Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Chronicles of Spellborn: Trailer and Screenshots

The Chronicles of Spellborn have released a new in-game trailer from their ucpoming MMORPG. To go along with it, they also released two brand new screenshots. You can view the whole lot of it here.

image image

Thanks to the folks at Spellborn for making this happen. Click here to see the trailer.

Dana Massey
Formerly of MMORPG.com
Currently Lead Designer for Bit Trap Studios

Comments

• patrikd23patrikd23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,155

I didnt like it , too much slow text and not enough "real" in game coverageimage

• MUHzzxK0MUHzzxK0 Member Posts: 389

Originally posted by patrikd23

I didnt like it , too much slow text and not enough "real" in game coverageimage

I agree.. Showing a city dosn't cover much...

• ScampyScampy Member Posts: 29

Don't know about that, not a lot of gameplay shown (it's in there somewhere tho), but nice atmosphere allround. If it's meant as a gameplay trailer, it's not what it should be, if it's meant as a taster, mission accomplished.

• daelnordaelnor Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

not very impressive IMO.

I will reserve judgement until later on in development.

At least it gave me something to kill 2 minutes of my day.

• CorwynnCorwynn Member UncommonPosts: 24

It's a mood piece, nothing more. We didn't intend for it to show you gameplay, we intended for you to get a glimpse into the world.

-Mathew "Corwynn Maelstrom" Reuther, Community Manager TCoS

• LerdeifLerdeif Member Posts: 1
    I Didn't like it either. Not because it only shows towns and not enough real gameplay, but because i dont wanna use 1/3 of the trailer watching the game icon commint apart and being reassembled. I watch a trailer to see the ingame, not game icons and cheesy remarks like the written stuff in the end.
  • pirrgpirrg Member Posts: 1,443

Originally posted by Corwynn
    It's a mood piece, nothing more. We didn't intend for it to show you gameplay, we intended for you to get a glimpse into the world.-Mathew "Corwynn Maelstrom" Reuther, Community Manager TCoS

Weve already had a million glimpses of the world, its getting old. Ive been following this game for ages and a trailer like that is nothing but a slap in the face.

• DrimliDrimli Member Posts: 21

To the 2 posters above me - you do know that this is a necro post from back in Sep, right?

If you have been following the game for so long and all that you would know they have a new movie coming in Feb (according to the main page of their site).

Slap in the faceimage got to love drama I guess.

Sorry, not trying to flame you but when I see people overreact and make completely outlandish statements I have to call them on it (do it in RL also) so it is not personal or anything.

• DrimliDrimli Member Posts: 21

edit - double post

• darquenbladedarquenblade Member Posts: 1,015

Originally posted by Drimli

To the 2 posters above me - you do know that this is a necro post from back in Sep, right?

If you have been following the game for so long and all that you would know they have a new movie coming in Feb (according to the main page of their site).

Slap in the faceimage got to love drama I guess.
    Sorry, not trying to flame you but when I see people overreact and make completely outlandish statements I have to call them on it (do it in RL also) so it is not personal or anything.

No doubt--this video is old indeed. They've actually released a couple of gameplay videos since then I believe (at least one that I know of, showing gameplay and character creation)
  • pirrgpirrg Member Posts: 1,443

I saw the trailer ages ago on pc.ign.com, i had no idea that chronicles devs posted here though so i figured id vent my frustrations in hopes that he might read it.