Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How about someone do a "Kickstarter" to resurrect this?

burdock2burdock2 Member UncommonPosts: 420
As Title suggests, we need a company to step up and put this baby in a sarcophagus so we can revive it! 

Comments

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    Heh i had forgot about this game. I was in a Beta test for this years ago and though it was pretty fun. And I'm not a fan of the show either. I would throw 40-60 dollars at someone to revive this.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• MirastaMirasta Member UncommonPosts: 13
    I simply love the shows since many, many years. But i would only spent money if it would be a classic mmoRPG. Too much shooter elements would simply feel wrong in the setting. A more story driven RPG like TSW i would support at once.
  • DauntisDauntis Member UncommonPosts: 600
    Wouldn't be a bad investment either, especially with the news this week that they are working on a new trilogy of SG movies.

Help support an artist and gamer who has lost his tools to create and play: http://www.gofundme.com/u63nzcgk

• ZhirocZhiroc Member UncommonPosts: 220
    Originally posted by Dauntis
    Wouldn't be a bad investment either, especially with the news this week that they are working on a new trilogy of SG movies.

Actually, that makes it less likely, maybe next to impossible, to get a new license from MGM since the movies are going to be a reboot and not a continuation. Thus, I doubt they want to muddy the waters with a game based off of the TV's IP.

I recall someone doing a kickstarter to revive the series. I think he got about AU$20,000 before funding was suspended by KS because it wasn't "concrete" enough for their guidelines: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1230230734/stargate-universe-season-3-20-episodes

Edit: did a little more research on the KS...

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by Zhiroc
    Originally posted by Dauntis

Actually, that makes it less likely, maybe next to impossible, to get a new license from MGM since the movies are going to be a reboot and not a continuation. Thus, I doubt they want to muddy the waters with a game based off of the TV's IP.

I recall someone doing a kickstarter to revive the series. I think he got no more than a few thousand after a few weeks before KS pulled it as being inappropriate for some reason. I don't remember the details.

It was pulled because you can't collect money and then try and get your licence. If the KS passed he'd be taking their money with no real hope of ever actually being able to make the show.

The same thing goes for a SG game. They're not going to give the rights to some KS, if the game is going to get made again they'll use someone they hope has a legit chance of making a successful mmo that will advertise their movies or any new TV shows they make. So in other words...someone with enough money to buy the license from them.

• BeartosserBeartosser Member UncommonPosts: 94

Not another pyramid scheme....and I don't mean Ra's mothership either.

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977
    Originally posted by Beartosser

Not another pyramid scheme....and I don't mean Ra's mothership either.

HOW DARE YOU SIR!

For your information it's known as an MLM (Multi Level Marketing) scheme/scam and if I see you typing such obscene and scandalous libel again I'll be informing Gary Whiting and his lawyers ... as soon as his lawyers can find him ... and if they find him before the authorities do ... in Peru ... probably after his money from liquidising Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment has run out.

Signed,

Barry Blacking OBE, MBE, PHD, STD, UB40, Chief healer of Umba Wonga tribe.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• TylantiaTylantia Member UncommonPosts: 69

Been a while ;D

# SW:TOR : Tylantia, Sivis, Aeonis, Aehris, Xaehrin, Vhyce, Tehren, Suvis
    # Ryzom : Kasumi / Secor / Anuihlm
    # City of Heroes/Villains : @Tylantia
    # Age of Empires Online : Tylantia (Abydos server)
    # Stargate Worlds : Kadael
    # WoW : Tylantia, Siinaar, Sivis, Moofangles, Aehr, Cehr, Chaizen, Ocep, Tzias