Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My entire team besides I and one other was a bot.. How the heck can it be this bad?

kanechartkanechart Member UncommonPosts: 707

I thought this was not possible at this scale. I recorded this video unfortunately the last moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26lB3QkCfH8

I went down to try to get the Booty Mask and prevent the dominion from picking it up. I died really fast but NP my team will help. At that moment I noticed not one member of the team was there. I checked the map and noticed half the team spread around the map... Okay they seem to just be going for their Booty Mask at the Dominion base.. But they were not.. They were all bots on rails.. When I say on rails pretty much they set Waypoints and follow them with the bot software... They sort of look really but pretty much run from spot to spot. They can also fight if programmed though most seem to just flea on the waypoint path. If their path breaks they end up running into walls etc.

SNIP

Comments

• kanechartkanechart Member UncommonPosts: 707
    Originally posted by DMKano

The video made my inner grammar nazi cringe a little

Sorry, My English is not the strongest. It's also 8am I have not been to bed yet and I'm just really mad and tend to go derpy when I get really mad.

SNIP

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Originally posted by DMKano

The video made my inner grammar nazi cringe a little

You should have put one of these (.) at the end of your sentence then.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

I've never seen anything like that. Not to that degree. Do you think it's possible for them to fix it? Banning is great, but it doesn't fix anything. You still have to deal with the BS until they are banned. 

How did they not know this was going to happen? Carbine has a lot of learning to do. There's only pve and pvp, I hope they get this half of their game straightened out.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    This seems to be the next step for the instant gratification mob. Bot anything that you can't get right away.
  • JOverlordJOverlord Member Posts: 132
    Originally posted by bcbully

I've never seen anything like that. Not to that degree. Do you think it's possible for them to fix it? Banning is great, but it doesn't fix anything. You still have to deal with the BS until they are banned. 

How did they not know this was going to happen? Carbine has a lot of learning to do. There's only pve and pvp, I hope they get this half of their game straightened out.

Thank god this wasnt as bad as ESO was though. At least you can avoid this. You couldnt avoid ESO bots.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by JOverlord

Thank god this wasnt as bad as ESO was though. At least you can avoid this. You couldnt avoid ESO bots.

Maybe, but what was the general reaction to ESO having a bot problem? If I recall correctly it was seen as a sign they were complete amateurs who had no idea how to run an MMO. They certainly weren't given slack because some other company had a bot problem. Hell if someone said something like this (other games have bots) they'd be taken out back and flogged.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

ESo devs announce to the whole server they are about to go slaughter them lol

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

There never were any bots in Cyrodiil destroying pvp, farming, or anything. There never were bots in Cyroidiil.  What you are saying is a lie.

This is about WS. Bashing ESO with lies won't make WS better or fix it's bot infested battle grounds. You can try though.image

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • JOverlordJOverlord Member Posts: 132

There never were any bots in Cyrodiil destroying pvp.  What you are saying is a lie.

This is about WS. Bashing ESO with lies won't make WS better or fix it's PvP bot problems. You can try though.

What lies? Its not something new you are hearing. ESO was a disaster when it came to bots. So far no one is complaining about bots in WS with any PVE content. They are complaining about the PVP which is 100% avoidable. 

For the most part not many people are complaining about bots in WS even in PVP. Very few people will ever see one. Something that couldnt be said about ESO.

• theAsnatheAsna Member UncommonPosts: 324

When the Bots pass a Turing test then let us know. MMORPGs could be really improved with better/believable NPCs.

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    I did a lot of PVP in ESO and never saw any bots in Cyrodiil, bots outright destroyed PVP in Wildstar and that makes it worse in my opinion because it completely ruins a significant portion of the game for people who enjoy PVPing. In ESO bots ran around in circles killing mobs which as a player could totally be avoided, if you PVP in Wildstar theres no avoiding bots and if you havent seen them youre either not paying attention or youre a Wildstar fanboy/girl who cant accept the facts. Ive stopped PVPing in Wildstar altogether because of bots and im sure im not the only one. You cant even vote to kick bots in PVP, how hard is that to fix, even Neverwinter allowed bots and AFKers to be kicked by a group vote and its a F2P.
  • shadylurkershadylurker Member Posts: 47
    Originally posted by Darth-Batman
    I did a lot of PVP in ESO and never saw any bots in Cyrodiil, bots outright destroyed PVP in Wildstar and that makes it worse in my opinion because it completely ruins a significant portion of the game for people who enjoy PVPing. In ESO bots ran around in circles killing mobs which as a player could totally be avoided, if you PVP in Wildstar theres no avoiding bots and if you havent seen them youre either not paying attention or youre a Wildstar fanboy/girl who cant accept the facts. Ive stopped PVPing in Wildstar altogether because of bots and im sure im not the only one. You cant even vote to kick bots in PVP, how hard is that to fix, even Neverwinter allowed bots and AFKers to be kicked by a group vote and its a F2P.

I haven't seen any bots...

