Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF game with good community

A1D3NA1D3N Member UncommonPosts: 276

hi guys,

getting bored in my old age of gaming lol, tried alot of games out there, and im struggling to find a game i like, i used to play Lineage2 back in the day when it was good.

what im realy looking for is a game with a community thats bonds together in guild and clan and stuff, some pvp in there would be nice, castle seiges maby, and i like grinding games instead of quests but im ok with a few quests,

im not fussed if its p2p or f2p, im just after a fun game and to make friends online playing them, i want to find a game that i cant log off on!

cheers x

Currently Playing:
...... :(

Comments

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

Based on the tile (good community) I'd say LotRO, hands down. Maybe the best community out there.

However you also mentioned game mechanics too :) 

Pvp, it's in game, with a tight-knit fanbase of it, but it's separated from the world. 'Castle' (more like Keeps and outposts) sieges were happened a lot back in the days, lately I don't know, I'm not a huge fan of PvMP.

Turbine is planning to put Helm's Deep's siege weapon mechanics into PvMP as I've heard. Until then you need to fight the Keeps to the top on foot like here: http://youtu.be/SOa4xCLV3GM (not a perfect pvp example video, it's more like pve... at 2:00 they shot a single reaver, probably a scout, and then the creeps are only arriving when the raid is already at the Tyrant)

"i like grinding games instead of quests but im ok with a few quests" that could be the main issue, LotRO is a quest-heavy game. There are other ways for level-up, but questing is the main route. Besides questing you can grind skirmishes for example, or you can craft a lot (meaning a LOT) since now crafting gives you xp too, you can also play Helm's Deep 24/7 if you have the expansion (it's accessible from lvl10, fairly good xp, but you'll be bored to death after a week if you only play that and nothing else).

The game is f2p so you can try for yourself, whether the community is good enough to counter the weight of the questing part :) Also you can get to lvl10 in 2-3 hours, PvMP is opening up at lvl10 on the creep side, you can check that too. For free you only get the reaver (melee AoE orc), but it's good enough to check the Ettenmoors.

• gogogo271gogogo271 Member UncommonPosts: 24

Hi,

The best community mmos I know so far are Lotro and EQ2 but it's all about quests.

For a (long) grinding and pvp game, you can look to Rising Force Online (a new server is opening tomorrow) but I don't know about the community.

Also, a good community and pvp game is EVE online. The grind is slighy different as you play for isk and not for exp.

Archlord II beta is starting tomorrow. It is a pvp and grinding mmo, maybe take a look.

• berenimberenim Member UncommonPosts: 162

Looking back to good ole games: Ryzom!

Sandbox, crafting, killing mobs, digging materials. Old and not too crowded, but still has stile imho. Dabbling every now and then again. IRC you can later PvP for outposts, if that still is true. Wonder why this little gem is not played more...

• CieICieI Member Posts: 9

try graal online zodiac server. you can find some neat videos on youtube by searching graal online zodiac.

it's a 2d game which used to be a ripoff of zelda, but online, there is a small community but never less than 20-30 unless people decide to play their sub game like league of legends lol.

the graphics look pretty cool in my opinion the gameplay is a bit unique. it's a openworld pvp game without that many quests

this is a spar arena video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3ZCKSQvpZs

low grind lv.60 is max and you can reach there in about 3-4 hours or a little faster depending on your experiance, there are alot of cool classes here, the ones on the video are mostly Warriors, Gladiators which are similiar but warrior is more bulky and has a big axe and could be vulnerable to kites, while gladiators use swords has a skill to charge into enemies to close distance, can use shockwaves (sword lasers that stun) repel magic once in a while rebuke (counters your enemies attack so if he attacks while this skill is activated, he takes damage instead)

the game plays a bit like world of warcraft but im not sure if wow has castle siege (raiding in this game is an action where a nation or guild captures a fort for buffs. once a guild/nation captures a fort it goes on 1 hour cool down and nobody can break the doors)

give it a try, i hope you will enjoy this as the game does have a several people that do not log off until they're really really tired.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

LOTRO

EVE Online

Try also looking at the MMOs with a smaller population. Games like APB: Reloaded and Fallen Earth have low population compared to things like LOTRO and EVE, but they have equally tight communities. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre