Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My rant on Wurm Online

13»

Comments

• wuhsin88wuhsin88 Member Posts: 70
    Originally posted by fuzzylogic11
    Originally posted by wuhsin88
    Originally posted by SEANMCAD

Originally posted by SEANMCAD I just did the calculations. Premium account plus a small deed with a guard = $14.98 a month Premium account plus a large deed with a gaurs = $20.489325 month
    You'll also need to buy a weapon, a set of armor, and some tools.,,,,,

I stopped there. You do NOT need to buy weapons or tools. That is for people who are impatient. The game is about making stuff anyway.

So 1. you don't need ANY deed most people don't have a deed 2. you don't need a large deed 3. you don't need to buy every weapon and tool at the market because you have no interest in actually playing the game which is designed TO MAKE STUFF

some players just want to come in and 'win' the game or get into 'god' mode as soon as they can and then complain if it costs them to much to do so.

silly

I think I figured out the disconnect and it might be generational I am not sure.

I think its a question of how we see a game is designed to be played. To buying things on a market is a bit like 'cheat mode' so it takes away from how the game should be played. With that said I might be wrong because I come from a generation before micro-transactions.

Either way I think its a stretch to say buying things in the market is a requirement in the game.

Have you played this game? 

The best weaponsmith on the server still buys armor. The best platesmith still buys weapons. Nearly everyone buys tools because no one skill makes them all. People are all the time buying enchantments. 

The game is not balanced for any one person to do everything well.

Sure, you can do everything yourself and be crappy at everything if you want... But to really be good at a skill in this game you have to focus almost exclusively on it. Also, I was a Fo priest, so because of the priest restrictions I could not do most things like improving items without paying for premium on another alt. 

Well there is your problem. You have to be insane to run a priest as your main. And you should have been able to make enough money to buy referrals as a priest.

The only valid reason there is for priest restrictions atm is to make you pay premium with an alt. Also, I said I was a Fo priest, not a Vynora priest. To make much money as a Fo priest you really need another Fo priest to link with, and no other Fo priest on the server needed a battery because they simply bought another alt for that. As for the enchantments and spells I could do alone, I mostly did them for free for anyone who needed them, while those other Fo priests who were too stingy to link with me were charging around 5-6 silver for those services. So yes, I could have probably tried harder to be a money-grubbing little bastard, and pay for my premium time with in-game money like the vets. If everyone did that though, the game would die because Rolf would have no income. I actually wanted to contribute financially to the development of this game at the time. Now I can't wait to see it die, because I was basically shafted for trying to be a good priest.

I am confused.

You seem to equate being the best on the server with 'have to'...

does it cost more than $20 a month to have the best toon on the server? yes

but that is not a requirement in the game, not a requirement to have fun and represents 1 person per server, most people are not interesting in 'winning' the game they just want to play it. 

You seem to act like if the developers makes a purchase of something an option you see it as a requirement.

If you want to venture very far from a guard tower or spirit templar, you HAVE to purchase gear. This is true even for the BEST weaponsmith and the BEST armorsmith, because it takes YEARS of doing ONLY that ONE thing to make gear that will stand up to a troll or a Hell Hound. If you want to hang around a guard tower spamming the chat with "guards!" or "help" then sure you can go without purchasing gear, I did that for a year, I know that from experience. But if you want to find gold ore, or deliver a rare oakenwood practice doll you made to the other side of the server, then you're going to HAVE to buy gear. There's just no way around that, and I cannot respect you as a human being or a Wurm player when you sit here and lie to all these newbies telling them they will be just fine prancing around in 10 ql cloth armor wielding a 10 ql sword. Even the weakest creatures in the game would tear them to ribbons. RIBBONS I say! 

I believe there is an assumption that you are taking with everyone of your arguments in this thread and that is going at it alone. Going at it alone to much harder then if there are others to help. Starting out, joining a village is your best bet. Yes this game is hard for new players if you just wander off into the wilderness and expect to survive. Yes fighting is not in your favor when you first start out. There are practice dolls that allow you to raise your fighting safely. I have been playing for a few months now and sure there are mobs that will still destroy me if I try and take them on solo, but I have never bought equipment nor do you need to in order to progress. I dont consider this game free to play at all. It has a endless trial but at some point if you want to progress you  will need to buy a premium account. Even with the best armor its your skill that determines how well you will do.

1. I'm well aware of practice dolls, I made a couple of rare ones made out of oakenwood during my time in Wurm, but you can only raise Fighting up to 20 with one. I gave up grinding Fight Skill on my practice doll though around 6 Fighting Skill though, as the skill gain from doing it drastically decreased, and I found myself hitting and repairing the doll for 0.0001 skill gain... By then though with some leather armor and an 80 ql huge axe I could start to grind wildcats and wolves, which would give around 0.2 skill gain at the time. Your best bet for grinding fight skill is to find enemies that have a CR (Combat Rating) really close to yours. If an enemy's CR is much higher or lower than yours you get almost nothing in skill gain. After you have 70 Fight Skill, nothing except maybe a champion will give you any decent Fight Skill. Which brings me to my next point.

2. Without decent armor, you will die to many creatures in Wurm even if you have 70 Fight Skill and the magical healing powers of a Fo priest at your disposal. Far as fighting goes, I was much more able than most players thanks to the fact I could instantly heal bad wounds, and jump right back into the action. But even with that advantage, if I used 60 ql studded leather armor instead of 60 ql steel plate, I would die to things that wouldn't have scratched me if I was wearing the steel plate. Hell Hounds can sometimes attack you 5-6 times in a single second with a special attack. Trolls inflict a TON of damage. You can't expect to stand up to things like this without good armor, even if you are extremely skilled at fighting. Also, WHEN YOU DIE YOU LOSE SKILL! AND AT HIGHER LEVELS DYING CAN MEAN A WHOLE DAY OF GRINDING TO GAIN BACK WHAT YOU LOST! So you really can't afford not buy proper gear unless you do like you said and join a village, and then NEVER leave that village for ANYTHING. But wait, how will you mine or chop trees to build if you can't leave the safety of your village? You won't be able to. My friend runs a village, she wanted me to join but I wasn't for the whole team-speak thing, but she gave high ql weapons and armor to all her villagers, because she KNOWS the importance of proper gear. If you are honestly running around in rags trying to mine and cut trees, I feel sorry for you, because you're never going to gain any skill by constantly dying.

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

Sorry if this was already addressed.

"They started having aggressive mobs attack things like horses, cows, bison, deer, and unicorns. The thing is though, bison and unicorns are two of the most common mobs in the game, so it didn't take long for aggressive mobs to become virtually extinct in Wurm Online. I'd ride for hours and only see bison, horses, and unicorns, whereas before I couldn't ride 10 paces without being jumped by a spider or hell hound."

So the aggressive mobs attack Horses, Unicorns, Bison etc...

There are tons of Bison and Unicorns in the game

Why are the aggressive mobs going extinct?

Why are you able to see the horses and unicorns and Bison but not the aggressive mobs that should be eating these? 

Are the friendly animals killing all the aggressive animals?

Originally posted by angerbeaver

Sorry if this was already addressed.

"They started having aggressive mobs attack things like horses, cows, bison, deer, and unicorns. The thing is though, bison and unicorns are two of the most common mobs in the game, so it didn't take long for aggressive mobs to become virtually extinct in Wurm Online. I'd ride for hours and only see bison, horses, and unicorns, whereas before I couldn't ride 10 paces without being jumped by a spider or hell hound."

So the aggressive mobs attack Horses, Unicorns, Bison etc...

There are tons of Bison and Unicorns in the game

Why are the aggressive mobs going extinct?

Why are you able to see the horses and unicorns and Bison but not the aggressive mobs that should be eating these? 

Are the friendly animals killing all the aggressive animals?

When I left the game, yes, unicorns and bison were killing off the aggro mobs. Of course I lived next to the biggest Steppe in Celebration where Bison were already plentiful, and had a unicorn spawner right uphill from me. So it was probably worse around where I lived than it was in most places. I can't say how things are now in the game, but I haven't seen any word on Wurm's devs fixing it. After I saw a Venerable Hardened Scorpion attack a bison and get killed, I reported it to a Community Assistant who said he'd pass word on to the devs, and I posted about it on the official forum. This along with animals trampling every tile into packed dirt basically ruined hunting, farming, and breeding for me, which was the ENTIRETY of my play style since I was a Fo priest. Do you understand why I'm mad at this game now?

Imagine if all you was allowed to do as a Vynora priest was enchant stuff, and chop trees, then all of a sudden your enchantments went crazy when you were offline and ate all the trees. Now you can't do anything. I know someone will just call me crazy again for trying to run a priest on my main, but I think that is a fault of the game, not mine. IF someone wants to play a priest on their main they should be able to, you shouldn't have to pay premium on two accounts to enjoy the game just because the devs inadvertently broke a once valid play style by tweaking animal AI. I found it really off-putting that every other priest on the server was a soulless alt with a stupid name like ffdfdfdssgg or Dopiesaur.

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

Originally posted by SEANMCAD I just did the calculations. Premium account plus a small deed with a guard = $14.98 a month Premium account plus a large deed with a gaurs = $20.489325 month

I stopped there. You do NOT need to buy weapons or tools. That is for people who are impatient. The game is about making stuff anyway.

So 1. you don't need ANY deed most people don't have a deed 2. you don't need a large deed 3. you don't need to buy every weapon and tool at the market because you have no interest in actually playing the game which is designed TO MAKE STUFF

some players just want to come in and 'win' the game or get into 'god' mode as soon as they can and then complain if it costs them to much to do so.

silly

I think I figured out the disconnect and it might be generational I am not sure.

I think its a question of how we see a game is designed to be played. To buying things on a market is a bit like 'cheat mode' so it takes away from how the game should be played. With that said I might be wrong because I come from a generation before micro-transactions.

Either way I think its a stretch to say buying things in the market is a requirement in the game.

The best weaponsmith on the server still buys armor. The best platesmith still buys weapons. Nearly everyone buys tools because no one skill makes them all. People are all the time buying enchantments. 

Sure, you can do everything yourself and be crappy at everything if you want... But to really be good at a skill in this game you have to focus almost exclusively on it. Also, I was a Fo priest, so because of the priest restrictions I could not do most things like improving items without paying for premium on another alt. 

Well there is your problem. You have to be insane to run a priest as your main. And you should have been able to make enough money to buy referrals as a priest.

The only valid reason there is for priest restrictions atm is to make you pay premium with an alt. Also, I said I was a Fo priest, not a Vynora priest. To make much money as a Fo priest you really need another Fo priest to link with, and no other Fo priest on the server needed a battery because they simply bought another alt for that. As for the enchantments and spells I could do alone, I mostly did them for free for anyone who needed them, while those other Fo priests who were too stingy to link with me were charging around 5-6 silver for those services. So yes, I could have probably tried harder to be a money-grubbing little bastard, and pay for my premium time with in-game money like the vets. If everyone did that though, the game would die because Rolf would have no income. I actually wanted to contribute financially to the development of this game at the time. Now I can't wait to see it die, because I was basically shafted for trying to be a good priest.

I am confused.

but that is not a requirement in the game, not a requirement to have fun and represents 1 person per server, most people are not interesting in 'winning' the game they just want to play it. 

You seem to act like if the developers makes a purchase of something an option you see it as a requirement.

If you want to venture very far from a guard tower or spirit templar, you HAVE to purchase gear. This is true even for the BEST weaponsmith and the BEST armorsmith, because it takes YEARS of doing ONLY that ONE thing to make gear that will stand up to a troll or a Hell Hound. If you want to hang around a guard tower spamming the chat with "guards!" or "help" then sure you can go without purchasing gear, I did that for a year, I know that from experience. But if you want to find gold ore, or deliver a rare oakenwood practice doll you made to the other side of the server, then you're going to HAVE to buy gear. There's just no way around that, and I cannot respect you as a human being or a Wurm player when you sit here and lie to all these newbies telling them they will be just fine prancing around in 10 ql cloth armor wielding a 10 ql sword. Even the weakest creatures in the game would tear them to ribbons. RIBBONS I say! 

a few things you need to understand

1. in wurm agro mobs are to be avoided, not hunted.

2. all those 'best' smiths...guess what? it took them years to get the skills up to make that stuff. They didnt buy there way to win like you are trying to do.

Its clear you do not understand the game. Its not a combat game, its a combat avoidance game.

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• BenediktBenedikt Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

Its clear you do not understand the game. Its not a combat game, its a combat avoidance game.

i like this :) its a good description of a survival game, which wurm kind of is.

played it for 2 yrs, never bought anything but deed and guards.

silly

I am confused.

a few things you need to understand

1. in wurm agro mobs are to be avoided, not hunted.

2. all those 'best' smiths...guess what? it took them years to get the skills up to make that stuff. They didnt buy there way to win like you are trying to do.

