Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How is this game?

2»

Comments

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Is the game optimized yet?  
  • OriousOrious Member UncommonPosts: 548
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by Cleverjack
    How is this game you ask? Well Wildstar is like my girlfriend's breasts, full, enticing, and filled with wonderment that easily gets me excited. :-) You are welcome

If Wildstar was anyone's girlfriend she'd have a tasklist for you to complete every 5 minutes.

But after each task there's a surprise reward... most are repeatative...all are optional?

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Are you solo questing from A - Z? I want a game where people are grouping up doing different things.
  • HoiPoloiHoiPoloi Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Originally posted by TheQuietGamer
    Originally posted by thegoodgamer
    Is this game very WOW like? I heard it's WOW mixed with Guild Wars 2. Looking for something new to play after ESO left a very negative impact on me at VR level grinding. 

This game basically does what wow did many years ago- it takes the good parts of other mmo's on the market and brings them together very effectively.  

To me it feels like WOW 2.  It has dynamic combat (while avoiding that horrible hybrid neither-here-nor-there thing GW2 had) which works very well.  It has trinity thus avoiding clusterfucks in dungeons.  

There is nothing new here (but then there hasn't been in any mmo for more than a decade (and yes that includes the superficial changes in GW2)) but what there is is very well put together.  

I'd agree, and say overall Wildstar does action combat far better that GW2.

While GW2 feels a little smoother, WIldstar's slightly slower pace and visible telegraphs make it more strategic.  It seems like the best combination between old school and new combat.

Rithwis, Righteous Golem of Camelot | Skritha, Orc Archer of Tamriel | Bloodwod, Sawbones of Auraxis | Thrumdi, Blue Norn of Tyria | Gwidwod, Spider of the Ettenmoors | Gideon Slack, Hunter of Alsius

• BoochBooch Member UncommonPosts: 23
    I like the game although a little laggy in highly populated area for my older system (1st gen i7, AMD 5700, 8GB RAM). I'm only level 16 but it definitely does not have a hold on me. I really dislike the telegraph system as I find I'm staring at the ground in real life to avoid the red stuff. I kid, but you know what I mean.  All-in-all its a pretty good game but I will likely move on after the first month as it does not have enough zing for me to pay a monthly sub.
  • RoadRebelRoadRebel Member UncommonPosts: 33

Just thought i would chime in also.. played upto lvl 17 and just cant be bothered to log in again. The game looks like wow.. plays like wow (slightly different but just another mmo combat system nothing new really)  The bg i played in was way more fun than wow though. 

The odd thing is that playing this game for a few days made me want to play wow... and i detest wow since the panda crap. So no mmo for now:)

P.S. i hate when people compare crap to wow.. but in this case its 100% true..

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083

It's not a bad game. The questing is fun but basic, the combat needs a lot of work, the framerate issues are supposedly being resolved in short order.

The housing, art, and story are top notch, but the game isn't without problems. I feel like there should of been more of a dungeon focus on release. It's not nearly as buggy as ESO was at release.

Both of the newest releases have their strong and low points. WS isn't the best game in the world, but it should tide over the WoW fans among us until WoD is released, and it should maintain a niche following after that much the same way Rift has over the years.

It's your average stylized themepark with a few interesting new concepts that I love, but at it's core it's WoW with clunky action combat in my humble opinion. Love it or hate it, I think WildStar is here to stay as a nice niche alternative to WoW for years to come, and hey, you may like it even  better yourself.

The only way to truly find out is to test it out for yourself.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.