Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Taking a break, will return if the following things change

JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353

My personal take on Wildstar issues, so don't get offended (you probably will) but here we go. 

I have played many many MMOs as I am sure we all have here, so I hope my opinions will have some merit and hopefully some will be implemented by Carbine.

1. Quests, there was a post recently about cutscenes, I think that is a great Idea and this game needs more of them. People mentioned that they "take you out of the world", correct they do, but due to hardly any voice-acting or any sort of Skyrim-Esque npc interaction, I think this game could do well with cutscenes, much the way FFXIV does them.

Not enough "public events" either. Rift still holds the crown in terms of bringing the people in a zone together for a common cause, and I think other games could learn something from that. Truly what better way to make the world come alive and become "massively multiplayer"

2. Dungeons: Nerf them OR make them more rewarding. Personally I would like to see them nerfed, maybe 75-80% of the current difficulty. BUT give people more rewards for performing better such as finishing under a certain time, no deaths, no wipes, etc. Make the rewards better for groups who succeed, but don't make it impossible for casuals or first timers. Save that kind of difficulty for endgame (where all of the elitist/hardcore people will make it to eventually anyway). Right now they are just scaring people off, including myself. If they got rid of the Trinity system , that would be another idea. I wouldn't mind tackling a dungeon in the current difficulty for 1-2 hours if I thought we could easily replace people who leave group.

3. Combat: Not much they can change here, but I have come to realize I prefer free aiming such as used with TERA and ESO to the telegraph system. I actually think Tab Target could work in this game, though I am sure it won't happen.  In PvP I often feel like I want to tab target a player and get into a pure ability war with them rather then this jumping around, left/right aiming war.

4. PvP is fun, no real issues here. I wanted to try warplots but I doubt I will make it that far.

5. Leveling Options: It all comes back to Questing. You can PvP to level but this slows down later in the game, and also you do need to do your path missions which require quests. Dungeons are not a viable way to level currently which is a shame. I loved leveling Alts in WoW just by pure dungeon running, I wish WS was the same. Big turnoff here for me.

6. Graphics/Optimization: I like the Cartoon art style, although I didn't think I would. I think the game needs to run better, but not a gamebreaker by any means. Telegraphs are ugly though, and I find myself looking at the ground more often then I would like and the floor is filled with telegraphs much of the time.

7. Housing: its cool, I wish it wasn't semi-required though. Housing is never a selling point for me on any MMO.

8 Crafting, I don't do it, so I can't comment.

That is my review/commentary. I hope this game survives, but I personally won't play unless a few of these are changed. I think the game is a great start, but I worry about its lasting power.

Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile

Comments

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    I think it really says something about the players when the most common complaint you read about a game is its too hard. The years of easy everyone is the hero type of game play has had a very negative effect on the market and who its attracted.
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    Originally posted by DamonVile
    I think it really says something about the players when the most common complaint you read about a game is its too hard. The years of easy everyone is the hero type of game play has had a very negative effect on the market and who its attracted.

Well that was only a small part of my post, and I understand the idea of keeping a game challenging. IMO it just is too difficult, too fast, for little or no reward. With increased difficulty also comes less diversity in options for leveling as I pointed out. You can't level via dungeons as easy in this game, and many people want to skip the quest grind, which is a very typical questing system.

• SaluteSalute Member UncommonPosts: 795

This isnt a WoW expansion to get past lvl's through dungeon runs.

Anyway this is indeed a game with increased difficulty in every aspect of it, accept it or dont' play it. It was known from beta and you ll find it even more difficult when you are going to raid or do max lvl content. Just dont ask for nerfs pls. There are many "nerfed" games in the market already, let this one be a bit challenging.

Btw you can lvl up with PvP if you want.

All Time Favorites: EQ1, WoW, EvE, GW1
    Playing Now: WoW, ESO, GW2

• GlacianNexGlacianNex Member UncommonPosts: 652
    TBH I hope they will never nerf the dungeons. Better loot and maybe slightly higher EXP is warranted but I hope they will not touch the difficulty. I hate when people can just sleep through a dungeon! You should be able to level through dungeons but it should be intense, if I want to just level and relax there are quests.
  • FoobarxFoobarx Member Posts: 451

Maybe you just don't enjoy this game and are trying to turn it into one of the plethora of other games already out there?

So it's difficult... it gives you a reason to try in the first place.  Most other games are pointless because success is downright guaranteed.

So it doesn't reward you with a loot pinata at every turn... it makes what you do get, even more rewarding.  If everyone can get it and easily, what's the point in getting it in the first place?

If you don't like questing, why play MMOs... it's like the staple of the genre... kill x rats, fetch this, yadda yadda.

You want max level today because you think that the game will begin then.  The game started when you fired it up.  The fact that you despise most of it should tell you that you really don't like these sort of games.  You just tolerate them.

Relish in what the game is today... for tomorrow it will be nerfed into the ground and become one of the piles of dung heap that everyone vacates in droves... all because... it wasn't the game they wanted to play.  Your day will come, and the end of the game will come with it... rejoice!

• andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970

I also want to comment on difficulty. Can we please wait to ask for nerfs until we have actually mastered our class? GW2 beta videos >> Dungeons so HARD. 

Today >> Stack at a wall > Faceroll > Bring reflect > Boss dead.

In terms of rewards from dungeons, they should reward you the faster and better you play. If this game is truly catering to more than the casual crowd it should increase the rewards for playing well and efficient. Myself I have not done any dungeons yet, but I hope they wont nerf any of them. If they have to do something because it is hard. Increase the reward rather than making it a face roll with a few tricky parts. 

Originally posted by kikosforever

Anyway this is indeed a game with increased difficulty in every aspect of it, accept it or dont' play it. It was known from beta and you ll find it even more difficult when you are going to raid or do max lvl content. Just dont ask for nerfs pls. There are many "nerfed" games in the market already, let this one be a bit challenging.

Btw you can lvl up with PvP if you want.

I hear you, trust me, i am taking a break on this game.

I play these types of games for fun PvE and I challenge myself with PvP... and enjoy pugging. I don't really do Guild runs and the like, which Is what this game demands. I really wanted to like this game, but there is no place for me here it seems. I thought about just PvPing, but there are other games where I enjoy the PvP aspect a bit more. I wanted to like WS for the whole package, but they are not catering to me, so I shall leave. I hope it changes, you hope it stays, and we will see which one pans out.

Originally posted by Foobarx

Maybe you just don't enjoy this game and are trying to turn it into one of the plethora of other games already out there?

So it's difficult... it gives you a reason to try in the first place.  Most other games are pointless because success is downright guaranteed.

So it doesn't reward you with a loot pinata at every turn... it makes what you do get, even more rewarding.  If everyone can get it and easily, what's the point in getting it in the first place?

If you don't like questing, why play MMOs... it's like the staple of the genre... kill x rats, fetch this, yadda yadda.

You want max level today because you think that the game will begin then.  The game started when you fired it up.  The fact that you despise most of it should tell you that you really don't like these sort of games.  You just tolerate them.

Relish in what the game is today... for tomorrow it will be nerfed into the ground and become one of the piles of dung heap that everyone vacates in droves... all because... it wasn't the game they wanted to play.  Your day will come, and the end of the game will come with it... rejoice!

That's just it though, have you cleared the top tiered bosses in any MMO on the highest difficulty? I am not asking for a nerf to the game difficulty as a whole, just in the early levels. I enjoy questing if there are alternatives to break it up, there are none here.

Notice that MMORPG.com members are not the majority of people who play Wildstar. Your perfect difficulty is another person's very challenging difficulty. We have to share one game world, we can't adjust the difficulty options. WS plain out states that if it's too difficult, leave. It is a bold statement, it's not wrong, but it is risky.

• Greymantle4Greymantle4 Member UncommonPosts: 809
    Originally posted by JDis25

Notice that MMORPG.com members are not the majority of people who play Wildstar. Your perfect difficulty is another person's very challenging difficulty. We have to share one game world, we can't adjust the difficulty options. WS plain out states that if it's too difficult, leave. It is a bold statement, it's not wrong, but it is risky.

Why is it risky? It's not like every other MMO before it hasn't played the safe route to lose most of their player base after a few months. I would rather stand out among the rest than just be like the rest.

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

My personal take on Wildstar issues, so don't get offended (you probably will) but here we go. 

I have played many many MMOs as I am sure we all have here, so I hope my opinions will have some merit and hopefully some will be implemented by Carbine.

1. Quests, there was a post recently about cutscenes, I think that is a great Idea and this game needs more of them. People mentioned that they "take you out of the world", correct they do, but due to hardly any voice-acting or any sort of Skyrim-Esque npc interaction, I think this game could do well with cutscenes, much the way FFXIV does them.

Not enough "public events" either. Rift still holds the crown in terms of bringing the people in a zone together for a common cause, and I think other games could learn something from that. Truly what better way to make the world come alive and become "massively multiplayer"

2. Dungeons: Nerf them OR make them more rewarding. Personally I would like to see them nerfed, maybe 75-80% of the current difficulty. BUT give people more rewards for performing better such as finishing under a certain time, no deaths, no wipes, etc. Make the rewards better for groups who succeed, but don't make it impossible for casuals or first timers. Save that kind of difficulty for endgame (where all of the elitist/hardcore people will make it to eventually anyway). Right now they are just scaring people off, including myself. If they got rid of the Trinity system , that would be another idea. I wouldn't mind tackling a dungeon in the current difficulty for 1-2 hours if I thought we could easily replace people who leave group.

3. Combat: Not much they can change here, but I have come to realize I prefer free aiming such as used with TERA and ESO to the telegraph system. I actually think Tab Target could work in this game, though I am sure it won't happen.  In PvP I often feel like I want to tab target a player and get into a pure ability war with them rather then this jumping around, left/right aiming war.

4. PvP is fun, no real issues here. I wanted to try warplots but I doubt I will make it that far.

5. Leveling Options: It all comes back to Questing. You can PvP to level but this slows down later in the game, and also you do need to do your path missions which require quests. Dungeons are not a viable way to level currently which is a shame. I loved leveling Alts in WoW just by pure dungeon running, I wish WS was the same. Big turnoff here for me.

6. Graphics/Optimization: I like the Cartoon art style, although I didn't think I would. I think the game needs to run better, but not a gamebreaker by any means. Telegraphs are ugly though, and I find myself looking at the ground more often then I would like and the floor is filled with telegraphs much of the time.

7. Housing: its cool, I wish it wasn't semi-required though. Housing is never a selling point for me on any MMO.

That is my review/commentary. I hope this game survives, but I personally won't play unless a few of these are changed. I think the game is a great start, but I worry about its lasting power.

1) Very unlikely to happen.

2) Definitely not going to see them nerfed. Change in rewards? Possible. Speed running dungeons? Very unlikely. Carbine doesn't seem to favor the "How quick can we get it done" dungeon runners. Also should be pointed out that the game was not really designed for casuals in mind. First timers not so much either, but earning your bones or a game with higher difficulty is not such a bad thing. If you are willing to put in the work to learn.

3) Not sure what to say about this. Have you tried using Deadlock addon?

4) Do or Do not. There is no try. Seriously though, if you really want to try Warplots. Join a good guild and work towards that. Nothing trips a person up faster when moving towards a goal or something they want to try. Then the word "doubt".

5) Don't think dungeons were ever really meant to be a viable level option for Wildstar. I look at them more like tier training grounds to help people learn the ropes of movement and telegraphs for if they decide to raid. Oh and nice loot drops don't hurt either.

6) Optimization needed.

7) But it is for Wildstar. It's one of the biggest things they've been promoting about game. It's been talked about by them more then the classes.

8) Not a crafter either, but I enjoy to an extent, Wildstars laid back approach to it. Though some professions and gathering jobs are easier to level then others. They all seem to have a use for those that invest time in them.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

This part makes no sense.

TERA and ESO are very different combat styles, with Wildstar and TERA having NEARLY identical play styles with their combat.

ESO is literally a 'smart target' tab target game, like Age of Conan or Star Trek online before it.

So I'm very confused... or maybe you are?  You say you prefer free aiming, like TERA (and this game) then you say you wish this game had tab targeting?  Like ESO...

Yeah, very confusing.

Originally posted by Roin

1) Very unlikely to happen.

2) Definitely not going to see them nerfed. Change in rewards? Possible. Speed running dungeons? Very unlikely. Carbine doesn't seem to favor the "How quick can we get it done" dungeon runners. Also should be pointed out that the game was not really designed for casuals in mind. First timers not so much either, but earning your bones or a game with higher difficulty is not such a bad thing. If you are willing to put in the work to learn.

3) Not sure what to say about this. Have you tried using Deadlock addon?

4) Do or Do not. There is no try. Seriously though, if you really want to try Warplots. Join a good guild and work towards that. Nothing trips a person up faster when moving towards a goal or something they want to try. Then the word "doubt".

5) Don't think dungeons were ever really meant to be a viable level option for Wildstar. I look at them more like tier training grounds to help people learn the ropes of movement and telegraphs for if they decide to raid. Oh and nice loot drops don't hurt either.

6) Optimization needed.

7) But it is for Wildstar. It's one of the biggest things they've been promoting about game. It's been talked about by them more then the classes.

8) Not a crafter either, but I enjoy to an extent, Wildstars laid back approach to it. Though some professions and gathering jobs are easier to level then others. They all seem to have a use for those that invest time in them.

Yeah I guess its not the game for me. I like to put real effort into a game at max. But it feels required right off the bat unless you 100% quest only. I really like the PvP, so I may come back for it if nothing else catches my fancy. I don't doubt that I would succeed in Warplots or PvP, just grinding the levels is what I doubt  I can do.

• LunsheaLunshea Member UncommonPosts: 59
    Originally posted by kikosforever

Dungeon runs are actually not effective in WoW expansions, only to pass old content...

• Instigator-JonesInstigator-Jones Member UncommonPosts: 530
    Nerfing difficultly and adding cut scenes will be the reason I would STOP playing. No, just no.
  • SomaQSomaQ Member UncommonPosts: 15

1. I disagree. This is more of a personal preference though. I don't care to waste time on cutscenes or voice acting. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a cutscene here or there but not every time I talk to someone or as much as it is in FFXIV. I lost interest in Elder Scrolls after Daggerfall because of this as well. "Rift still holds the crown in terms of bringing the people in a zone together for a common cause" but you can also do this playing solo and it doesn't bring community together where Wildstar actually does. I find myself talking to people more in Wildstar and banding together because of unknown reasons which is awesome and what you should do in an MMORPG. Even you put "public events" in quotations because even though they are public, they are still solo.

2. NO! Just no. Get better or understand that you shouldn't be given a reward for simply doing something. The one thing that killed WoW and most other MMO's for me is the "no child left behind" mentality the community AND devs have come to adopt. I want to earn my gear, achievements, and place in Nexus with my blood, sweat, and tears. I don't want it given to me just because I put in the time or simply choose to play the game. I'm better than you and I want you to know it! This goes the other way too, I want better players than me to be able to hold me to that standard as well.

3. You can take off telegraphs in the options. BUT, doing this is the complete opposite of what you want in your previous complaint about nerfing dungeons. The telegraph system is there because otherwise, we would all be dying over and over until we learn each and every single monster.

4. YAY!

5. You mentioned TESO earlier which is geared towards ONLY questing to level up. Wildstar is an MMORPG so to level, you either quest or you grind. PERIOD. That's the way it was with Everquest (although it was more about grinding) and now because people don't want to put in time and effort, it's all about questing. Questing is fastest and most efficient, everything else you can still do but it's not as good. So what? it's there; you can do the less efficient way if you want but you just want it to be on par with questing. Well, it's not like that.

This also goes back to your #1 complaint about lore/voice acting/cutscenes. If you want all that, you get it through questing. Doing PvP to level or dungeon runs gives you none of that so now it just sounds like you can't make up your mind on what you want.

6. Take off the telegraphs if you don't like them. I personally think this game is beautifully done.

7. Housing is great!

8. Crafting is great!

So, to sum it up: You (and a lot of other people complaining about whatever MMO) want a game that has all voice acting/cutscenes, different ways to level your character each equally as efficient as the other, action style gameplay without any indication of where attacks are going to be or what is coming up next except by memorizing the monster's animation, no housing, no crafting, realistic graphics (which is always changing every few years), easy tasks that give big rewards just for participating, and public events you can play solo and never have to talk to fellow players.

If that's what you want, Wildstar is not the game for you and I hope they don't make it that game ever because I finally found my community. I hope the devs increase the difficulty of the game, nerf rewards, and continue doing what they are doing because I love it!

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by Laughing-man

TERA and ESO are very different combat styles, with Wildstar and TERA having NEARLY identical play styles with their combat.

ESO is literally a 'smart target' tab target game, like Age of Conan or Star Trek online before it.

So I'm very confused... or maybe you are?  You say you prefer free aiming, like TERA (and this game) then you say you wish this game had tab targeting?  Like ESO...

Yeah, very confusing.

Actually ESOs combat is more like TERA's. ESO and TERAs are both reticle based. Wildstars is more like WoW/Swtor where you can actually click on enemies without the need in aiming. You can even tab target enemies in Wildstar like ESO.

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Originally posted by immodium

Originally posted by JDis25 3. Combat: Not much they can change here, but I have come to realize I prefer free aiming such as used with TERA and ESO to the telegraph system. I actually think Tab Target could work in this game, though I am sure it won't happen.  In PvP I often feel like I want to tab target a player and get into a pure ability war with them rather then this jumping around, left/right aiming war.

Yeah, very confusing.

Actually ESOs combat is more like TERA's. ESO and TERAs are both reticle based. Wildstars is more like WoW/Swtor where you can actually click on enemies without the need in aiming. You can even tab target enemies in Wildstar like ESO.

Tab-target in WS? How? What have I missed?
  • BruhzaBruhza Member UncommonPosts: 391

Like many here have said already. If they nerf the difficulty, they are digging their own grave.

As for rewards in dungeons. I agree to a certain point. I think they need to increase the exp a bit, but only make it equal to questing if you do it VERY WELL. As for the loot drops....they are pretty good, but they could be a little better.

As for that trinity comment.....no...never again. Go to gw2 if you want that sort of thing. I hope no other MMO has to suffer that same fate.

This MMO wasn't meant for casual players, they made that pretty clear. However, there are casual players that enjoy difficult games. So lets keep the one thing that Wildstar REALLY has going for it. Difficulty. 

(If anything make it harder)

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by Lahuzer
    Originally posted by immodium

Yeah, very confusing.

Tab-target in WS? How? What have I missed?

Just hit tab when your near multiple mobs. I have no clue if it's hard locked though as I've been playing a Medic and most if not all my skills are AOE abilities so I dont really have to aim anything. Rather just look in the right direction (which isn't aiming btw).

• furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968

If enough people complain you can bet your ass they are going to nerf things.  They are in a business for profit and not designing a game for gamers that profit takes a back seat, even if Carbine doesn't want to NCSoft will make em as they don't care what becomes the game, only the profit they get.  Look at Neverwinter to how a studio bends knee to it's parent company.

If people are complaining about dungeons, wait till raids especially since they want to "change things up" to make the content "relevent."

People bash on WoW as being ez mode but when in fact WoW is the sensible one, make the raids in varying difficulty for different players.  To those that bash on it... show me you heroic gear.  And lets not compare to MoP's dungeons when they haven't touched it since the launch of MoP and that people complained about Cata being too hard.

Originally posted by SomaQ

1. I disagree. This is more of a personal preference though. I don't care to waste time on cutscenes or voice acting. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a cutscene here or there but not every time I talk to someone or as much as it is in FFXIV. I lost interest in Elder Scrolls after Daggerfall because of this as well. "Rift still holds the crown in terms of bringing the people in a zone together for a common cause" but you can also do this playing solo and it doesn't bring community together where Wildstar actually does. I find myself talking to people more in Wildstar and banding together because of unknown reasons which is awesome and what you should do in an MMORPG. Even you put "public events" in quotations because even though they are public, they are still solo.

2. NO! Just no. Get better or understand that you shouldn't be given a reward for simply doing something. The one thing that killed WoW and most other MMO's for me is the "no child left behind" mentality the community AND devs have come to adopt. I want to earn my gear, achievements, and place in Nexus with my blood, sweat, and tears. I don't want it given to me just because I put in the time or simply choose to play the game. I'm better than you and I want you to know it! This goes the other way too, I want better players than me to be able to hold me to that standard as well.

3. You can take off telegraphs in the options. BUT, doing this is the complete opposite of what you want in your previous complaint about nerfing dungeons. The telegraph system is there because otherwise, we would all be dying over and over until we learn each and every single monster.

4. YAY!

5. You mentioned TESO earlier which is geared towards ONLY questing to level up. Wildstar is an MMORPG so to level, you either quest or you grind. PERIOD. That's the way it was with Everquest (although it was more about grinding) and now because people don't want to put in time and effort, it's all about questing. Questing is fastest and most efficient, everything else you can still do but it's not as good. So what? it's there; you can do the less efficient way if you want but you just want it to be on par with questing. Well, it's not like that.

This also goes back to your #1 complaint about lore/voice acting/cutscenes. If you want all that, you get it through questing. Doing PvP to level or dungeon runs gives you none of that so now it just sounds like you can't make up your mind on what you want.

6. Take off the telegraphs if you don't like them. I personally think this game is beautifully done.

7. Housing is great!

8. Crafting is great!

So, to sum it up: You (and a lot of other people complaining about whatever MMO) want a game that has all voice acting/cutscenes, different ways to level your character each equally as efficient as the other, action style gameplay without any indication of where attacks are going to be or what is coming up next except by memorizing the monster's animation, no housing, no crafting, realistic graphics (which is always changing every few years), easy tasks that give big rewards just for participating, and public events you can play solo and never have to talk to fellow players.

If that's what you want, Wildstar is not the game for you and I hope they don't make it that game ever because I finally found my community. I hope the devs increase the difficulty of the game, nerf rewards, and continue doing what they are doing because I love it!

Thanks for your detailed response! Even though it was a bit biased and you *just a little* did not fully consider the points I was making. No offense, but if anyone thinks WS is without flaws, or couldn't possibly improve are fooling themselves. I do appreciate feedback.

1. Public Events don't have to be "solo" events. Make them hard, make grouping required. Scale to the number of players, make people communicate. Just because Rift did easymode World events, doens't mean that is how they have to be. I like to immerse myself in Lore as well, of which WS has none, or better doesn't really showcase it well.

2. I am not saying make the dungeons easymode express either...

3. Yeah telegraphs.. sigh

5.  I don't care if that is what everquest did or any other MMO, I prefer alternate modes of leveling. TESO actually did solo questing very well and dungeons were fun (albeit pointless), getting a group was challenging though.

But yeah, people like the game, so I guess I am the odd man out. playing Blade & Soul CN right now, Looking forward to maybe trying Archeage and Black Desert, so I will call it a $60 loss and move on. 

Originally posted by furbans

If enough people complain you can bet your ass they are going to nerf things.  They are in a business for profit and not designing a game for gamers that profit takes a back seat, even if Carbine doesn't want to NCSoft will make em as they don't care what becomes the game, only the profit they get.  Look at Neverwinter to how a studio bends knee to it's parent company.

If people are complaining about dungeons, wait till raids especially since they want to "change things up" to make the content "relevent."

People bash on WoW as being ez mode but when in fact WoW is the sensible one, make the raids in varying difficulty for different players.  To those that bash on it... show me you heroic gear.  And lets not compare to MoP's dungeons when they haven't touched it since the launch of MoP and that people complained about Cata being too hard.

Almost every decision Blizz makes with WoW seems sensible. They have something for everybody, even though it may not be your particular favorite game, they make it accessible to all players. I really enjoyed WoW from BC to WOTLK and MoP. I skipped Cata.

...the expansion will hurt this game unless it becomes more accessible. ESO nor WS is going to impact blizzard's profit to any considerable extent in 2014. I mean WS still looks like WoW, plays similar with similar activities and this is 10 years later!

Of course WoW lost subscribers, all games do as they age. But it wasn't because they nerfed dungeon difficulty for characters under max level. They still make a pretty penny every month.

• GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395
    Originally posted by DamonVile

Huh? What video game have you played where you were not the hero? Get a clue, buddy.

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001

A Hero who wins through skill, co-ordination and effort is more satisfying than a 'hero' who gets a Guaranteed x epics a week regardless of skill and effort.

Would a heroic football striker who scores the goals that wins the cup be a hero if the goals were 40 yards wide and everyone scores every game?

Still, aiming a game at 7-x years old's does create greater profits, and that's what us game players need right?

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D