Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Release Date

elbarto69elbarto69 Member Posts: 73

I was just checking out the Game List, and it says that Everquest II will be released 12/1/03. I just checked out Gamespot.com and EBGames.com and they both have the release date set for 3/14/04. The only game they show being released on 12/1/03 is Lords of Everquest, a RTS game that with the EQ story. Does anyone else know about this? Is this an error on MMORPG.com or Gamespot and EBGames.com? This would be quite a big setback if it really is March (especially for all you Horizons bashers :::^b:: )

-----------------------------------
Homer: "I'm feelin' low, Apu. You got any of that beer that has candy floating in it, you know, Skittlebrau?"

Apu: "Such a product does not exist, sir! You must have dreamed it."

Homer: "Oh. Well then just gimme a six-pack and a couple of bags of Skittles."

3GZ673CF

Comments

• Iceman12321Iceman12321 Member Posts: 992

I dont know...I heard it was going to be released in early 2004, but I guess we'll see...

thats only what I have heard, I could be wrongimage

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

12/1/03 isnt right for SURE

i told admin to change it to that about.....7 months ago, cuz it was at january, and someone told me december

my fault, sorry

• digitydarkmandigitydarkman Member Posts: 2,194
    no release is ever for sure.. when the game hits stores.. thats when its out dont belive any release date.. Street Racing Syndicate was supposed to be out now... its WAY setback now was into '04

Ohh Im So Scary... BOO

dont expect it ill around november or october 2k4

....its not even in beta yetimage

woohoo, an entire year for original everquest to liveimage

• MistiMisti Member Posts: 724
    Its still slated for March 2004.

bummer...you think it'll stay with March of next year??

I think it might make the March date they are saying, but then again it could very possibly be delayed as much as 6 months again who knows.  Never take release dates too close to heart.  image

As for EQ1, it will continue to live for years after EQ2 is out.  In fact I think its highly likely that EQ1 will probably still have a larger audiance then EQ2 for at least the first half a year that its out.

I hope your predictions are right because I still want to do lots of other things to do in that game...I'm still looking for a newer and more improved version of the game, EQ II though...Will it still be costing the same, about 12 bucks??

• THAILETHAILE Member Posts: 14
    My guess is around June 2004 or later. 99% of the time these things dont come out on time. eq2 will be no exception to this.

• LiammccarthyLiammccarthy Member CommonPosts: 77
    Ya most games tend to do that, yet sometimes it is for the better.  You want to make the game the best it can be when you release it.

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820
    Sony will go all the way with this for sure. The release date will definitly be late Q3, Q4, or 2005.

Open your eyes, close your mouth, and make a fist.

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

Since the game has already been delayed once for 6 months, I highly doubt they delay it further then June of next year.  Games that go on a continual delay cycle rarely perform well when they finally are released.

well you never konw

i mean beta is on average...what 6 months?

it hasnt even started yet!

I have yet to see SoE beta (public) any EQ product for 6 months.

k well how long do you think the beta would be?

yea yea, 6months was exxagerated

Well, if they don't start public beta by the beginning of January I have little doubt the game will be delayed again.  Just my opinion of course, but I try to keep up on the game by reading the various EQ2 sites daily while bored at work.  image

hehe

familiar

except the work part...schoolimage

Ok, well the game has been delayed once again though it has not be formally announced.  They are giving out a special beta account to people who are current Everquest subscribers who also buy and register Lords of Everquest.  This special beta, which is to occur before an open beta, is "tentatively scheduled for spring 2004".

Looks like mid to late summer or later for release now.  Maybe they will use the extra time to actually hire some artists to work on the game.  image

woah woah back up there for a second....

did i hear you say "open beta"???????????

Yes.  They said "if" there is an open beta it would be after the special beta for people who have current EQ accounts AND buy and register Lords of Everquest.  Since the special beta is semi scheduled for spring 2004 that means an open beta if it happens would be after that.  Early summer maybe?

ahh..

so what you are impleieng( or however it's spelled ) is that people like me cant get inimage

....ahh hell, ill get it once it comes out, next to no bugsimage

Well I'm not trying to imply anything actually.  This is what they have basically said.

1. The first beta people will be picked from current Legends subscribers.

2. When that stage of beta is complete people who have current EQ accounts in good standing AND  buy and register Lords of Everquest on the SoE site will be invited to a special beta after the Legends beta.  This special beta is tentativly scheduled for spring 2004.

3. If there is an open beta it will occur after these special beta programs.

This just seems to indicate a much later release date then the current one which is already a 6 month delay from the original.

The details are all on www.EQii.com if you want to peek.

o0o0

and who was it that was saying that?

thats what  i thought