Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WildStar "Too Much Going On" On-Screen?

Comments

• MMOPlayaMMOPlaya Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Originally posted by Torvaldr

Don't try and do everything at once. Don't try and take every quest at the same time. Don't accept every challenge or option that pops up.

We've had years of complaints that there aren't enough quests to level, that there isn't enough to do, and controlled quest arcs (the next quest doesn't open until you finish the current) are too on rails.

Are you saying that you would rather not have the option of how much you want to take on? You would rather have your hand held and game experience dictated to you? If that's the case I would recommend LotRO, RIft, or if you want something newer TOR. Those games don't have have any of your complaints and are much more laid back, guided, and on rails. You don't really need to think your way through the games at all.

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I'm all for the additional content - I'm just not happy with the way all that content is presented.  I'm no game dev or programmer, but I wouldn't design a game with mechanics that revolve around a hamster and his wheel and feeder.  Just keep hitting the feeder bar!  Let me discover that content.  Or even better - lets do it in reverse - Just give me ALL  the quests for a zone at once with very vague instructions to meet up with NPC "X" for further details.  That way I'm not missing anything, and can choose what I want to do instead when I'm ready to do it.

Originally posted by Orious

Don't try and do everything at once. Don't try and take every quest at the same time. Don't accept every challenge or option that pops up.

We've had years of complaints that there aren't enough quests to level, that there isn't enough to do, and controlled quest arcs (the next quest doesn't open until you finish the current) are too on rails.

Are you saying that you would rather not have the option of how much you want to take on? You would rather have your hand held and game experience dictated to you? If that's the case I would recommend LotRO, RIft, or if you want something newer TOR. Those games don't have have any of your complaints and are much more laid back, guided, and on rails. You don't really need to think your way through the games at all.

He's just saying they should have picked a minimalist's approach rather than an arrogant in-your-face approach.

Quantity isn't always better.

Bingo! +1  Thanks, I wish I worded it like that to start :)  

• syltmackasyltmacka Member UncommonPosts: 404
    yes , yes it is. on op.
  • versulasversulas Member UncommonPosts: 288

I never really got into questing, but for an entirely different reason. It's hard to get too immersed in something that is on-rails to the degree where you simply follow the shinies and watch your experience bar fill up.

I've thus trained myself to zone out the 'grindy' portions of the game and only pay attention when there's dialogue or the story moves forward. I have a netflix movie or equivalent playing on a second screen, and I treat the leveling experience like I'm reading a book where I occasionally have to push buttons. 

Through no fault of Carbine, they've tried to get me to care about the grindy portions (i.e. trash mob combat), via active dodging, aiming, paying attention to builders, items I should be crafting/scanning, and thinking about the routes I take to the next objective so I can link up with even more shinies.

The problem is none of these things make the experience less dull or repetitive, it just requires more attention devoted to the task. 

If they wanted me to pay attention to the pve solo content, they should have made it more challenging, not require more micromanaging. 

I'm perfectly happy skipping all that and choosing to join dungeons/adventures/pvp matches whenever I can and feel as if I'm actually playing a game instead of doing a chore complete with checklist.

• Heatsink00Heatsink00 Member UncommonPosts: 60
    This is a valid assessment of the cluster of a UI Wildstar uses.  Too much random information coming in from different directions.  I hoped the designers would unify the info streams and keep timers from starting on top of timers before launch, but that didn't happen.  
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967

CHALLENGE STARTED!!!

CHALLENGE FAILED!!!

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • TheQuietGamerTheQuietGamer Member Posts: 317
    What annoys me are the quest conversation boxes that block half your screen for bloody ages when your trying to fight- and don't even have a close option.  
    Originally posted by Orious

He's just saying they should have picked a minimalist's approach rather than an arrogant in-your-face approach.

Quantity isn't always better.

How is offering more arrogant? So if quantity isn't better, then less is better? Because the "less" is exactly the "not enough" people have been bitching about in every release. With RIft, for example, the complaints - the zones are too small, there isn't enough quests to level, the game is exactly on rails, there is too much repetitive grinding, the crafting and game experience is dumbed down.

I'm just saying if you want a very simple "dumbed down" game experience most every themepark out there now offers it. It surprises me that people would complain that they have to think and make intelligent choices in a game when the huge complaint for every release in the last few years has been the opposite. The thread complaint took me quite by surprise.

Hi -

I doubt anyone on this board would argue there isn't enough content - quite the contrary.  I just prefer it be presented in a different fashion than Carbine decided on, that's all.

This is no /ragequit thread either.  I was just wondering, of all us old-timer MMO players, who thought the presentation of content was too much?

"Of course, this is just my opinion.  I could be wrong." - Dennis Miller

Originally posted by MMOPlaya

I'm all for the additional content - I'm just not happy with the way all that content is presented.  I'm no game dev or programmer, but I wouldn't design a game with mechanics that revolve around a hamster and his wheel and feeder.  Just keep hitting the feeder bar!  Let me discover that content.  Or even better - lets do it in reverse - Just give me ALL  the quests for a zone at once with very vague instructions to meet up with NPC "X" for further details.  That way I'm not missing anything, and can choose what I want to do instead when I'm ready to do it.

You can do all that now. Take quests as you want. If you don't want to do a challenge then ignore it and let it fail. You can always come back to it anytime you want to complete it. In fact you can repeat challenges as many times as you want, but there is a cooldown in between if you successfully complete them. You don't have to do anything you don't want to.

I don't think you understand what hamster wheel means in terms of mmo gaming. The "hamster wheel" is not a lot of things to do. The hamster wheel refers to the endless progression wheel also called the "gear treadmill". It is repeating the same content over and over and over again to get a piece of gear only to have it obsoleted with the next level cap increase or raid tier release.

I think you're confusing the compulsion to do everything presented to you at one time with being required to play that way. You're not. You can do what you want whenever you want. Last night I hit level 14 on my engineer and went straight to my housing quests and did those so I could set up my house. I started some science missions along the way but didn't complete them. I'l return to them later when I feel like it.

Well, I know what I meant by Hamster Wheel - I meant that with very little effort, content is just given to you.  I wasn't referring to progression or gear treadmill.

If I could turn off the Challenges, pop ups, and radio calls, and just perma-decline all "radioed" in quests and turn ins, I would be fine with that too.

• Raven322Raven322 Member UncommonPosts: 68

You can do all that now. Take quests as you want. If you don't want to do a challenge then ignore it and let it fail. You can always come back to it anytime you want to complete it. In fact you can repeat challenges as many times as you want, but there is a cooldown in between if you successfully complete them. You don't have to do anything you don't want to.

I don't think you understand what hamster wheel means in terms of mmo gaming. The "hamster wheel" is not a lot of things to do. The hamster wheel refers to the endless progression wheel also called the "gear treadmill". It is repeating the same content over and over and over again to get a piece of gear only to have it obsoleted with the next level cap increase or raid tier release.

I think you're confusing the compulsion to do everything presented to you at one time with being required to play that way. You're not. You can do what you want whenever you want. Last night I hit level 14 on my engineer and went straight to my housing quests and did those so I could set up my house. I started some science missions along the way but didn't complete them. I'l return to them later when I feel like it.

Well, I know what I meant by Hamster Wheel - I meant that with very little effort, content is just given to you.  I wasn't referring to progression or gear treadmill.

If I could turn off the Challenges, pop ups, and radio calls, and just perma-decline all "radioed" in quests and turn ins, I would be fine with that too.

I think quest-wise, Wildstar is pretty much identical to most MMO's. What makes it seem more hectic is the Challenges, There are a lot of them, and they stack up quickly.
     I can't say I see that as a bad thing however.

• HoiPoloiHoiPoloi Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Originally posted by Raven322

I think quest-wise, Wildstar is pretty much identical to most MMO's. What makes it seem more hectic is the Challenges, There are a lot of them, and they stack up quickly.

The great thing about challenges is that they are stored in your Challenge Log.  So you can come back, to restart them and do them later.  (I think there is a half hour cooldown between tries).

This is definitely something I plan to come back and do later once I reach max level.

Rithwis, Righteous Golem of Camelot | Skritha, Orc Archer of Tamriel | Bloodwod, Sawbones of Auraxis | Thrumdi, Blue Norn of Tyria | Gwidwod, Spider of the Ettenmoors | Gideon Slack, Hunter of Alsius

Originally posted by HoiPoloi
    Originally posted by Raven322

The great thing about challenges is that they are stored in your Challenge Log.  So you can come back, to restart them and do them later.  (I think there is a half hour cooldown between tries).

This is definitely something I plan to come back and do later once I reach max level.

Ahh.  Now this I was unaware of.  Thanks for the tip.  You know, the other thing I miss are printed guide books like Prima publishes.  I do understand that this is an MMO and is very dynamic, but it shure would be nice to have some written info that came directly from the developer, or that was in collaboration with the developer.  I've always been the RTFM type.

• funconfuncon Member UncommonPosts: 279

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to get people's opinion on the actual game interface - not just the physical UI, but isn't there just TOO MUCH STUFF going on your screen at any given time?

It truly gets confusing with SO MANY systems to keep track of, and automatic window pop-ups and not only indicators on the screen, but interruptions from NPC's hailing you over the radio spewing generic statements <---- this just get's downright annoying after a time. 

Another example is the "CHALLENGE!!" pop up that just appears out of thin air.  Sometimes all these pop-ups happen at the same time!  You are trying to address an NPC locally when another NPC radio's in to you with another quest update.

It's hard to explain, but I feel there is just "TOO MUCH GOING ON" and it's way too busy to just enjoy the scenery and run a few quests without getting caught up in the "paperwork".

What do you guys think?

Im with you on this. Especially the last part of your post. Its hard to enjoy the scenery with all the crap going on.

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Originally posted by IceAge
    Originally posted by cheyane
    I don't rush around .I take my time read and play. I was grouped with someone who wanted to rush got fed up with my pace but was reluctant to leave so I told him  to leave but he refused. So I left then came back ten minutes later and quested at my pace. People rush because everyone is always in a hurry. You may not realise this but you're doing it subconsciously ,you need to craft,get money,get mount,level and so on. Stop, take things slower and savour the game. It will become routine soon enough so take the experience slowly.

Exactly!

If you are feeling that is to much "in a rush" , then take it easy. 

Lots of things happen on-screen? That's because you keep ignoring them and don't take your time to read wtf means X and Y. 

The 3rd zone should be somehow "in a rush", because ... is a fucking war front. What do you expect? Butterfly's and Sheep's?

In the 4 zone however, things goes a bit "easy" , meaning is not a war front anymore, and it tells more the story. ( Oh shit  , but the 4 zone is a contested zone :D That if you are on a PvP server ) .

Also, if you have to many quests, why do you care? Just do the ones which are : close to you , appropriate level , zone story, world story . If you are level 17 and you have level 15 quests ( tasks ) .. then you have that X on the quest, press it :) 

Just to clarify, I am not a rush to max level type of player.  I like to stop "and smell the roses".  Immerse myself in the setting, lore, and take in the sights.  And to address your message (highlighted in yellow): quite the contrary!  I'm not ignoring anything - the interface, audio cues, and on-screen pops ups won't LET YOU ignore them!  They are invasive and too frequent for my taste.  When you are turning in a quest for NPC "X" (at the actual NPC "X"'s location)...you suddenly get a radio call from NPC "Y" about some other quest's objective that you may have not addressed yet.  Sometimes NPC "W" will radio in to you during another mission.  And to top it all off, the radio chatter audio is usually just the same quirky tag-line you've already heard a million times, while the text of the message contained in the pop-up relates to something else.  

Have you ever leveled-up in the middle of a fight?  BAM! More damn pop-ups!  The game is trying to explain something to you in the middle of your fight and you can get distracted.

Here's a breakdown of a typical mob fight:

You start off with a couple of abilities fired off, and perhaps kill one of the mobs -

"CHALLENGE!!!!" WTF? Now I have to read the challenge window pop up! AND I only have 3.5 minutes to complete it!

Well .. I may say doh, but then again, I might have more experience then you in mmo's and I like paying attention to what exactly is happening and why, on my screen. Sure, first time when I heard the word "CHALLENGE BEGINS" , I was like WTF? What should I do? ...But that was the first time ( or first few times ). Then I realise that once you kill a mob, it MAY start a challenge where all you need to do is ... bingo , kill more of the same mobs until time run's out. You don't need to read anything when you hear that. Or if you really want to read, finish your fight,calm down and read. You don't need to be a pro gamer to get that. Like I said, pay attention as to what X and Y means/do when they appear for the first time on your screen, and it will help you a lot while you level.

Now that mob's buddy showed up to the fight, got a couple of good swipes at ya and -

Oh god, my health-bar is almost gone!

BLEEP-BLEEP! "Heya Cupcake, I was just wondering if you found the missing kid yet?"

Oh crap, Deadeye, come help me!

Over exaggerating.. Cupcake? BLEEP BLEEP = a small and normal window on top of your screen and a very very small icon to press C . Well , don't press C until you killed the mobs. Voila. problem solved. Also, BLEEP BLEEP is..pretty rare. 

Oooh, I just leveled, I wonder what skill I just qualified for.  Let me click.....

