Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG Relationships

Hi Everyone, My name is Toni, and I work for a British TV company called Back2back, based in Brighton UK.

We are currently making a documentary for Sky Living about relationships that start in online games, with a working title of “Happily Ever Avatar”. The programme is a completely positive documentation of these relationships, where we look at relationships that have blossomed through online gaming/RP/Chat, with players falling in love through their avatars and going on to have meaningful, committed relationships in the real world.

It’s going to be a heart-warming series celebrating dating and relationships in the 21st Century. The theme is very much about 'love conquering all', and showing the incredible lengths couples that meet playing online games go to in order to become a real life couple. I am currently casting for UK based people who have found love in this way, who might like to be involved in the programme. 

This programme is definitely not Catfish! I wish that words alone could stress that enough. this documentary will look at unconventional relationships in a counter-intuitive way, overturning many of our prejudices and misconceptions with honest storytelling. It will challenge us to realise that committed, successful relationships can embrace the unusual.

Please get in touch with me if you'd be interested in taking part, or want to help with research. 

Comments

This discussion has been closed.