Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SV posts accelerated losses for Q1 vs 2013

Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=sv&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aktietorget.se%2FNewsItem.aspx%3FID_News%3D69822%26Language%3D2

Looks like they lost 579K vs 470K prior year.  That's a 23% increase in losses... Holy Cow Batman!  Yes sales were "slightly" up year over year but they are still losing close to $30,000 a month...

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=sv&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aktietorget.se%2FNewsItem.aspx%3FID_News%3D69879%26Language%3D2

Lots of promises in the post as well.  Interesting that they are asking for permission to go back to the well again and further dilute the stock by another 10,000,000 shares.  Guess all that money they recently got from the "private investors" is running out.

Also interesting that a new Nystrom is listed as joining the Board of Directors... 

Can't believe this is the first thread in the MO forum in 6 weeks...  WOW...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Comments

• BitshiftBitshift Member Posts: 31
    Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Can't believe this is the first thread in the MO forum in 6 weeks...  WOW...

Yeah, the "free" subscription model should have reached its peak subscriber-wise and people are leaving that wreck again. I don't know what the Steam Greenlight state is, but it is not available yet and regarding the non-existent quality assurance and bug fixing i don't think it will ever be available there (Which would be the only correct way, IMO).

The bigger time scales between posts in this forum is a good indicator, at least people came around the corner to check what the funny guys from SV have messed up again, but even that gets uninteresting.

At least, people were talking about the game. If no one talks about it, no one will play it and it hopefully dies in peace. That would be great, so i don't have to get angry again when thinking about how that company has totally failed at implementing a somewhat interesting setting. 

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

Sad news to me.

I miss playing this game often.  

One of my top 5 all time favorite games for sure.  Even though i'll probably never go back it is sad to hear soon I may not even have the option.  Here's hoping whatever basement that dude is running Mortal Online out of stays powered for at least a few more years!

• AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

Activity in the game has been pretty low recently. Everyone is waiting for the TC patch, new continent, and eventual Steam release. Population in game has taken a bit of a hit as a result.

As always, I'm hoping the game will succeed. I think everything depends on how well they pull off the Steam release.

• strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    Originally posted by Anubisan

Everyone is waiting for the TC patch

Will that be 2nd or 3rd TC patch?

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    Originally posted by strawhat0981
    Originally posted by Anubisan

Everyone is waiting for the TC patch

Will that be 2nd or 3rd TC patch?

It's at least the 3rd... maybe the fourth.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

It's the 3rd TC patch. This one is the biggest they've ever done in terms of features.

Whether or not they can do it without screwing up the rest of the game remains to be seen...

• HulluckHulluck Member UncommonPosts: 839

I want to know whose money is being lost over and over at this point.  I doubt that it's family money at this point as some suggest.

Originally posted by Hulluck

I want to know whose money is being lost over and over at this point.  I doubt that it's family money at this point as some suggest.

They've had several large cash infusions from private investors over the last year. I would imagine most of the losses are from that, but I'm only guessing...