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803

If you in to Wildstar Battlegrounds how do you go about avoiding bots?  Drop groups over and over again hoping to get one with at least a few more humans than the other team so you have a chance?  I'm not dismissing ESO's bot issues but what the OP describes is at least as big a deal in my mind.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Yeah, while this must be the worst case I seen many other MMOs had the same problem in the past, including Wow at times.

The problem is that one patch never is enough, the botters tend to adapt so it usually takes 2-3 months of hard work to get rid off it.

But it can be done and many other games have done it in the past and I am sure Carbine will fix this as well... eventually.

• PemminPemmin Member UncommonPosts: 623

wow....i havent seen anything that bad and i have ~200 bgs played. usually its just 1-2 on each side.  hopefully it gets fixed soon though.

• nennafirnennafir Member UncommonPosts: 313

I find it is worst in the middle of the day.  If you play in the middle of the day in a practice BG, from 50-75% of your team seems either AFK or botting on Exile side.  I have been in SOOOO many WT runs where I am the only one (or there are 2 or 3 of us) when the first mask drops, and so of course we get slaughtered if the other team has actual people because there will be about 8 against us.

If you play at night though, you seem to get many more actual people.  You might not win, but there will be people.  I kind of laugh at people at night who are stressing and saying the team sucks so much.  It is like, well, it may suck, but there are actual people in it!  That's a lot better than it could be...

Best of luck!

• alexhpy98721alexhpy98721 Member UncommonPosts: 264
    Was looking to get this for the PvP options that ESO does not have but if its like this i`ll just wait a few more months as i`m sure they will clear them or they will move on eventually.
  • RattenmannRattenmann Member UncommonPosts: 613
    Bots usually play smarter then 90% of the player base, so why do you mind them in your team? ;-)

MMOs finally replaced social interaction, forced grouping and standing in a line while talking to eachother.

Now we have forced soloing, forced questing and everyone is the hero, without ever having to talk to anyone else. The evolution of multiplayer is here! We won,... right?

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

I dont get this, what gamer would prefer using a bot instead of playing himself...

unless it are the goldfarmers leveling their toon.

can easilly be countered by making PvP XP based on peoples actions and actuall contribution to a game, and not based on being there...   Or just remove XP gains from PvP entirely... Because currently they seem to have the PvE botting under controll

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by Distopia

Maybe, but what was the general reaction to ESO having a bot problem? If I recall correctly it was seen as a sign they were complete amateurs who had no idea how to run an MMO. They certainly weren't given slack because some other company had a bot problem. Hell if someone said something like this (other games have bots) they'd be taken out back and flogged.

I'm not sure if I get your context the way you meant it, but why should Zenimax (or any other developer for that matter) ever be given any slack? If you want to bust into the scene with your shiny new triple A with the same price, then you best put out a product that competes with what's out there. New MMOs should be judged how they stack up against the competition because that's reality. If you release a game that isn't as good as WoW because you need time to polish time, then too bad. WoW's gonna keep their money. How many bloody noses do publishers need before they get this?

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Could it be that the goldfarmers have found the currently most effective method of leveling their bots ? Perhaps for sale later ?

Or is this just an example of the average MMO cheater in action ?

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko

Could it be that the goldfarmers have found the currently most effective method of leveling their bots ? Perhaps for sale later ?

Or is this just an example of the average MMO cheater in action ?

I would bet my mo ney on the first one

MMo´s are fun to play, so why bot?

Unless you make some real money from it?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• SammuelSKSammuelSK Member Posts: 24
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer
    Originally posted by Distopia

I'm not sure if I get your context the way you meant it, but why should Zenimax (or any other developer for that matter) ever be given any slack? If you want to bust into the scene with your shiny new triple A with the same price, then you best put out a product that competes with what's out there. New MMOs should be judged how they stack up against the competition because that's reality. If you release a game that isn't as good as WoW because you need time to polish time, then too bad. WoW's gonna keep their money. How many bloody noses do publishers need before they get this?

His point is the vast majority of gamers wanted to hate ESO before they even started to play it, every misstep was used an excuse to validate their predetermined opinions of the game.

Wildstar on the other hand is receiving the opposite treatment. Every mistake is excused away, errors in judgement are answered with calls of 'give them time', etc. Basically its a double standard.

Oh, and the bots in ESO were infinitely more avoidable then the are in WS. Having whole teams of AFKers and bots players absolutely breaks PVP, while quick one time dungeons camped by bots in ESO while annoying did not break the game and additionally was fixed extremely quickly.

• The hilarious part about bots in ESO, since I did headstart, I never saw a single bot in ESO till I made my alt after getting my DK vr12, and by then...It was only in the first zone. Not seen any in the second zone or the 3rd zone.

Never seen a Bot in PvP either, and if you think Wildstar is going to fix the problem..Remember..there are still a crap ton of bots in WoW PvP.

• lunatiquezlunatiquez Member UncommonPosts: 381
    So I heard P2P model is the perfect way to enjoy an mmo, with no bots, no gold seller, good community, etc. And of course the regular updates that you'll never see in F2P games such as Lineage II, Aion, Rift, etc. The customer service is also top notch they'll answer your inquiries right away.
This discussion has been closed.