Look at the underlined part everyone. He's finally telling a wee bit of truth in his post. Yes, it takes them YEARS to make that crap, which is why I would rather go ahead and buy it, because guess what? I did not want to play as a Weapon Smith. Weapon Smithing is one of the hardest skills to grind in this game, and on my server there were like 2 people who could make decent weapons. That means if there are 50 active players on the server, and only 2 of them can make decent weapons, the other 48 are either going to have to spend two years grinding weaponsmithing for ten hours a day, or they are going to have to buy weapons. Unless they want to simply avoid all fighting which in my opinion is rather cowardly, and rather impossible at times. If you're mining or chopping wood, you're going to get low on stamina, and you WILL be ambushed by a spider or something at one point or another. Without enough stamina to get away, and no decent gear, you're toast. 

Also, let's pretend that I DID avoid combat, that I didn't make the game all about fighting, but rather focused on breeding animals and farming. Guess what? Those skills I chose to focus on were still broken due to the animal AI being tweaked by the devs. If I want to Farm now, I can't let animals graze off my crops because they just trample it into packed dirt. I can't keep but a few animals on my deed because they trample every tile into packed dirt, and I made over half my deed an enclosure for just that purpose. You think I should just stop being a Fo priest and invest a year in another play style? Too late, I already gave away my account since Rolf made damn sure a Fo priest would only ever be good for a stupid alt.

• mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768
    When I get that close to be upset about a game, I give everything away, uninstall the game and shake the dust of my sandals and never go back.

want 7 free days of playing? Try this

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

I just want to add that Sean KNOWS that 99% of Wurm players WILL invest money in weapons and armor if they stick around more than a couple of months. It is really a necessity. Sure, you can possibly survive without buying weapons, armor, and better tools. You can also possibly survive in real life without indoor plumbing, heating/cooling, internet, television, etc. How long do any of us go without those basic necessities though? I honestly don't know of any player who stuck around Wurm for more than a month or two who never bought a decent weapon and set of armor. If Sean is telling you all he didn't, I guarantee he's a dirty liar, and I could probably go on the Wurm forum and find out whatever weaponsmith he's buying from today if I wanted.
    Originally posted by mayito7777
    When I get that close to be upset about a game, I give everything away, uninstall the game and shake the dust of my sandals and never go back.

I usually take the time to post some bad reviews to let other gamers know the cons of said game, especially since sites like mmorpg.com and most game reviewers tend to sugar-coat everything, and neglect to mention glaring flaws that can destroy the game for many. Since Wurm happened to kick off it's biggest advertising campaign right around the same time it pissed me off to the extent I gave away my toon I had invested over a year in, they have this coming. If the game is so great, it can stand on its own despite my criticism. I feel that even if I didn't come here and tear the game a new one verbally, it would still fail on its own though. It was failing pretty hard when I left, with a lot of established players leaving or on the fence.

• VicDynamoVicDynamo Member Posts: 234
    Originally posted by CyberTex
    This looks like a typical rant thread after someone gets banned for doing something wrong.  Guess you got banned from their forums so you are going to come here and bash them? Sounds real mature. 

Hello, shill. How much does Rolf pay you to make these posts?

Also, how the ever-living fack is saying I'd rather play Minecraft than Wurm morally wrong? Explain that one too me. Sounds like something a shill would say.

Actually, with the attitude you're showing on these forums, its perfectly plausible that your ban was merited. Pro tip: it's not usually WHAT you say, but HOW you say it that triggers action. 

Your statement wasn't "morally wrong" since forum mods aren't there to judge your morality. However, going to an Wurm thread saying how you'd rather play Minecraft isn't helpful or constructive.

Originally posted by Prhyme
    This looks like a typical rant thread after someone gets banned for doing something wrong.  Guess you got banned from their forums so you are going to come here and bash them? Sounds real mature. 

Also, how the ever-living fack is saying I'd rather play Minecraft than Wurm morally wrong? Explain that one too me. Sounds like something a shill would say.

Actually, with the attitude you're showing on these forums, its perfectly plausible that your ban was merited. Pro tip: it's not usually WHAT you say, but HOW you say it that triggers action. 

Your statement wasn't "morally wrong" since forum mods aren't there to judge your morality. However, going to an Wurm thread saying how you'd rather play Minecraft isn't helpful or constructive.

Who says everything we say/write has to be helpful and constructive? Rolf making animals go crazy and trample all tiles into packed dirt wasn't helpful or constructive. Sean telling us all that we don't need weapons in Wurm isn't helpful or constructive, it's just him being thick-headed and trying to argue with me. How is your post helpful or constructive? You're just attacking me for posting my opinions in a certain way. How is the way you post any better than the way I post? How are the opinions of those who think Wurm is the best game ever any more helpful or constructive than those of someone who played the game for a year and was forced to quit due to bad developer decisions? I'm trying to save you money, how is that not me trying to be helpful? Sean is trying to con everyone into signing up for premium and buying a deed so he can milk his trader for money to pay for his own premium. How is that helpful or constructive? I can look at almost any post in this thread and say, "Whelp, that wasn't helpful or constructive, they disagreed with my opinions. Better hit the report button." 

