Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there an MMORPG's that allow you to customize initial appearance?

ZeroxSP7ZeroxSP7 Member UncommonPosts: 11
Is there a FREE mmorpg that allows you to customize your character's initial appearance? I mean his/her clothes and outfit and stuff like that. Not just the face and hairstyle. Maybe put some tattoos on as well? Also are there any games that have a tribal theme similar to The World from the dot hack series? I'm a huge dot hack fan.

Comments

• flclimaxflclimax Member UncommonPosts: 92
    Guild Wars 2
  • viletot0viletot0 Member UncommonPosts: 73
    Also the secret world has clothes customization, can't remember if they have tattoos but the clothes customization is pretty extensive
  • ZeroxSP7ZeroxSP7 Member UncommonPosts: 11
    nice. is The Secret World and Guild Wars 2 free to play?
    ah alright. i'll have to change the original post then
  • sunandshadowsunandshadow Member RarePosts: 1,985
    Perfect World, more or less - you get to customize your body/face/hair free, but if you want to change clothes you have to either find them in the game or buy them from the cash shop.  Also if you want to customize your pet or mount you have to get those in the game or cash shop, and some have level requirements.
    I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    The game you're looking for is Champions Online.  Lots of games let you customize your face, hairstyle, and things like that--but make it so that what you look like as you play is mostly dictated by the best armor that you've looted.  Champions Online lets you customize your appearance right from the start, and looting gear later doesn't override your initial choices.
    I'm not really fond of the super hero theme. Sorry :/ thanks for the suggestion though. I'll keep it in mind
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

For some reason are there very few F2P MMOs with an extensive wardrobe or clothes customization. 

There are a few games who use to be P2P that have a lot of clothes to select from once you are in them but as a noob you look pretty much the same as anyone else. 

Another problem is that many of the F2P games aren't exactly free if you plan to play for a while, many of them are far more expensive to play seriously then buying a B2P game. Heck, some are so bad that playing the endgame is more expensive then playing P2P.

i would still consider coughing up the small initial fee for TSW (Cthulhuish modern horror) or GW2 (fantasy) instead if you are into stuff like that.

Tattoos and loads of options do exist in some F2P games like AoC and AION though, they might be worth a look.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Age of Conan has decent character creation with tattoos and that type of thing. Clothing I can't really think of anything.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Fallen Earth, maybe... initial customization is standard but you can use Armor Crafting to make a range of T-Shirts, Jackets, Coats, Pants, Footwear, etc which may get you want you want.
  • DivonaDivona Member UncommonPosts: 189
    RIFT allows you to customize your character's initial appearance, and it's F2P.
    I just tried out Rift. I like the customization. You can add tattoos on the face which I really like, but you can't customize the initial outfit from the start. I like the game though. Thank you for the suggestion.
  • JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984
    No f2p has clothing choices that I know of.  Most p2p don't either.  Aion had the most detailed char cust I ever ran into in a f2p.

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    Is APB still around?
    I know Runescape does. Just wondering if there were any with better graphics than runescape and ones that have an actual class system. Again, I'm really fond of The World from the dot back series. Dungeons, guilds/clans, and tournaments are fun too. Not really a big quest guy. I mostly grind and socialize in guilds/clans.
  • NIIINIII Member UncommonPosts: 113
    Aion has pretty good initial character customization (no wardrobe customization when creating though), and has some areas that feel very tribal.