Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fresh news in a week or two

ImpacthoundImpacthound Member UncommonPosts: 367

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7488432#post7488432

I know so far we have been mainly dropping broad details without specifics. We will start diving more into the specifics around GSH in the next few weeks, specifically the end of June into July! Hope that answers your question.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

With the last two threads locked and this bit of news, everyone can take a week off from these forums, enjoy your vacation everyone!

Comments

• bobdole1979bobdole1979 Member Posts: 210
    neat
  • ProkaryotikProkaryotik Member Posts: 38

Everyone always either bitches about not enough content or simple, shallow content being put out. They can't put out blockbuster expansions every patch once a month. Just not going to happen.

I think people have to realize that there just aren't a lot of people at Bioware/EA working on new content and its just going to take time to get a finished product out. The game keeps getting better and better as time goes on. Looking forward to more additions and changes :)

• heider89heider89 Member UncommonPosts: 159

cant wait for more info about this am very hyped :P and even more after last  cantina Q A

How intricate will the decorations for the strongholds be? Will it be anything like Wildstar?

Answer:

Strongholds will be extremely intricate in that you will be able to place items as you see fit. Décor items can be created through trade skills and will be drops from mobs, flashpoints, and operations. This intricacy will be inherently Star Wars and will rival the housing of other games and it will very customizable.

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by Prokaryotik

Everyone always either bitches about not enough content or simple, shallow content being put out. They can't put out blockbuster expansions every patch once a month. Just not going to happen.

I think people have to realize that there just aren't a lot of people at Bioware/EA working on new content and its just going to take time to get a finished product out. The game keeps getting better and better as time goes on. Looking forward to more additions and changes :)

I dunno, WoW is taking a 12 month break from new content and gw2 has that living story garbage.  Compared to the competition SWTOR is doing an amazing job of delivering meaningful updates.

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    about time!  expansion is getting closer so new infos are appreciated
  • ImpacthoundImpacthound Member UncommonPosts: 367
    Originally posted by heider89

cant wait for more info about this am very hyped :P and even more after last  cantina Q A

How intricate will the decorations for the strongholds be? Will it be anything like Wildstar?

Answer:

Strongholds will be extremely intricate in that you will be able to place items as you see fit. Décor items can be created through trade skills and will be drops from mobs, flashpoints, and operations. This intricacy will be inherently Star Wars and will rival the housing of other games and it will very customizable.

Strictly for perspective, Wildstar's housing allows:

• items placed 800 max inside the house, 300 max in the yard. Items can be scaled up or down in size(so large trees can be shrunk to bonsai size, small books can be scaled up to giant sidewalk stepping stones),
    • Items can be attached to one another to be moved as a set, clip through one another to create new shapes or silhouettes(filling the holes in a piece of cheese with eyeballs, stabbing swords thru a taxidermy statue or placed in the hands of a manniquin)
    • Items can be placed on ground, ceilings, walls or open air freely(to make M.C. Escher weirdness or floating platforms for jumping fun)
    • Wildstar housing supports crafting with gathering nodes for professions
    • Housing can be private or public; visitors can come to your house when you aren't there, gather from your crafting nodes, and you get a share of what was gathered in your mailbox(you set the % rate for visitors if you open to the public
    • Customizable textures outside and inside the home buildings(if using the prefab houses, 95% of players do) with customizable sky/location and lighting options; being expanded to change the basic grass yard announced but pending
    • Multiple houses of different sizes to build from with different overall shapes, with options to place walls and segment rooms and multiple floors at player discretion
    • Structured gameplay with challenges tied to specific buildings, with currency or item rewards for PVE
    • Gateways to 4 instanced group dungeons that are exclusive to housing only(do not exist in the open world) and a raid portal(does have an open world location)
    • Each character has a separate house; characters on the same server and faction can be set as roommates to share access if desired
    • Administrative powers to change housing settings and item placements can be given and revoked to other players if the owner is lazy or needs help with being creative/wants input for others
    • Neighbor system to /friend other player's housing locations and visit them at any time from your own plot wether they are online or not
    • Bonus rest exp based on the presence of particularly valuable items
    • Day-long experience and currency buffs that persist thru death for PVE or PVP
    As vague as they've been, I'm very curious to see how Galactic Strongholds actually compares, since they've answered the broad comparison already and believe they will be competitive in features. Guild housing for Wildstar has also been announced with no current details or specific release date.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Galactic Strongholds is a fantastic update after so many sour pills. Lets see whats in there for preferred players.

