Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert - Russian Publisher Announced

apophiss2004apophiss2004 Member UncommonPosts: 15

A few minutes ago the Russian Publisher for Black Desert was Revealed 

http://www.mmocast.com/black-desert-russian-publisher-announced/

Comments

• apophiss2004apophiss2004 Member UncommonPosts: 15
    Mail.ru is bussy with ArcheAge, but I hoped it will be Innova. I know nothing about this GameNet.ru. Anyone can share something about them ?
  • PigozzPigozz Member UncommonPosts: 886

Anyone willing to translate it? :D

What I doscovered is that there will be NO IP RESTRICTION IN RUSSIA!!

and that they want more hardcore PvP - as in more dropped items and cash shop will have fluff items only (no P2W)

Expected Russian beta - January 2015

I think I actually spent way more time reading and theorycrafting about MMOs than playing them

• apophiss2004apophiss2004 Member UncommonPosts: 15

UPDATED with the ending FAQ list:

- No initial IP Block

- Unlimited Siege Numbers

- Open World PvP with Karma System

and many many more ...

• PigozzPigozz Member UncommonPosts: 886

First off, there will be no localization of the game; meaning the Russian Black Desert will be the same as the Korean version. A notable feature of Black Desert was the Oculus rift support, Gamenet has stated Oculus Rift support will rely on how the development process goes.

Moving onto the in-game features Gamenet has currently declared; Player versus Player in the Arena will not be rewarding, stated by Gamenet. During PvP engagements players will lose items upon death, such as “Black Stones;” hopefully providing the risk and thrill our PvP oriented playerbase is desperately striving for. There will be both PvP servers, as well as PvE servers.

As for the specifics! Gamenet has made it very clear there will be no toleration for bots and hackers; they’ve also made it precedent that their Game Masters will be top notch regarding these delicate matters. There will be no IP block, shared by Gamenet. The amount of servers is going to depend on their playerbase. The most surprising information shared is the game will be free to play, but if the community wants, there will be separate pay to play servers. That being said, Gamenet has insisted the game will not be pay to win. Closed Beta will be in December, 2014; the release will be January, 2015.

Ok unnoficial english client and here we go, playing black desert in 2015 yeeey! :)

I think I actually spent way more time reading and theorycrafting about MMOs than playing them

• CetraCetra Member UncommonPosts: 359
    why is NA always last for korean mmos?? .....
  • KangaroomouseKangaroomouse Member Posts: 394

Oh boy, Oh boy!

----

Signing up right NOW!

• maccarthur2004maccarthur2004 Member UncommonPosts: 511
    Originally posted by Cetra

Different tastes.

Koreans, Russians and eastern europeans are less casual and carebear than NA average player.

Originally posted by DMKano

NA players have much higher quality expectations when it comes to games.

Poorly translated games don't do well in NA.

Has nothing to do with translation.

----

The main reason why most SEA games have such a hard time coming to NA is that the NA publishers have crazy financial expectations, are greedy and want to change the games for the US market which most of the time does not sit well with Asian publishers/developers.

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Originally posted by maccarthur2004
    why is NA always last for korean mmos?? ..

I wonder if aesthic has anything to do with it also.

• Originally posted by DMKano

Originally posted by Pigozz A notable feature of Black Desert was the Oculus rift support, Gamenet has stated Oculus Rift support will rely on how the development process goes.
    Oculus support? I'll believe it when I see it.

Originally posted by Kangaroomouse

NA players have much higher quality expectations when it comes to games.

Poorly translated games don't do well in NA.

Has nothing to do with translation.

----

The main reason why most SEA games have such a hard time coming to NA is that the NA publishers have crazy financial expectations, are greedy and want to change the games for the US market which most of the time does not sit well with Asian publishers/developers.

Changing the game for different markets makes sense - look at ArcheAge - some of the stuff in Korean 1.0 version is terrible, good thing it's getting changed for Russia as well as NA/EU market.

If Pearl Abyss down the road implements a change that is terrible - and all versions are the same - then you'll hear the players saying "I wish we had a different version"

Having localized versions is worse for the dev (they have more work as they have multiple code branches) - but better for the players.

Not having localized versions is worse for the publishers and gamers in the long run as it's only a matter of time before the dev puts in a change that players in another region HATE and the publisher has no leg to stand on to have it changed. 

I totally agree with you. I never said its a good thing to not change it. I merely pointed out that the changing and the silly expectations of western publishers are preventing or delaying most releases.

----

Not the translation.

• RogoshRogosh Member UncommonPosts: 208
    Black Desert is supposed be at E3 looking for a publisher for North America.

"Its better to look ugly and win than pretty and lose"

• bound4hadesbound4hades Member UncommonPosts: 83
    Because we don't stick to games that come from overseas. They don't do well here
  • LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    If I were a publisher for NA/EU I would be all over Black Desert like a cat on a mouse. Srsly. This is a gold mine.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Originally posted by bound4hades
    Because we don't stick to games that come from overseas. They don't do well here

I agree with this.

• vvhitevvizardvvhitevvizard Member Posts: 12

roadmap on the russian publisher:

CBT in November, 2014

OBT in January, 2015 (3 months after korean OBT)

OBT date might be postponed due to korean OBT delay

• M4koM4ko Member Posts: 385

Lineage 2 exploded in Russia after it was pretty much done in NA.  It seems that there is a large market in Russia for Korean MMOs

Originally posted by Jockan
    Originally posted by bound4hades

I agree with this.

I played Lineage 2 and it was pretty popular at the time, maybe that somehow changed?

Originally posted by maccarthur2004

Different tastes.

Koreans, Russians and eastern europeans are less casual and carebear than NA average player.

Most likely. Ant translation has nothing to do with it since most players dont care about quests, and if they do they are too casual.