Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMO players describe your "typical day"

KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685

And share what "different" things you would do compared to the above poster "typical day"

For me...

I mainly spend the day trying to find out some entertainment. I read the news, check email, check facebook, see if any good movies are out and enjoy some tv series at night. So, there is a big gap in my day since I don't spend my time with a job unlike most. I'm free through all of the day and also no responsibilities with g/f's or familiy/kids. I've already seen most of the decent + tv series/movies (for me) through the last couple decades.

I am not interested in recent gaming in general. So, I'm just waiting and reading/participating on forums like this often until I find a game I'll be interested playing, long term. Lately, I barely play Ultima Online and before that Civilization 5 Brave New World to kill the free time. I like Civilization 5 because it's always random and different scenarios can happen and different ways I can play the game.

Anyways, summer is coming, but I'm not an outgoing person. It's also costly and I am not really into travel/tourism. I rather enjoy life with cheap entertainment for the time being.

I am also not a fan of "in real life friends" because doing activities outside can be again costly and it's challenging/luck to find one great friend who you fit well with, interests and such. Anyways, I prefer less people around my life and more freedom to have all day to do whatever interests me on that particular day.

So, yea that's my typical day for the time being. Oh and thanks god for my interest in NBA and soon that will end, but before that the finals are here! :)

Comments

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    work mostly .. my job is fun :)
  • CalexCalex Member UncommonPosts: 99

Wake up and take a poop and check my email, games I'm following forums, fishing reports and this site while evacuating. Go to work until lunch, check all of the same sites I did in the morning after I eat some food. Work again until its time to leave come home and shower, eat some food and check the sites again. Log in to Darkfall UW and try and make some prowess before the next big patch that will take out classes until I can barley keep my eyes open than go to bed.

Thats what I did yesterday and today is shaping up to be pretty much the same :P

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Wake up at 5:00 am, arrive at work at 6:30 am. Post on forums when not working, get home around 6:30 pm, make dinner, cleanup dishes, talk to wife in between all of that, log into MMO about 8:30 p.m., pass out on recliner, wake up at 10:30 pm,go to bed, rinse and repeat Mon thru Fri.

Life in corporate America.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• prowessprowess Member UncommonPosts: 169
    waifu wakes me up at noonish..  take care of baby..  clean up poop, make funny faces, etc etc...  go to work at 4pm for my evening shift.  Get off work at midnight, sneak in the house hoping everyone's asleep so I can spend an hour or two playing a game (currently, shadowbane)
  • tomacontomacon Member UncommonPosts: 18

Hi!

My day hmmm... Well on top of the fact i have two kids and wife. I work two jobs. One where im a claims agent for Medicare,and the other im a closer at McDonalds.I know what your thinking... Superman, and Clark Kent if he was a dish washer at Denny's.My day starts at 8:30 am in the morning and ends at 1:00 am. I usually come home, game for a few and then crash. Running on about 5 hrs of sleep. Which i think is well then more enough, and do it all over again. I log on a computer at one job , and clock in with a computer at the other. I answer dumb questions, and clean greasy things, but it affords me what i need.. My weekends i try my best to balance between  gaming, and the family. Some days it's quite the juggling act. Thank god for a wife that let's me do it.  Right now things are over priced, and my life demands it. Always working towards something better though. So this is a day in the life of me. Hope you find it just as interesting as i do.

• RhinotonesRhinotones Member UncommonPosts: 250

Mon - Fri

4.15am - Get out of bed

4.30am - Swim or run for 30 - 45 min

5.20am - Shower/get ready/leave for work

6.00am - Start work, eat cerial, have coffee, check e-mails and MMORPG forums

6.30am - OK Really start work

9.00am - Second breakfast - either muslie/fruit & yogurt or bacon/egg in toasted bread and a coffee

12.00pm - Lunch/Dinner

4 - 4.30pm - Finish work

5.00pm - Swim, run, gym or windtrainer for 1-2 hours

7.00pm - Spend an hour with the missus

8 - 8.30pm - Sleep

Sat 

5.00am - Bike ride

10.00am - Spend day with missus

10.00pm - Sleep

Sun

7.00am - Run or swim

10.00am - Housework and relax/see family friends

5.00pm - Windtrainer or run

6.00pm - Relex til 8.30 then Sleep.

Unfortunately no time for gaming until my Ironman event has passed.

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984
    I'm retired with health issues.  I carpool people in a college city around.  I use games to keep my mind sharp.  I'm either gaming or driving.  

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984
    Originally posted by DMKano

Each day is a tiny increment from left to right on picture below

-snip- 

You've only got six stages.  You're missing a bunch at the end.

• spartan9spartan9 Member Posts: 9
    Well my day is always the same since I'm in graveyard shift.. after my shift. go home and sleep. then wake up, go to work...