Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A question before I "Pay to win"

N64314N64314 Member Posts: 37

I played EvE back in 2004-2010 off and on. But due to real life I quit my favorite game, gave my main character to a friend of mine, and never looked back. Until now.. I have a lot more spare time and that itch is back to play this game. So I contacted my friend in the hopes of getting my old toon back only to find out that he sold it shortly after i gave it to him. As sad as I was I can't really fault the guy as I did say do whatever you want with my toon I'm not coming back. I guess I was wrong which leads me to this question. I don't really want to start from scratch skilling up  toon and my friend says he will give me a pretty hefty amount of isk(on top of what I am going to throw at it with plex) to buy a toon. My question is how does the EvE online community feel about bought toons? I remember back when I played a lot of the corps I was in had a policy of not recruiting toons that were bought. Does that same notion persist in today's EvE? I just don't want to spend my friends isk and throw money at the game If I can't join a decent corp.

Cheers!

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 41,255
    EVE players never, ever say "toon." Capsuleer, pilot, maybe avatar sometime, but not toon.

Bought characters are a mixed bag, have to be careful they don't have a bad rep, 5 years flying for Goons or a history of scamming will make it very hard to get in a decent Corp, unless your friend can somehow vouch for you.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• VassagoMaelVassagoMael Member Posts: 555
    Just pay a bit of attention to the characters corp history. Short and neat is a bonus.

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

• uplink4242uplink4242 Member UncommonPosts: 258
    Just be careful with their past history (scams, notorious alliances) and you should be fine. Make sure you buy the character from the official forums bazaar, so you can't be scammed (CCP will lay down the ban hammer on any scams regarding transactions there).