Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer 40.000: Eternal Crusade: The Countdown Begins & a New Community Manager

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Warhammer 40k: Eternal Crusade is ready to begin the preparations for game's site and Founder's Program launch starting as early as June 12, 2014. The latest newsletter chronicles how players can gain early access to the anticipated title and more. In addition to this enticing news, is the a new introduction from the Warhammer 40k: Eternal Crusade Community Manager Katie Fleming.

Help us chart our course through the perilous warp by joining the founders program. Build your own Package and change it as many times as you want. Join us in ALPHA and closed BETA to help us make the game YOU want.

Founders will have access to Early Game Modules, including a Shooting Range inside your Squad Strike Cruiser as you travel through warpspace towards the planet of Arkhona, in the Sectorum Obscurus.

Read the full Warhammer 40k: Eternal Crusade newsletter.

Here is a bit from the most recent newsletter about the new Warhammer 40k: Eternal Crusade Community Manager Katie Fleming:

My name is Katie Fleming and I am your new Community Manager for Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade. I’m thrilled to be part of the team here at Behaviour Interactive and am planning a ton of goodness for you guys!

To give you a little background on myself, I’ve been a gamer since I was a kid and started out on a Commodore 64. Games like Space Taxi, Super Mario Bros, and Pit Stop were just a few of the hundreds of discs I had. Fast-forward to my next computer and I was majorly addicted to Doom II, Quake, Duke Nukem, and Tomb Raider, just to name a few. Today you’ll find me playing Left 4 Dead 2 on an almost nightly basis, Killing Floor, Tomb Raider, Hitman, and Dead Island.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• xalisxalis Member UncommonPosts: 19
    The official site should be http://legacy.eternalcrusade.com/
  • mattic65mattic65 Member UncommonPosts: 191
    What?! They're looking to launch so soon?! I sincerely hope this isn't an indication as to the quality of the game...
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    iam looking forward to 'seeing' not reading about the founders program. iam still confused by what it all means tbh.
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    I hope the price for the founder's packs are reasonable.
  • MojoKingBeeMojoKingBee Member UncommonPosts: 25
    About 2 months ago if I remember correctly I've seen some gameplay footage right out of their studio. It really didn't even look close to being finished in just 2 more months. There was no World Design shown anywhere in the footage. Smells like we get a lobby based 2-team usual game mode (deathmatch, ctf, domination...) kinda game after all if they are cutting it that short.

edit: nevermind, it's just another alpha buy-in countdown...

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    My guess is that it will be a minimum-viable-product release. Those are getting more common and will most likley be the norm for online games in the future.

This have been a good conversation

• Dward127Dward127 Member Posts: 46

let the waaaaaaaaaagh begin

• catowarcatowar Member Posts: 8

Ok wow, how did they mess up what they just said? I swear first the guy at E3 thinks this is a normal MMO and even after 15 mins of talking about it asks "well will we have tank and spank raid boss's?" and now this?! Ok look the FOUNDERS program and there first real gameplay footage is what is we are getting on the 25th, we are not geting the real game tell LATE next year, and close beta wont start for another 6-7 months.  Please fix this MMO.com? this game suffers from enough misinformation as is  

Also no version of this game will be playable for the next 2-4 months fyi

• JRonnie1976JRonnie1976 Member UncommonPosts: 20
    Agree with catowar.  This article is very misleading (or at least the way people are interpreting it).  Please note that the article says 'the preparations for game launch starting as early as June 25, 2014'.  'preparations being the operative word here.  The game is not launching this year.  It appears that founders will get access to modules as they are developed for testing purposes.  Basically alpha and beta testing.  Game is not scheduled to launch until late next year.

• catowarcatowar Member Posts: 8
    please read what I was saying, MMORPG.com got it wrong
  • June 25 is not a launch date for the game. It is the date when they will start selling founder packs. Just read the newsletter. Mmorpg.com got it wrong...

• miguelcaronmiguelcaron Studio Head - BehaviourMember UncommonPosts: 70

Crusaders, we DID NOT change our release date. Founders will have acces to early Game Module. Basicly in Jan 2015 you will be in your StrikeCruser flying through WARP in your Cruser Training cage and shooting range... a few months later, a door will unlock and you will have your personal space then later the Strategiarium will be available then finaly after 18 months you will Orbit Arkhona ready to start your Eternal Crusade.

For Pricing: 40$ for 40K :-) with tons of bonus

Regards

Description: Description: cid:658182016@15032013-3540

Behaviour

Miguel Caron

Studio Head, Online Games and

Executive Producer for:

Warhammer 40 000 Eternal Crusade

Chris Roberts, Star Citizen

Twitter: @miguelcaron

bhvr.com

Studio Head of Behaviour Entertainment on WAR40K: Eternal Crusade

• Dward127Dward127 Member Posts: 46
    so is this pvp only or does it have pve to?
  • Originally posted by Dward127

its main focus is on PvP, with small PvE stuff if I remember.

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944
    Originally posted by mattic65
    What?! They're looking to launch so soon?! I sincerely hope this isn't an indication as to the quality of the game...

i have the same worries, i believe it might be a really beta with missing textures ... dunno

also interesting that its her 1st time in gaming industry for this community manager, also its here first contact with warhammer 40k ...

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by loulaki
    Originally posted by mattic65

i have the same worries, i believe it might be a really beta with missing textures ... dunno

also interesting that its her 1st time in gaming industry for this community manager, also its here first contact with warhammer 40k ...

Read the post from the producer above.. they are not ready to launch, this date is for when the founder pack will be available.

• grigdushergrigdusher Member UncommonPosts: 139
    Originally posted by Dward127

85% pvp 15%pve

war 40K Eternal Crusade: refferal 4$ bonus: EC-9Y7IAZJ8UZN6I http://www.eternalcrusade.com/account/sign-up/?ref_code=EC-9Y7IAZJ8UZN6I

• VarthanderVarthander Member UncommonPosts: 466

Dont panic, they are releasing the travel to arkhona where you can only move and test a few things, there they (and the founders) can test new updrades and improvements as they come untill the release date is here.

In my opinion a great idea.

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    They need to take a page from Trion and ArcheAge.  How about 300 gets you in the door and work up from there?   You will see gamers frothing at the mouth and clawing each other to buy in to that. 
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    Originally posted by Varthander

Dont panic, they are releasing the travel to arkhona where you can only move and test a few things, there they (and the founders) can test new updrades and improvements as they come untill the release date is here.

In my opinion a great idea.

This makes sense now- sorta like a 'flight' to Arkhona founders ticket- land ingame in 2015!...kinda a very cool concept!

=)

Im in!!!

• HiveSpiritHiveSpirit Member UncommonPosts: 12

Thanks to the transparent production policy EC/ bEhaviour has, we as fans/ players have the possibility to create a great W40K game. Please visit the forums and give us your input, im sure you have alot of ideas and suggestions to come with and we would treasure every one of them! =)

http://forum.eternalcrusade.com

W40K Eternal Crusade