"CHALLENGE FAILED!!" "REPEAT?"

Oh that's great! Good think you have a repeat option. So take your time and wonder what skills you just qualified for, then begin challenge again, or fuck it, as I usually do, and keep going with your main quests/tasks/etc .

BLEEP-BLEEP! Some random, repetative, non-conducive to the story sound byte

(no2) Over exaggerating .. Cupcake? Lot's of BLEEP BLEEP in just...several seconds, don't you think?

and....DEAD.

Hope you did bind yourself to the closest terminal.

I believe that there are Too much stuff going on. 

There, fixed it for you.

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Hey, I'm 55 years old and maybe my brain processes stuff different, but I haven't had a real problem except with Challenges. I don't care for them at all! Call me old school a bit, but I want to enjoy exploring and checking stuff out, not going as fast as I can to collect/kill in a certain amount of time.

At first I thought I would dislike the games animations, especially the loot dropping from the kill. The more I played it the more I really enjoy seeing stuff flying out of the bodies! 

The rest of the UI and such are pretty par for the course and I haven't a problem with any of it. Hotbars on the bottom, quests on the right hand side, mini-map in the upper right hand corner, and group info on the left. 

All in all I will say the game is very addictive and a total shocker to me. I didn't expect to like it as much as I have.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• AvulAvul Member Posts: 196
    It's fun to see how people are beginning to realize what one of WildStar's main problem is. The game is like a stroboscopic-disco-light-massacre. I couldn't stand the colours and the overall feeling was too hectic for me. I had to deinstall it.. it felt more like an arcade game than a real MMO.

Elite: Dangerous - Space Exploration & Trading.

Originally posted by zelaex
    It's fun to see how SOME people ( like me ) are beginning to realize what one of WildStar's main problem is. The game is like a stroboscopic-disco-light-massacre. I couldn't stand the colours and the overall feeling was too hectic for me. I had to deinstall it.. it felt more like an arcade game than a real MMO.

Fixed for you! You can thank me later.

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878

I think this game is tuned to catch a new generation of gamers. The old timers may find the game busy and disorienting. But think about how kids live these days continually checking phones, chatting, looking stuff up, multi-tasking, rarely concentrating on one task or person for more than 20 or 30 seconds. They are constantly plugged in. They don't feel the need to chill and play a game after a long day at work, like the old folks.

For them, the game might seem normal.

As others have mentioned, so far I can play in stretches of 30 minutes to an hour at most. I've made it to level 7. That's fine. There are a lot of things I like about the game and my class. But I can't play for long sessions. The other day, I was on the way to do a quest and I got hit by 3 challenges all at once. I literally didn't know what to do. So I just logged out.

Originally posted by d_20

I think this game is tuned to catch a new generation of gamers. The old timers may find the game busy and disorienting. But think about how kids live these days continually checking phones, chatting, looking stuff up, multi-tasking, rarely concentrating on one task or person for more than 20 or 30 seconds. They are constantly plugged in. They don't feel the need to chill and play a game after a long day at work, like the old folks.

For them, the game might seem normal.

As others have mentioned, so far I can play in stretches of 30 minutes to an hour at most. I've made it to level 7. That's fine. There are a lot of things I like about the game and my class. But I can't play for long sessions. The other day, I was on the way to do a quest and I got hit by 3 challenges all at once. I literally didn't know what to do. So I just logged out.

True about the new generation of gamers.

Also, you made me lol irl :) Yes, at first you MAY see pretty often challenges, but really .. I ignore most of them. If they pop up , just .. keep going with that you do , then .. if anything you can repeat or... go on. Challenges are optional so is no biggy if you skip them.

• WightyWighty Member UncommonPosts: 699
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Assault on my senses is what it felt like for me in Beta. Playing Wildstar is like spending time inside of a busy Las Vegas Casino - after 30 min I just feel drained from the onslaught of noise, flashing lights and general chaos. Some find it exciting. I find it torturous.

Yeah I feel the same exact way.... so much visual clutter.

When you go into a quest hub it is hard to tell what items are just clutter and what items are actually interactive...

If it weren't for the icons that designate what you can intereact with it would be a disaster. This game leads you by the nose but clubs you like a baby seal with all the busy "shinyness"

Makes me want to:

What are your other Hobbies?

Gaming is Dirt Cheap compared to this...

Originally posted by Wighty
    Assault on my senses is what it felt like for me in Beta. Playing Wildstar is like spending time inside of a busy Las Vegas Casino - after 30 min I just feel drained from the onslaught of noise, flashing lights and general chaos. Some find it exciting. I find it torturous.

When you go into a quest hub it is hard to tell what items are just clutter and what items are actually interactive...

If it weren't for the icons that designate what you can intereact with it would be a disaster. This game leads you by the nose but clubs you like a baby seal with all the busy "shinyness"

Makes me want to:

Huh, I haven't had one problem with discerning quest givers and other important npcs. When I went into the military years ago they gave me a test to ensure I wasn't color blind. I past it and was able to wire circuitry on aircraft weapons systems with no problems for about 20 years. Maybe you ought to see about taking one of these fancy tests. 

edit: snipped rainbow man

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Originally posted by mark2123

Up until literally yesterday, I was in love with this game.  Then I went to the third or fourth zone (currently Level 17) and it just dawned on me that there are just too many quests to accept all at once with som many places to run to and kill stuff.  It's becoming repetitive already.  I've got about 25 quests all active and all close ot each other and I feel like as soon as I complete one I get two more - I'm not compelled to read the text as I'm just rushing to get everything done, because I've also got hardly and cash for crafting etc so need to get a move on to make money.

Well the thing is... you actually dont need to do all the quests. its left quite open which can be a bit overwhelming to players. Some zones do have more of a linear chain (few spots in farside, and the later zones are more restricted) though most of it is rather open. Chances are you will be skipping many of the quests. I can see it still overwhelming people with the mentality "I need to do this all" when you likely do not want to do that if you want to level up to max anytime quick.

I don't rush around .I take my time read and play. I was grouped with someone who wanted to rush got fed up with my pace but was reluctant to leave so I told him  to leave but he refused. So I left then came back ten minutes later and quested at my pace. People rush because everyone is always in a hurry. You may not realise this but you're doing it subconsciously ,you need to craft,get money,get mount,level and so on. Stop, take things slower and savour the game. It will become routine soon enough so take the experience slowly.

Exactly!

If you are feeling that is to much "in a rush" , then take it easy. 

Lots of things happen on-screen? That's because you keep ignoring them and don't take your time to read wtf means X and Y. 

The 3rd zone should be somehow "in a rush", because ... is a fucking war front. What do you expect? Butterfly's and Sheep's?

In the 4 zone however, things goes a bit "easy" , meaning is not a war front anymore, and it tells more the story. ( Oh shit  , but the 4 zone is a contested zone :D That if you are on a PvP server ) .

Also, if you have to many quests, why do you care? Just do the ones which are : close to you , appropriate level , zone story, world story . If you are level 17 and you have level 15 quests ( tasks ) .. then you have that X on the quest, press it :) 

Just to clarify, I am not a rush to max level type of player.  I like to stop "and smell the roses".  Immerse myself in the setting, lore, and take in the sights.  And to address your message (highlighted in yellow): quite the contrary!  I'm not ignoring anything - the interface, audio cues, and on-screen pops ups won't LET YOU ignore them!  They are invasive and too frequent for my taste.  When you are turning in a quest for NPC "X" (at the actual NPC "X"'s location)...you suddenly get a radio call from NPC "Y" about some other quest's objective that you may have not addressed yet.  Sometimes NPC "W" will radio in to you during another mission.  And to top it all off, the radio chatter audio is usually just the same quirky tag-line you've already heard a million times, while the text of the message contained in the pop-up relates to something else.  

Have you ever leveled-up in the middle of a fight?  BAM! More damn pop-ups!  The game is trying to explain something to you in the middle of your fight and you can get distracted.

Here's a breakdown of a typical mob fight:

You start off with a couple of abilities fired off, and perhaps kill one of the mobs -

"CHALLENGE!!!!" WTF? Now I have to read the challenge window pop up! AND I only have 3.5 minutes to complete it!

Well .. I may say doh, but then again, I might have more experience then you in mmo's and I like paying attention to what exactly is happening and why, on my screen. Sure, first time when I heard the word "CHALLENGE BEGINS" , I was like WTF? What should I do? ...But that was the first time ( or first few times ). Then I realise that once you kill a mob, it MAY start a challenge where all you need to do is ... bingo , kill more of the same mobs until time run's out. You don't need to read anything when you hear that. Or if you really want to read, finish your fight,calm down and read. You don't need to be a pro gamer to get that. Like I said, pay attention as to what X and Y means/do when they appear for the first time on your screen, and it will help you a lot while you level.

Now that mob's buddy showed up to the fight, got a couple of good swipes at ya and -

Oh god, my health-bar is almost gone!

