Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Things to do in game

So I bought this game when it first came out but like many others on this forum was looking for something to take me away from wow and thus didn't take any time to appreciate the game. I turned myself off of the game and took quite a long hiatus. I am now back, REALLY enjoying the game again and just want to pose a question to the community:

I am currently level 11, slowly leveling up, enjoying as many facets of the game as possible, even turning away quests that I think sound shitty haha.. actually taking time to be engrossed by my character: be the jedi shadow ;)

Anywho: my old school way of thinking is that you can quest, dungeon, warzone.. and raids and that's it and that all the new stuff is only at the end game (Wow style). Are there other things to be done? I know there's ship combat now, housing, but can you enjoy those at low level? Are there other things I'm forgetting.. their own website is not very informative about this so I am contacting the community!

Thanks in advance for the replies :)

Comments

• mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768
    You have something called Flash points where you can join a dungeon kind of event, you have missions and weekly missions like PVP missions and space PVP missions using starfighter, yes there is a lot to do.

want 7 free days of playing? Try this

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

• heider89heider89 Member UncommonPosts: 159

warzone (pvp)                     10-55

Rated Arena (pvp) 4vs4     55

Flashpoints                         10-55

Raids/ops                            50-55

starfighter space (pvp)        1-55

bounty hunter event            15-55

Daily quest zones heroic 2+ and 4+

and soon we get housing and guild ship and conquer planets stuff

• ProkaryotikProkaryotik Member Posts: 38

Very nice.

Are there things that promote cooperation out in the world other than heroics?

Are there any benefits to housing other than aesthetics and achievement?

How competitive are the lower levels in the all-encompassing content? ie: Warzones and Starships

Is there any in depth content regarding crafting or is it solely for money making purpose? ie: crafting dailies a la wow

• ImpacthoundImpacthound Member UncommonPosts: 367
    Originally posted by Prokaryotik

Very nice.

Are there things that promote cooperation out in the world other than heroics? I would say no. In fact a big complaint is other people clicking your quest objectives for some missions in the open world if it's busy

Are there any benefits to housing other than aesthetics and achievement? Community doesn't know yet. Most games don't add benefits to housing, some do, but it remains to be seen

How competitive are the lower levels in the all-encompassing content? ie: Warzones and Starships Warzones are pretty dumb in lower brackets currently, if you get good at PVP, you can sometimes carry well in lower brackets vs. higher ones. Starfighter has no level brackets, it was pretty fair but now as a new player unless you put in cartel coins to quickly unlock a gunship and bomber, you might be disappointed

Is there any in depth content regarding crafting or is it solely for money making purpose? ie: crafting dailies a la wow Less depth in crafting than WoW. There's a neat feature where you can smash green items to unlock better blue patterns of the same thing, and again to purple, but crafting in general is a boring process where you tie up your companions to bake items for 15 minutes, up to an hour. Good gear while levelling but unless you raid, obsolete at max

responses in green

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

There is also gambling event for those who enjoy this kind if fun... I just got my Rancor.... and Jackpot achievement LOL

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• HockeyisthegameHockeyisthegame Member Posts: 84
    Originally posted by Impacthound
    Originally posted by Prokaryotik

Very nice.

Are there things that promote cooperation out in the world other than heroics? I would say no. In fact a big complaint is other people clicking your quest objectives for some missions in the open world if it's busy

Are there any benefits to housing other than aesthetics and achievement? Community doesn't know yet. Most games don't add benefits to housing, some do, but it remains to be seen

How competitive are the lower levels in the all-encompassing content? ie: Warzones and Starships Warzones are pretty dumb in lower brackets currently, if you get good at PVP, you can sometimes carry well in lower brackets vs. higher ones. Starfighter has no level brackets, it was pretty fair but now as a new player unless you put in cartel coins to quickly unlock a gunship and bomber, you might be disappointed

Is there any in depth content regarding crafting or is it solely for money making purpose? ie: crafting dailies a la wow Less depth in crafting than WoW. There's a neat feature where you can smash green items to unlock better blue patterns of the same thing, and again to purple, but crafting in general is a boring process where you tie up your companions to bake items for 15 minutes, up to an hour. Good gear while levelling but unless you raid, obsolete at max

responses in green

Couple little additions to the green

1) You can also add increasing your social points this is only done by groups, world bosses and some data crons require more then one person. 

• HockeyisthegameHockeyisthegame Member Posts: 84
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61

There is also gambling event for those who enjoy this kind if fun... I just got my Rancor.... and Jackpot achievement LOL

NICE!!! I had 18 cartel certs and only got the black speeder...tried it on my alt wasted about 2 million and didn't get anything.  Im holding out for the next cartel pack...WALKER!!

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    Originally posted by Hockeyisthegame
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61

NICE!!! I had 18 cartel certs and only got the black speeder...tried it on my alt wasted about 2 million and didn't get anything.  Im holding out for the next cartel pack...WALKER!!

This rancor is won in gambling event. I think I spent about 500,000 credits (maybe more - not sure) in chips to get it. Do not buy Kingpin chips.  You get smugglers chips and playing smugglers slots until you get enough kingpin chips and then you play smugglers slots until you get Feeling Lucjy buff, then run to Kingpin slots and check your chance. Got also 5 vectrons mounts in process.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    What are the bounty hunter events all about?