Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Combat will SUCK, just like GW2

woodyflywoodyfly Member UncommonPosts: 62

Yep, just like gw2, the combat will be limited, boring and bland. Being released for ps4 means it's probably going to be even more dumbed down. Expect 8 skills that everyone else is using and some 'traits' system that allows you to SLIGHTLY customize your abilities and call that their "deep skill system"

I'd like to see a game with modern combat mechanics but instead of having 8 goddamn skills that everyone is using, why can't I have a vast amount of skills to choose from? I'm thinking the budget is simply not there.

Comments

• FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865

SILENCE, 

DOOMSAYER!

---------------------------

I wonder what the actually measurement (in bytes) is for the amount of memory used to store all the SHIT comments like this on the internet?

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

• LudwikLudwik Member UncommonPosts: 407
    There's about 100 things I could complain about from GW2 but the combat isn't one of them. If it's as good as GW2's combat, I would be satisfied.
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by woodyfly

I'd like to see a game with modern combat mechanics but instead of having 8 goddamn skills that everyone is using, why can't I have a vast amount of skills to choose from?

What is supposed to be "modern combat mechanics"?

• KnyttaKnytta Member UncommonPosts: 414
    Yes and in EQ2 where you have something as 40 skills available ag max level and you can have all ot them on your UI, many are left out of rotations as they are not good enough or very encounter specific. A game where you are forced to choose what to use in a specific encounter is no less complex (if the skills are in game) than a everything on the UI game. So far it sounds as it will be lots of skills trainable in in EQN you will be just not be able to slot them all.

Chi puo dir com'egli arde é in picciol fuoco.

He who can describe the flame does not burn.

Petrarch

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

While a thread discussing the combat is fine, the way this is presented sort of baits GW2 players and also makes the topic come off as inflammatory.

If you want to discuss the combat (even compare it to GW2) that's okay, just present your argument better.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.