Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

From spammer to game developer

mcoolmcool Member UncommonPosts: 122

I would like to announce my game but before I do that. I want to make a little speech.

I joined mmorpg.com when I was 13, ever since then I wanted to become a game developer. After years of training and learning, I was able to secure finding and begin my development. The thread is called spammer to game developer because of my passive aggressive threads in the past. 

I think it's a big achievement and whether you like the game or not, being able to develop your idea is something many of us will never do.

I would like to announce my game Deadhunting. It is a open zombie survival horror. I will not go into depth about it, please watch the trailer here 

and here is my steam greenlight page http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=270238904

Comments

• PiratePetePiratePete Member Posts: 105

Good luck with it.

Don't let the gaming communities drag you down, we love to bitch about anything and everything it would seem. 

• mcoolmcool Member UncommonPosts: 122

Thanks,  

At the time I didn't realise that but now I do

• OnisDEOnisDE Member UncommonPosts: 47
    About anyone's opinions on anything at 13.. we'll.. I won't go there. Best of luck with the game, looks like fun! And that pop goes the weasel remake you used in the trailer, nice!
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

If you make games anywhere near as well you made that trailer, then you've got a hit on your hands. 

Good luck!

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

I applaud you for your effort.

But.....

I like to know more about your "passive aggressive threads in the past" I'm only guessing here and think the way you portrait it as in "aggressive" suggest you wanted things to be different? Again I applaud you for making a game, but honostly I didn't see anything any of the other very similar indie zombie games already have done. Am I missing something? And please don't consider this to be negative, I honostly want to know. 

Thanks,

The game is in Alpha as of now, still a lot of work to be done,

It's annoying that any game with the word zombie seems to be clone of Day-z or left4dead.

Aside form the unique combination of realism and an arcade style gameplay , It' is the only open world horror game focuses on co-op.The game also features dynamic events etc. 

I understand what you mean but we have a lot of unique features. I do not want to over-promise and under-deliver

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

This makes me depressed...

I wasted a potential 3000+ hours in WoW where I could be doing something like you did and learn.

My vodka and 20mg diazepam pills are ready.

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
    Originally posted by Seelinnikoi

I wasted a potential 3000+ hours in WoW where I could be doing something like you did and learn.

Haha, there is still time....

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    Originally posted by mcool
    Originally posted by Seelinnikoi

Haha, there is still time....

You are right, and I am not joking, you nudged me in this direction.

I am gonna put my gaming pc up for sale, buy a 24inch iMac and take up on something more productive than just playing games.

*brohug*

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation