Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Battlefield Hardline PC Beta

ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

http://www.battlefield.com/hardline/beta

Im downloading it right now.

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    played a few matches  last weekend and just couldnt play it again. It plays like a mod of BF3 and 4. I dont think ill purchase this game unless its as cheap as it feels. You can tell its not a DICE product. Not sure why they picked Visceral to do a BF game.

• Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780
    How many people on multiplayer?

• blastermasterblastermaster Member UncommonPosts: 259
    Originally posted by rojo6934
    played a few matches  last weekend and just couldnt play it again. It plays like a mod of BF3 and 4. I dont think ill purchase this game unless its as cheap as it feels. You can tell its not a DICE product. Not sure why they picked Visceral to do a BF game.

Exactly my feeling!

I had fun last night, but to me, it feels too much like a Mod and does not warrant the full price they are charging for it.

Won't get it unless I stumble on a 50% off  (or more) deal..

Originally posted by Mad+Dog

Current servers are at 32 (16vs16)

i dont remember, someone will correct me but i think it was like 32. Maps are smaller due to the nature of the game modes (at least the 2 modes in beta) which are heist modes, you know like the game Payday: The heist. EDIT: match sizes are 32.

Originally posted by blastermaster

Exactly my feeling!

I had fun last night, but to me, it feels too much like a Mod and does not warrant the full price they are charging for it.

Won't get it unless I stumble on a 50% off  (or more) deal..

Current servers are at 32 (16vs16)

yeah i personally feel that Hardline should have been a DLC for BF4, including all the BF4 fixes too.

• blastermasterblastermaster Member UncommonPosts: 259

i dont remember, someone will correct me but i think it was like 24. Maps are smaller due to the nature of the game modes (at least the 2 modes in beta) which are heist modes, you know like the game Payday: The heist.

It's 32.

Yes.. except in Payday you actually do a heist with all there is to it (preparation, take out security cams,etc.)

In this mode (at least on that map..) it's like the Obliteration mode from BF4, except instead of a bomb, you need to move a bag of money to a safe point while the other side tries to prevent you from doing it..  The variation is that there are 2 bags to be moved at once..

• MilanderMilander Member UncommonPosts: 178

It's a beta, every BF beta has been a lot 'less' than the finished product in almost every sense. Graphics, network, gameplay, balance.

Originally posted by Milander

It's a beta, every BF beta has been a lot 'less' than the finished product in almost every sense. Graphics, network, gameplay, balance.

If you have played EA beta games before you know your answer is not a good answer in this case. Their betas have the same quality as their finished products. All im saying is the game feels and looks like a mod and not a full priced AAA game. EDIT: hell, i even remember when i played BF3 Alpha.... alpha! and it was exactly the same at launch with some minor bug fixes.

• AlumicardAlumicard Member UncommonPosts: 388

Just downloaded it and played a few rounds as sniper in the "pick up the cash" mode, dont know what it's called. First thing to know, dont go sniper! A rifle will headshot you from the same distance and shoots a tiny bit faster.

Granted my PC isnt the best, the game put stuff on med-high, but the loading screen took about as long as a round.

When my team was on the cop side the game was done in about 2-3min max. They picked up the cash or whatever, got in a car, ran up a building jumped down and done. As a sniper I couldnt hit the guy because there was stuff everywhere and even with a ping of 14 I couldnt get a shot in while he was running. And changing position wasnt possible because by the time I missed the shot and got up he was inside a building. I ran a bit away to get another shot and half way there he jumped off the thing using parachute, but when I saw him glide down he dropped and was behind another barrier which exploded quite nicely I must admit but the shot didnt hit. Reload-> he is in the next building running up. No chance to intercept because on the top of it there was the drop off point. Whole thing didnt take more than 30 seconds.

On the otherhand when we had to get to the exit, before we could reach the bags we were camped by a helicopter and people were parachuting from all over the place. Not really balanced when this repeats each round and the enemy has stats like 19-1,17-1,16-1,12-2.

Also there was some kind of rubbel where one of the enemys hid so the noob that I am I thought I could shoot through an opening but all I saw were "hit the wall" effects which kind of a gave away my position and that made him turn around and headshot me with an uzi.

Just not a game for me I guess

edit:  I tried different strategies like driving to the closest building as fast as I could, go up snipe from there but by the time I was on the top and took 1-2 out the game was over.

• BurntCabbageBurntCabbage Member UncommonPosts: 482
    another recycled shooter from EA? pass and no DICE