Why don't some of you Wurm fans try arguing with the points I made about the game instead of taking such cheap shots like, "OMG ur trolling cuz ur opinion is not helpful or constructive! Ban him!"

Who says everything we say/write has to be helpful and constructive? Rolf making animals go crazy and trample all tiles into packed dirt wasn't helpful or constructive. Sean telling us all that we don't need weapons in Wurm isn't helpful or constructive, it's just him being thick-headed and trying to argue with me. How is your post helpful or constructive? You're just attacking me for posting my opinions in a certain way. How is the way you post any better than the way I post? How are the opinions of those who think Wurm is the best game ever any more helpful or constructive than those of someone who played the game for a year and was forced to quit due to bad developer decisions? I'm trying to save you money, how is that not me trying to be helpful? Sean is trying to con everyone into signing up for premium and buying a deed so he can milk his trader for money to pay for his own premium. How is that helpful or constructive? I can look at almost any post in this thread and say, "Whelp, that wasn't helpful or constructive, they disagreed with my opinions. Better hit the report button." 

Why don't some of you Wurm fans try arguing with the points I made about the game instead of taking such cheap shots like, "OMG ur trolling cuz ur opinion is not helpful or constructive! Ban him!"

you dont need a weapon in Wurm.

Let alone what you are wanting which is the BEST weapon not A weapon which there is a RADICAL difference between those two statements.

Like I said, I have my own deed, solo play and played for a year and never bought anything from a merchant.

dont confuse 'need' with 'want'

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542

Let alone what you are wanting which is the BEST weapon not A weapon which there is a RADICAL difference between those two statements.

Like I said, I have my own deed, solo play and played for a year and never bought anything from a merchant.

What you talk'n 'bout Willis?  

Best weapon is not a weapon?

If you play on the Wild aka Chaos, or any of the Epic servers, which FYI are the best idea Rolf ever neglected.  The best weapon is a longsword of high quality with a large metal shield and a few enchantments on both of them.  

Most of what the OP said is true, that is the sad thing.  His approach is bad, and tainted with anger but he is right.  Wurm onlines forums are touchy when it comes to ANYTHING involving Notch.  I love to point out this cold hard fact.

Rolf is barely able to keep up with the operating expenses of Wurm Online, he makes enough to keep it running but not enough to hire a larger developmental team to improve on the game.  (This is besides the fact that he is a control freak who has to be in ABSOLUTE control of everything, part of the reason why Notch left.)

Meanwhile Notch made more money in one year after the release of Minecraft, with the same concept as Wurm Online just simplified, then Rolf has made in his entire life.  

So in short.  Who is rich and who is barely surviving?  Who is working on a second game, or a sequel that is already making more money then Wurm, and who is just now getting pretty graphics and "soon" bridges. 

So much crap, so little quality.

Originally posted by Hodo

What you talk'n 'bout Willis?  

Best weapon is not a weapon?

If you play on the Wild aka Chaos, or any of the Epic servers, which FYI are the best idea Rolf ever neglected.  The best weapon is a longsword of high quality with a large metal shield and a few enchantments on both of them.  

Most of what the OP said is true, that is the sad thing.  His approach is bad, and tainted with anger but he is right.  Wurm onlines forums are touchy when it comes to ANYTHING involving Notch.  I love to point out this cold hard fact.

Rolf is barely able to keep up with the operating expenses of Wurm Online, he makes enough to keep it running but not enough to hire a larger developmental team to improve on the game.  (This is besides the fact that he is a control freak who has to be in ABSOLUTE control of everything, part of the reason why Notch left.)

Meanwhile Notch made more money in one year after the release of Minecraft, with the same concept as Wurm Online just simplified, then Rolf has made in his entire life.  

So in short.  Who is rich and who is barely surviving?  Who is working on a second game, or a sequel that is already making more money then Wurm, and who is just now getting pretty graphics and "soon" bridges. 

1. my perspective comes from playing a PVE server. Having said that specifically which PVP game on the market now does one not need the best weapons and gear in order to be competitive? Its the nature of ALL PVP games isn't?

