Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Omg .. Destiny is awesome !

summitussummitus Member UncommonPosts: 1,414
Just got my Destiny Alpha invite for this , I can honestly say I haven't been blown away like this by a game for a long long time. Cant wait for release now , it also looks stunning on the Ps4 :)

Comments

• orionblackorionblack Member UncommonPosts: 493
    Oh hell yeah...be joining you when I get back from work!! Glad to hear it looks good!!
  • MirathelMirathel Member UncommonPosts: 137
    yea, i was playing it non stop last night when i got my alpha invite. Its such an amazing game and its only a preview of whats to come!!
  • FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865

It is only in Alpha, and set to release September 9th?

I'm excited for this as well..was really hoping for a PC version, but now I am stuck on which console to play it on.

I've got a PS3, and not sure if it is worth getting a PS4, or Xbox One!

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

• coorsguyscoorsguys Member Posts: 272
    It's just this weekend right? I'm bummed I can't get over to a buddies place to see it.  No biggie next round will be on all three systems.  It looks awesome though from what I've seen! 
  • orionblackorionblack Member UncommonPosts: 493
    Originally posted by FelixMajor

It is only in Alpha, and set to release September 9th?

I'm excited for this as well..was really hoping for a PC version, but now I am stuck on which console to play it on.

I've got a PS3, and not sure if it is worth getting a PS4, or Xbox One!

Though it will be on ps3, best bet is to get it on ps4...my buddy pre-ordered the white PS4 Destiny bundle!

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Originally posted by FelixMajor

PS4

Lol, you really need to question which console to get it on isn't it obvious?

• blastermasterblastermaster Member UncommonPosts: 259

Question to OP (and anyone who is in Alpha) :

Are you a Borderland fan? 

How would this compare to it?

--

I'm asking cause I never really got into Borderlands.. only reason I finished the 2nd is because of Coop, and I was bored during the last few nights we were playing (got bored of the 1st one after like 3-4 nights..).

I've been afraid that Destiny would be just like it, except with a central hub to buy/sell and show off to more than just your coop partners.. ?

Thanks!

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by summitus
    Just got my Destiny Alpha invite for this , I can honestly say I haven't been blown away like this by a game for a long long time. Cant wait for release now , it also looks stunning on the Ps4 :)

Whaaaaaaaaa? /jealous /cry

Well hopefully I'll be getting my beta invite on or before July 17th :) I'm always looking to have my mind blown. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• Demmi77Demmi77 Member UncommonPosts: 229

yes it is absolutely amazing. this game has been what i've been waiting for. it really is impressive. 

to answer your question. It really is nothing like borderlands or defiance. 

When you log in, you are started on your story. It's single player but kinda open world. I don't really understand the technology but at level 2 starting out, i started to see people all over the place in the zones i was in. Really cool, makes it feel mmoish but not like too much. By too much, i mean 100's of people fighting the same mobs etc.. It was done just right giving it a social feel but not a overly crowded feel.

You finish up your intro and are taken to the tower. Kinda like the social districts in APB. BIg safe hub for weapons, mail, faction quartermasters...etc.. It' also switches to 3rd person , which gives you a "how do i look" in my new gear view. Love this idea and it really goes a long way in my book (that little extra effort). The tower also gives you bounties daily/weekly mission terminal for pvp, pve etc..

While in the tower or anywhere you can choose to go to orbit. in orbit you can select a planet and choose from storyling, fireteam (raids/dungeons), exploration mode. 

I have been doing pvp and exploration mode pretty much. Exploration is kinda whatever you want to do. I dropped down and there are these beacons that give you various missions of kill x, scout y, analyze z etc.. it is constant combat, the enemies rain from ships nonstop. There are good places to leave combat and not get tracked but most of the area is heavily congested with mobs. They also have pretty solid ai. 

while in the world , whether story mode or exploration, public events happen. The only one i've had happen was this huge space ship comes and drops off this big tank that we had to kill. It wasn't easy and we didnt kill it. Was 5 a.m and only 3 people chose to join in the zone. Was fun nonetheless.

fireteam, devils lair is the only dungeon available. it's not a cake walk and probably the closest thing in this game to borderlands. devils lair is a dungeon but it's really challenging. I didn't do many fireteams.

As your character levels up you unlock, traits, talents, ablities etc.. so there is character progression. Items also progress and equipment can be broken down , and there is engrams (unindentified equipment). Too much to explain. I've dragged this out long enough.

Other than being an fps there isn't much else i can compare this game too. It's a sci-fi shooter with pve + pvp. Think defiance done right and on a much much much larger scale. The game is leaps and bounds ahead of anything i've played in the past 20 years. if you have any specific questions ask away.

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    O.......M.......G!!!!!!! Just got my Alpha invite!!! Hell to the yeah! Can't wait to get home now :) 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    If I preorder today can i still get an alpha invite?

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

You don't need a pre order for alpha. Just a ps4. Preorder is for July open beta.
  • udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803
    Originally posted by summitus

I like the idea of a run and gun game like this with huge multiplayer (I won't call it a MMO) but I didn't care for Defiance all that much.  I never liked the way guns handled which seems like the whole point of a game like this.  Now Bungie does FPS very well but I'm still wondering how this game compares with their other titles or stands against a game like Defiance which at least on the surface seems to have a lot of similarities.

It's a fps. Defiance is not. The combat is very halo feeling. By defiance I mean the premise surrounding the game not the physics.
  • OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    I didn't get an invite? I'm so mad.
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
    I just got an invite to the alpha, downloading now. I can not wait for it to be finished!!!!!!!

"if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

If it is anything like you people are saying, I see a preorder coming. Download done in 20minimage

• Literally I can't stop playing. Amazing... And this is just the alpha. This game is nothing like Borderlands or Defiance. I didn't play anything like this before. I'm so glad that I bought it already. Thanks a lot Bungie...

• alexhpy98721alexhpy98721 Member UncommonPosts: 264
    Made me curious... is there a PC beta?
  • Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Originally posted by alexhpy98721

Console only game, there isn't going to be a PC version :-(

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

No, there's no even any plans to release on PC yet.

• alexhpy98721alexhpy98721 Member UncommonPosts: 264

Ah lol well then they can keep it i can`t stand console controllers... 

Not trying to start a war but the PC is just better for games even if its slightly more expensive...

• hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604
    It needs to download faster.... losing time lol.  Also got the hardline beta.  My lucky day.
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

Ah lol well then they can keep it i can`t stand console controllers... 

Not trying to start a war but the PC is just better for games even if its slightly more expensive...

I've played many FPS games on PC multi-player and danced circles around people with my gamepad plenty of times, of course I died plenty of times as well but thats how it is for everyone no matter what controller.  Just because you suck with a gamepad doesnt mean everyone does, its just a preference.  And there are a lot of genres of games that just shouldnt be played with a keyboard and mouse either, fighting games and other such as games like Devil May Cry or Ninja Gaiden.  Even some of these action mmos that are coming out are just better played with a gamepad.  GW2 is so much better with a gamepad.  In Final Fantasy XIV, I had like 50+ commands on my hotbar with a gamepad.

• blix2006blix2006 Member UncommonPosts: 415
    i have played to level 8 (max alpha level and i enjoyed what i have played...i wanna know if anyone else who has played it gets a global agenda vibe from this like i did.