BLEEP-BLEEP! "Heya Cupcake, I was just wondering if you found the missing kid yet?"

Oh crap, Deadeye, come help me!

Over exaggerating.. Cupcake? BLEEP BLEEP = a small and normal window on top of your screen and a very very small icon to press C . Well , don't press C until you killed the mobs. Voila. problem solved. Also, BLEEP BLEEP is..pretty rare. 

Oooh, I just leveled, I wonder what skill I just qualified for.  Let me click.....

"CHALLENGE FAILED!!" "REPEAT?"

Oh that's great! Good think you have a repeat option. So take your time and wonder what skills you just qualified for, then begin challenge again, or fuck it, as I usually do, and keep going with your main quests/tasks/etc .

BLEEP-BLEEP! Some random, repetative, non-conducive to the story sound byte

(no2) Over exaggerating .. Cupcake? Lot's of BLEEP BLEEP in just...several seconds, don't you think?

and....DEAD.

Hope you did bind yourself to the closest terminal.

I believe that there are Too much stuff going on. 

There, fixed it for you.

I believe that there are Too much stuff going on. 

There, fixed it for you.

Wow.  How thoughtful that you attempted to correct what I was thinking inside my own head, and which I explicitly wrote in my original post.   However,  you didn't fix anything.  At least not grammatically.   

Did you even read my original post?  I'll cut and paste  the last 2 sentences here for you again:

"It's hard to explain, but I feel there is just "TOO MUCH GOING ON" and it's way too busy to just enjoy the scenery and run a few quests without getting caught up in the "paperwork".

What do you guys think?"

Singular. First person. Me. My opinion, my feeling.

Look at the date on my username.  <---------------- This isn't my first MMO rodeo, much like it isn't yours either. 

This thread was not started as a flame, "let's hate on WS", or a /ragequit.  I bought the game just like everyone else did and I am asking for a discussion on what other players feel about the interface, which I feel is manic.

You know, instead of being condescending and rude, try being kind once in a while.  It takes less energy and goes a lot further in this world!

• WightyWighty Member UncommonPosts: 699
    Originally posted by Amjoco
    Originally posted by Wighty

Makes me want to:

Huh, I haven't had one problem with discerning quest givers and other important npcs. When I went into the military years ago they gave me a test to ensure I wasn't color blind. I past it and was able to wire circuitry on aircraft weapons systems with no problems for about 20 years. Maybe you ought to see about taking one of these fancy tests. 

edit: snipped rainbow man

I was saying if it were not for the "capt obvious" markers indicating what is what, it would be difficult... because of the insane amount of visual clutter in a given area... Maybe I am just old school and not used to everything being so over the top...

As DMK said..... Assault on the senses.

What are your other Hobbies?

Gaming is Dirt Cheap compared to this...

I believe that there are Too much stuff going on. 

There, fixed it for you.

Wow.  How thoughtful that you attempted to correct what I was thinking inside my own head, and which I explicitly wrote in my original post.   However,  you didn't fix anything.  At least not grammatically.   

Did you even read my original post?  I'll cut and paste  the last 2 sentences here for you again:

"It's hard to explain, but I feel there is just "TOO MUCH GOING ON" and it's way too busy to just enjoy the scenery and run a few quests without getting caught up in the "paperwork".

What do you guys think?"

Singular. First person. Me. My opinion, my feeling.

Look at the date on my username.  <---------------- This isn't my first MMO rodeo, much like it isn't yours either. 

This thread was not started as a flame, "let's hate on WS", or a /ragequit.  I bought the game just like everyone else did and I am asking for a discussion on what other players feel about the interface, which I feel is manic.

You know, instead of being condescending and rude, try being kind once in a while.  It takes less energy and goes a lot further in this world!

I like that your trying to filter out the problems and have a discussion.

I guess what it comes down to is being able to figure out what kind of game you like, and what kind of games there are. If your able to determine that ESO looks different than WS and play them accordingly, you will have a better time with them. Wildstar is a brightly animated game, and if you/we can accept it as that and play it with a positive attitude it will be much more enjoyable. I'm not sure if that makes sense, but to me it comes down to accepting different games for what they are, and accepting them, or, just not playing them. 

Wildstar has over the top animation, there is no secret about that. It is getting awesome reviews from column editors and fans alike. I think I read on IGN that the community has rated it somewhere around a 9.7% out of 10. Those people probably scored it high because they have accepted the game for what it is. /shrug