Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Destiny: PC Version Hinted in New Interview

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Recently by the staff at Polygon interviewed Activision's CEO Erik Hirshberg about Destiny. While the interview is an interesting one all on its own (and given our own team's impressions at last week's E3), the most fascinating piece is that a PC version is not completly out of the picture.

Destiny would also work very well on the PC, although no PC version of the game has been announced yet.

"It is [a good fit], and it's something we're talking about and looking at very carefully, and obviously it makes a lot of sense with the genre and the type of game it is," Hirshberg stated.

"Again, no announcements, but it's something that's a heavy point of discussion. And you asked how are we dealing with the complexity of developing for so many platforms, how about one more on top of that?" he continued.

"You know, developing on PC is a different animal than developing for consoles and so we just want to make sure that we're putting one foot in front of the other and getting it right, and that it's of the highest possible quality. But obviously I see the same things about the natural fit."

Read the full interview at Polygon.

What about you? Are you hopeful for a PC version of Destiny? Why or why not? Let us know in the comments!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• FullMetalAlcFullMetalAlc Member UncommonPosts: 217

Next thing you know this guy will tell us the earth is flat but it makes sense that it would be round.

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093
    I'll check it out when it hits PC.
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

waiting for a PC version, you think they had learned seeing how well DUST  did....

<.<

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    A release on PC means a sale to me. Otherwise, will be skipping this one.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• RorhcRorhc Member UncommonPosts: 115
    A PC version would get my interest.

This could end up being very interesting.

• Lazarus71Lazarus71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,081
    Originally posted by orbitxo

waiting for a PC version, you think they had learned seeing how well DUST  did....

<.<

Let me get this right, are you saying that this will have the same lack of popularity that Dust a F2P cash shop game suffered from? Dust is not even in the same league as this AAA title is. Trust me I played the Destiny alpha all weekend and have no problem predicting this will be one of the best selling console games to come out on this generation of consoles.

If that's not what you were saying then forgive my misunderstanding of what you said :)

No signature, I don't have a pen

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Originally posted by Lazarus71

<.<

Let me get this right, are you saying that this will have the same lack of popularity that Dust a F2P cash shop game suffered from? Dust is not even in the same league as this AAA title is. Trust me I played the Destiny alpha all weekend and have no problem predicting this will be one of the best selling console games to come out on this generation of consoles.

If that's not what you were saying then forgive my misunderstanding of what you said :)

lol yeah, this guy is pretty clueless to compare the two. I played the alpha as well and Dust has nothing to even compare to Destiny.

Also, Destiny is coming out on 4 consoles instead of one. PS3/4, Xbox 360/XBone.

He's right though... when will these developers learn that shooters are so unpopular on consoles?! lol couldn't possibly be that Dust was just a bad game.

• AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,319
    I'm not getting a next gen console for multiple reasons and when my PS3 breaks down I'll just get a blu-ray player. I'd rather keep my PC.
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

<.<

no, you got it right.

that said, iam sure with the release of it being on multiple platforms will make it successful- but so far fair reviews  from beta players have surfaced , been that it seems like a borderlands2  style game w/o story plot or humor to it making it lifeless.

iam sure itll do awsome upon release. until the next hot console game comes out in that world.

I personally will give it a try, when and if a PC version is ever released.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713

<.<

no, you got it right.

that said, iam sure with the release of it being on multiple platforms will make it successful- but so far fair reviews  from beta players have surfaced , been that it seems like a borderlands2  style game w/o story plot or humor to it making it lifeless.

iam sure itll do awsome upon release. until the next hot console game comes out in that world.

I can tell you it doesn't feel lifeless at all when you play it. It's hard to really appreciate the game on videos though. I was up in the air until I actually got my hands on it.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    Originally posted by Alverant
    I'm not getting a next gen console for multiple reasons and when my PS3 breaks down I'll just get a blu-ray player. I'd rather keep my PC.

+1

Except I can just bluetooth blu-ray from my computer to my tv :)

That's the main problem I have with these consoles.  They got away from being a gaming machine and want to be a computer, but I can get a computer that does everything 10x faster, 10x easier, and 10x better at minimum.  Nintendo is the only gaming company that is focused on gaming, that's why I got a Wii-U.  If I want something that does everything a computer does, I'll just get a computer.

Edit: Back on topic.  The one thing I absolutely hate about Destiny isn't the fact that they don't want to do a PC release.  It's the business decision to not do a PC release.  As a company you want your product to be available to as many people as possible.  Having to spend $400+ for a game is just a horrible business model, when you could use something that almost everyone has.  This is one of the biggest factors to the success of WoW.  You could play it on just about any computer, thus maximizing the potential customer base.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

<.<

Your comparing this to dust? lol

Yea they should have learned that lesson with Halo too right

• Lazarus71Lazarus71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,081
    Originally posted by Dreamo84

<.<

no, you got it right.

I can tell you it doesn't feel lifeless at all when you play it. It's hard to really appreciate the game on videos though. I was up in the air until I actually got my hands on it.

I have to agree the game looks plays great. I am finally very excited for a PS4 game that is coming out seeing that up until this I have rarely played my PS4 as I have so many better options on my PC. September will be a great month for my console gaming. image

No signature, I don't have a pen

• KhebelnKhebeln Member UncommonPosts: 794
    I will wait for PC version to, hate shooters on consoles :/

(Retired)- Anarchy Online/Ultima Online/DAoC/Horizonsz/EQ2/SWG/AC1&2/L2/SoR/WoW/TMO/Requiem/Atlantica Online/Manibogi/Rift+(SL)/Lol/Hon/SWTOR/Wakfu/Champions Online/GW/Lotr/CO/TcoS/Tabula Rasa/Meridian 59/Vanguard/Shadowbane/Fury/SotW/Dreamlords/HGL/RoM/DDO/FFXI/Aoc/Eve/Warhammer Online/Gw2/TSW/Tera/Defiance/STO/AoW/DE/Firefall/Darkfall/Neverwinter/PS2/ESO/FF14/Archeage/Gw2

• alexhpy98721alexhpy98721 Member UncommonPosts: 264
    I like how it looks but i won`t get a console for this game... i`d rather use my PC.
  • PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589

<.<

Unlike Destiny.. Dust is a terrible game.

• QuesaQuesa Member UncommonPosts: 1,432

<.<

...dear God, man...

Star Citizen Referral Code: STAR-DPBM-Z2P4
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Yep.. like others it's the only that makes me want a new console. But I doubt I'll get one for one game. The Last of US 2 will perk my ears up as well I suppose. If it comes to PC, I'm buying it as soon the preorders go up.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589

Destiny is a gorgeous game .

Watch Destiny skybox in action

http://a.pomf.se/vzhavi.webm

Destiny weather system puts other MMOs to shame.

• reichtreicht Member Posts: 41
    Sooo.. what they are saying is the PC version will be a ported pile of disappointed refuse?
  • SinakuSinaku Member UncommonPosts: 552
    I will at least try this if it had a PC release, unless it is anything like other ports cough* dark souls* cough.
  • WasadiWasadi Member UncommonPosts: 35
    As long as the PC version is a quality port, I'll buy it.

If you ain't dyin', then you ain't tryin'.

• TyggsTyggs Member UncommonPosts: 456
    If they release a PC version, please let them have their own version. Keep the aimbots and hacks to one place, away from the console users.

SWTOR Referral Link

Free Goodies for new or returning players.

See what it gets you Here

• AkumawraithAkumawraith Member UncommonPosts: 370

Ive seen the vids and game play of Destiny and cannot se why they wouldnt make it for PC also...

Seriously, Consoles are nothing but midget PCs at this point, so whats the issue cross breeding them now? why are developers living in the past? Destiny looks great and if it does come to PC I solidly believe itll make bank.

Played: UO, LotR, WoW, SWG, DDO, AoC, EVE, Warhammer, TF2, EQ2, SWTOR, TSW, CSS, KF, L4D, AoW, WoT

Playing: The Secret World until Citadel of Sorcery goes into Alpha testing.

Tired of: Linear quest games, dailies, and dumbed down games

Anticipating:Citadel of Sorcery

• orionblackorionblack Member UncommonPosts: 493

<.<

no, you got it right.

How in the hell can you accurately review an ALPHA BUILD....???? That makes o sense what so ever....What I have played was very fun and entertaining but I am under no delusion that this is the final product....Because i'm guessing that the level cap is not 8 when the game goes live....