2. You say that Rolf is barely able to keep up with operating expenses of Wurm Online. Exactly how do you know this? please be specific. Also, if his entire profit from the game is (lets say for argument sake) $60,000 a year. That is pretty damn successful for  a 10 year part time job don't you think?

• xweetok59xweetok59 Member Posts: 1

Okay guys, just want to say, don't believe this guy. Pretty much EVERYTHING he said are blatant lies and exaggerations. 

I honestly don't even know where to start. You all appearantly don't even know that Rolf has hired a dev team a long time ago already, it's not just him, there are atleast 5 other people (no volunteers, actually paid people) working on it already.

For someone who dislikes and has quit the game you seem to be very dedicated at clinging around the game and bashing it.

Pretty much everything you say is just plain not true, you're just making up lies on spot to try and drive people away from this game.

First of all, the AI thing is not even broken anymore, it even got fixed within a few days. My animals are sitting in my pen without going to a corner or packing tiles instantly. 

This "Secret council" thing is just some shit you made up to try and give unknowing people a bad image of this game. I would really like to know where you heard about such a thing, because it's just plain bullshit. The last trader updates even went AGAINST what most veterans and "Rolf's fanboys" wanted.

Aggressive mobs attacking farm animals is bullshit as well, this only happens if you tamed the animal. Otherwise they DON'T get attacked.

I saw your posts on the forums, and it was just you bashing the game and coming up with bullshit "suggestions" which wouldn't even improve the game. The majority DISAGREED with you, only a few people agreed, and those happen to be the same people over and over again.

Wurm Online on its peak times has ~ 1300 players online, which is a lot more than it used to be, so that''s another nice lie of yours. 

A year of grinding masonry so you can build a small house? Maybe if you played for max 20 seconds each day for a year. In my first 4 days of casually playing I already had enough skill to build my self a 3 x 3 multistory house, which is the max you should be able to build in such a short time of playing. 

The game is not expensive either, just recently Rolf reduced the price of buying deed and perimeter tiles by a whopping 50%. The game costs 8 euros a month, which is already a lot cheaper than most other games. You can claim a really nice sized deed while keeping upkeep at 1 silver, which is about 1,5 euros. So basically if you plan it right, you're paying less than 10 euros per month for this game. If you want a huge deed you're going to pay more, but divided over multiple people. If you have no villagers, then why the fuck did you make a huge deed in the first place?

Alts are completely unnecessary as well, I have played for years without ever having 2 clients open at the same time. As for priests, a lot of people seem to think that you need an alt so you can have a priest for yourself. What so many people don't understand is that the limitations or priests are set so you DON'T hermit as a priests. Priests are restricted from doing a lot, except from several skills depending on the priest such as farming, mining, terraforming etc. so that you join a village. A priest is more like a support character, it's not something for your own so that you can try to make money off of it, like a lot of people seem to think priests are for.

I just read through the gear arguments of his and I really want to know if his brain was turned on while playing this game because it really made me laugh out loud. Wondering why studded leather armor protects you more than a steel plate would. It's not like minecraft, steel is not high end gear with leather being low end gear. Every gear has its advantages and disadvantages. People with plate are incredibly slow, have less accuracy and are very vulnerable to a large maul which will penetrate directly through the steel.

TL;DR: After going through all of his posts, not almost all, but a full 100% of everything he said are pure lies to give wurm a bad image. 

Anyway, I'm not going to argue with you, you'll probably just call me a fanboy and come up with more false arguments about how wurm is horrible and about how rolf pays me to make these posts.

I just wanted to make sure everyone knows what kind of liar you really are. 

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004

When I first played Wurm online the people were nice and I didn't even do anything or give them any reason to be nice other than just logging in and basicly got guided through the game and joined a town where there was plenty of oppourtunities for work. I'm not going to mention the embarasing incident which lead to 40 minutes of me slowly dieing anyways...

It's worth buying premium and a deed if you're into it but I can't go back because I'm not as patient as I used to be and it has a long grind. But although I was treated pretty good I noticed some of the updates were catered to the vets and a round table of certain people at the expense of others so I guess the OP is kind of right even though a little bit over dramatic.

I logged in to mention minecraft and see what would happen and got informed that it was made by the same guy notch and explained to nicely what the differences was between the two. Basicly minecraft is wurm without the grind. Didn't seem to hostile but I guess it would be annoying 100 other people asking the same but that's about the only problem I woudl see with it.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• FingzFingz Member UncommonPosts: 139

I hope the Wurm devs work things out.  A Minecraft MMO with some kind of decent PvP is the wave of the future and is something all present MMOs should be afraid of.