Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Destiny: Alpha Story Told in Stats

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Bungie has released some interesting stats from the first few days of the Destiny alpha. They're fun numbers that show a game that is pretty hot right now. See what you think!

Here’s the Post Game Carnage Report a small, intimate group of players were able to rack up in the First Look Alpha in just a few days’ time:

• 149,522,313 Primary Weapon Kills

• 21,782,610 Secondary Weapon Kills

• 4,002,737 Heavy Weapon Kills

• 21,687,298 Super Ability Kills

• 2,819,211 Orbs of Light Gathered

• 6,850,773 Control Points Captured in the Crucible

• 1,195 Deathless Medals awarded in the Crucible

• 4,356 Splatters with the Sparrow

• 667,966 Public Events Joined

• 60,491,944 Fallen Dregs Dispatched with Extreme Prejudice

• Too many to count: Guardians served in Dance Parties

Check out the full post on the Bungie / Destiny site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• JOverlordJOverlord Member Posts: 132
    I think hours/players played would have been a better stast to give. 
  • ZizouXZizouX Member Posts: 670

This was alpha.. i'm guessing beta is going to be huge.

I didn't thnk much of this game.  I got a surprise invite based on being a PSN member.  Took the plunge.  After 2 days of non-stop playing, I immediately pre-ordered the game.

I can't wait until beta next month and then release in September.  Last FPS i played was Halo 2.  you can imagine that it takes a great game to bring me back to an FPS... the RPG elements and well crafted bosses/story missions are awesome.  Great Co-op experience.

Didn't try to the pvp... but that's never been my thing anyway.

• CrusadesCrusades Member Posts: 480
    I think I may have had 25% of the total Splatters with a Sparrow - I can't get enough of that.
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Wow! Useless numbers to give marketting props to a game they know many will try to get an idea if they might buy! So enlightening and totally not worthless for people to see!
  • You really have some serious problems. This is just a weekly update on their blog. What is the big deal about it that you must bash? God...
  • TyggsTyggs Member UncommonPosts: 456

Haters gonna hate. Lovers gonna love. 

Game is fun for those that enjoy it. 

SWTOR Referral Link

Free Goodies for new or returning players.

See what it gets you Here

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    how many bullets have been shot?

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    Still find it off this game is covered on this site as its not a PC game. Sure there are a few who also have console but they are traitors to the PC master race and should be shunned at every opportunity.  Also I don't see how covering this game will increase the audience for this site.
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503

Lol at DMkano, you comment on every Destiny post, silly comments, makes me giggle ^^ Do something useful with your time 0o

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

Marketing - no bad thing.

Clever - calling this alpha testing when the game launches in c. 3 months. I'm sure alpha used to for major building block stuff / structural stuff. However Bungie have said that the upcoming beta will have "all new content" - some justification I suppose but still! The good news is that it seems very polished.

Super ability kills vs secondary weapon kills - now that's balanced pretty impressively
    Which makes me wonder..... balance. ... How many more hunters were created than warlocks and guardians?
  • DKKOberonDKKOberon Member Posts: 75
    Why are you covering this? It is not a PC game. Shun then till Bungie comes to their senses and give it to the real gamers of the world.
  • Torque2484Torque2484 Member UncommonPosts: 50
    This game was absolutely amazing I created a Warlock and loved their Overcharge ability it was so Overpowered killed so many dregs with that ability and the Knights were hurt a whole lot by that ability.  Can't wait to see how much more powerful it can be.