Originally posted by rojo6934
    Galactic Strongholds is a fantastic update after so many sour pills. Lets see whats in there for preferred players.

Gonna be a longer wait for preferred, the sub early access is August, preferred don't get to use it until September. Only mentioning it because you specifically said preferred in your post.

I understand this is a strictly SWTOR board, but I just got my Warlords of Draenor beta invite on my battle.net launcher today, and we're STILL waiting on GSH and 3.0 expansion news. Disappointed that BioWare community team didn't deliver this week, unless they surprise us in the 11th hour.
  • Acidon.NumenAcidon.Numen Member Posts: 55
    Originally posted by Impacthound
    Originally posted by heider89

Answer:

Strictly for perspective, Wildstar's housing allows:

• items placed 800 max inside the house, 300 max in the yard. Items can be scaled up or down in size(so large trees can be shrunk to bonsai size, small books can be scaled up to giant sidewalk stepping stones),
    • Items can be attached to one another to be moved as a set, clip through one another to create new shapes or silhouettes(filling the holes in a piece of cheese with eyeballs, stabbing swords thru a taxidermy statue or placed in the hands of a manniquin)
    • Items can be placed on ground, ceilings, walls or open air freely(to make M.C. Escher weirdness or floating platforms for jumping fun)
    • Wildstar housing supports crafting with gathering nodes for professions
    • Housing can be private or public; visitors can come to your house when you aren't there, gather from your crafting nodes, and you get a share of what was gathered in your mailbox(you set the % rate for visitors if you open to the public
    • Customizable textures outside and inside the home buildings(if using the prefab houses, 95% of players do) with customizable sky/location and lighting options; being expanded to change the basic grass yard announced but pending
    • Multiple houses of different sizes to build from with different overall shapes, with options to place walls and segment rooms and multiple floors at player discretion
    • Structured gameplay with challenges tied to specific buildings, with currency or item rewards for PVE
    • Gateways to 4 instanced group dungeons that are exclusive to housing only(do not exist in the open world) and a raid portal(does have an open world location)
    • Each character has a separate house; characters on the same server and faction can be set as roommates to share access if desired
    • Administrative powers to change housing settings and item placements can be given and revoked to other players if the owner is lazy or needs help with being creative/wants input for others
    • Neighbor system to /friend other player's housing locations and visit them at any time from your own plot wether they are online or not
    • Bonus rest exp based on the presence of particularly valuable items
    • Day-long experience and currency buffs that persist thru death for PVE or PVP
    As vague as they've been, I'm very curious to see how Galactic Strongholds actually compares, since they've answered the broad comparison already and believe they will be competitive in features. Guild housing for Wildstar has also been announced with no current details or specific release date.

Nice, it almost sounds as robust as Rift's housing system.  The only exception being the Gateways you spoke of.

Good to see. 

If sweater's housing is anything like WS or Rift, i'll be impressed.  And I'm playing SW at the moment, before I get back into Rift to prepare for the expansion / max out my PA.

Please Note: I'm done arguing with unreasonable people with an agenda and/or those that fail to see logic.

Argue if you must, discount my post with anti-logic and/or Hyperbole. I won't be responding any longer.

Originally posted by Acidon.Numen

Nice, it almost sounds as robust as Rift's housing system.  The only exception being the Gateways you spoke of.

Good to see. 

If sweater's housing is anything like WS or Rift, i'll be impressed.  And I'm playing SW at the moment, before I get back into Rift to prepare for the expansion / max out my PA.

Heh, I haven't seen anyone actually call the game "sweater" for the acronym, nice :)

I haven't seen the housing in Rift, so I'm surprised to hear it comes so close in features

• MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977
    Originally posted by Impacthound
    I understand this is a strictly SWTOR board, but I just got my Warlords of Draenor beta invite on my battle.net launcher today, and we're STILL waiting on GSH and 3.0 expansion news. Disappointed that BioWare community team didn't deliver this week, unless they surprise us in the 11th hour.

Dont get your hopes up.

As for Rifts housing, theres plenty on youtube, its pretty impressive.