game was full of bugs and offered refunds, I dont know any other MMO title that gave refunds due to players not able to play, doesnt mean it doesnt exist just never heard of it. No one is claiming they cant play Wildstar or that its filled with bugs.

And you think the same can't go for wildstar. I wish I could get a refund but I picked mine up a longtime ago from gmg so I'm stuck with it. I would get my money back faster from wildstar then most did from eso.

People wanted their money back because they couldnt play it for ESO, ESO recognized that the game was full of bugs and offered refunds, I dont know any other MMO title that gave refunds due to players not able to play, doesnt mean it doesnt exist just never heard of it. No one is claiming they cant play Wildstar or that its filled with bugs.

Um nope. Even the dev's said the esper is nothing but a bug and needs to be redone.  The engineer has 32 bugs, this is even on the forums and the dev's even agreed with it. Sorry you can act like wildstar is something great but its not. ESO gave refunds because they knew people have the right to refunds for something that isn't finished, more then I can say for most. I give bethesda props for refunding people there money. They didn't have to. It was a good choice on their part.

These are only class bugs. Who knows what else is wrong with the game.

You may want to go check again. Not that many bugs that havent been fixed already.  Also nothing game breaking. Very polished game so far. Im not even playing the game though. Got too much on my plate as it is. 

• IceDarkIceDark Member UncommonPosts: 207

Um nope. Even the dev's said the esper is nothing but a bug and needs to be redone.  The engineer has 32 bugs, this is even on the forums and the dev's even agreed with it. Sorry you can act like wildstar is something great but its not. ESO gave refunds because they knew people have the right to refunds for something that isn't finished, more then I can say for most. I give bethesda props for refunding people there money. They didn't have to. It was a good choice on their part.

You may want to go check again. Not that many bugs that havent been fixed already.  Also nothing game breaking. Very polished game so far. Im not even playing the game though. Got too much on my plate as it is. 

lol I have played it and my brother is playing it right now. He loves the game but he's the one that told me that these bugs were posted by the dev's today in a patch. The patch states these will be fixed. how are 32 bugs in a class not game breaking bug and it makes me wonder if its the healers or the warrior tank that has bugs in dungeons.

If you don't even play the game why would you be here supporting it? Makes no since for someone not playing the game to try and defend it.

Yeah eso had its quest and others but in the end they still didn't have to give a refund, you seem to not get that, the game was paid for and they didn't have to REFUND the money. No game has to refund the money. 

Could you please link this?

The Ice is dark and full of terror.

lol I have played it and my brother is playing it right now. He loves the game but he's the one that told me that these bugs were posted by the dev's today in a patch. The patch states these will be fixed. how are 32 bugs in a class not game breaking bug and it makes me wonder if its the healers or the warrior tank that has bugs in dungeons.

If you don't even play the game why would you be here supporting it? Makes no since for someone not playing the game to try and defend it.

Yeah eso had its quest and others but in the end they still didn't have to give a refund, you seem to not get that, the game was paid for and they didn't have to REFUND the money. No game has to refund the money. 

If you are not playing it why would you be bashing it? Could go the same way couldnt it?

I played the guest pass and really enjoy it and will probably play it later once I have time. When I play games I invest alot of time in them. 

You can go to the website and see all the bugs they are working on right now...2 class bugs. You can look at the patch notes online. No where does it say 32 bugs still need to be fixed. Also class bugs usually revolve around very small things that result in a few dps loss. 

And yes no game has to refund the money, but people were using their credit card companies and paypal to reverse the payments which cost the company more money if they have to dispute it. It was a desperate play to make sure they didnt lose more than they made.

If you are not playing it why would you be bashing it? Could go the same way couldnt it?

I played the guest pass and really enjoy it and will probably play it later once I have time. When I play games I invest alot of time in them. 

You can go to the website and see all the bugs they are working on right now...2 class bugs. You can look at the patch notes online. No where does it say 32 bugs still need to be fixed. Also class bugs usually revolve around very small things that result in a few dps loss. 

And yes no game has to refund the money, but people were using their credit card companies and paypal to reverse the payments which cost the company more money if they have to dispute it. It was a desperate play to make sure they didnt lose more than they made.

lol I have played to 28 so why can't I bash it and where did I bash it? Seems like something someone would say when they have no real reply. My time isn't even over. I gave up on the game because its boring. I'm glad you had 7 days to play it. I've played longer and have had plenty of issues. 

I can't even tab in the auction house.

Like I said defend the game all you want but your point is no more true for wildstar then eso.

Yep making stuff up that was posted in the patch notes today. 

Have fun not playing boringstar.

Heres the patch notes. Let me know where you find the 32 bugs that were not fixed.

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/80520-update-notes-build-6745-6202014/