Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wind of Luck: 'Full Scale' Open Beta Begins

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Wind of Luck: Arena team has sent word that the game is now fully developed and has entered its open beta phase of development. "Wind of Luck is a session-based team multiplayer online game dedicated to naval battles of the age of sail warships."

Find out how to get involved on the Wind of Luck site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Might check this out..
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

WoL (Wind of Luck)

WoT (World of Tanks)

Odd coincidence ?

I guess they didn't have the courage to go with "World of Wind"...

The game play video looks utterly dreadful. Yes, I know, it's still in beta. They will be adding much more to the game. Well, mostly to the Cash Shop, I imagine.

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228
    WOW that video made me not want to play this. the cannon balls look horrible, as well WTFH is that death animation for ships..  OH ship gets broadsided.. rolls over... oh it speeds past, gets hit in the front.. tips backwards...  me thinks they should actually research how a tall ship actually acts when its hit and sunk rather then doing a HL1 death animation to it. cause thats just crap
  • xeniarxeniar Member UncommonPosts: 805

oh wow. pirates of the burning sea makes this look well....

They have yet to invent words for it :P

• drakolasdrakolas Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko

WoL (Wind of Luck)

WoT (World of Tanks)

Odd coincidence ?

Omg the acronym is almost the same, must be a rip off. Let's just ignore the fact that everything in the actual title except "of" is different. 

• TybostTybost Member UncommonPosts: 629

This is as close to as Assassins Creed online ship warfare ill receive in 2014.

....and ill take it! ;)!

Also tired of the forced acronyms that games receive these days, how about we just call it what it is in full.

Wind of Luck

• JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140

WoL (Wind of Luck)

WoT (World of Tanks)

Odd coincidence ?

The game play video looks utterly dreadful. Yes, I know, it's still in beta. They will be adding much more to the game. Well, mostly to the Cash Shop, I imagine.

LOL_ World of Wind?

I am still laughing. Good one. =P

• sludgebeardsludgebeard Member RarePosts: 788

Ive been eagerly awaiting a grand Pirate MMO to finally immerse myself in one of the greatest time periods in human history...

And It looks like im going to be waiting a while longer...

This game just doesnt have it, im not trying to implore others to avoid it, or even say its over-all a poor game, but as someone that is a huge fan of pirates, nautical themed content, and boat battles in general that trailer did not persuade me.

What I would change if I was the developers:

- Death animations, they are atrocious and have a severe lack of impact. Ship should show decay, be torn up, and sink slowly; not flop over like a toy model being kicked by a three year old.

- Cannon fire, this needs to be done in one of either two ways, either A. Make the cannon fire more flashy, ass more particle effects. Or B. Make them more varied, not a single burst or column of fire but rather a barrage of randomly flying missles, in other words less arcady and more realism to their fire ratio.

- The Ships Mechanics, this for me is the biggest point of contention. The ships need to bob up and down, waves (physics) need to effect their movement, wind needs to be taken into effect. The ships in the video simply glide through the ocean as if being put on a rail, its not appealing or grand enough to turn people onto the game, and for nautical fans it will be the biggest detractor. 

This post was completely made to represent my feelings towards what I saw, if the devs happen to check this out I would love to see how they would address these issues, or what they think of my suggestions.

I feel this genre (pirate MMO's) could really flourish if the right effort was put into it, in the right ways. 

Would I still play Wind of Luck? If I saw some drastic mechanical changes, most assuredly. 

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Jacxolope

WoL (Wind of Luck)

WoT (World of Tanks)

Odd coincidence ?

LOL_ World of Wind?

I am still laughing. Good one. =P

Really.,.Really? Game looked bad but that wasn't even close to original or funny.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by sludgebeard

Ive been eagerly awaiting a grand Pirate MMO to finally immerse myself in one of the greatest time periods in human history...

And It looks like im going to be waiting a while longer...

Check this out then as it looks like it might be a lot better.

http://www.navalaction.com/

As for Wind Of Luck I installed it last night but did not get a chance to play it just started up.. The menu system is quite nice and the shipyard with the 3d display of the boats looks nice a lot bette than in the video..

Still I will give it a go tonight.