Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game is hard.

shadylurkershadylurker Member Posts: 47
And I like it this way.  The solo PVE is easy, but that first adventure at level 15 sure is a wake up call.  After attempting it 5 times on the 6th I finally got a group that didn't give up after the 3rd wipe.  10 wipes later I think I can say that was the hardest lowbie level group content I have done in an MMO.  Can't wait to see what the dungeons are like.  even more so the raids.

Comments

• RasiemRasiem Member UncommonPosts: 318
    Enjoy it while it lasts it will be nerfed soon because all the babies will cry about the difficulty this is what happens in every MMO and its due to the games trying to apeal to younger and younger crowds. Enjoy your stay though im still hoping to get a key and play so send me a key if you can :P. Currently playing ESO and theres not a challenge to be seen in that game its just one faceroll after the next LOL!!.
  • ProblemProblem Member UncommonPosts: 77
    Mkay. 

Citizen: Preach your filth elsewhere!

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Originally posted by rasiem
    Enjoy it while it lasts it will be nerfed soon because all the babies will cry about the difficulty this is what happens in every MMO and its due to the games trying to apeal to younger and younger crowds. 

Lots of people were crying all over the beta about the difficulty.

Carbine stated numerous times they are NOT nerfing difficulty.

They didn't nerf it before release, they aren't going to nerf it now.

..Cake..

• DrucalionDrucalion Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Originally posted by sgel
    Enjoy it while it lasts it will be nerfed soon because all the babies will cry about the difficulty this is what happens in every MMO and its due to the games trying to apeal to younger and younger crowds. 

Ofcourse they will nerf it. When they start to lose subscriptions because of the difficulty level they will be forced to nerf it - money talks.  You seem to have a lot of faith in what the developers say they are not going to do. God forbid that they go back on their word and nerf it, I mean that's never happened in other MMO's before - oh wait, it does happen in nearly every Mmo that has been released lol.

• SaluteSalute Member UncommonPosts: 795
    Originally posted by shadylurker
    And I like it this way.  The solo PVE is easy, but that first adventure at level 15 sure is a wake up call.  After attempting it 5 times on the 6th I finally got a group that didn't give up after the 3rd wipe.  10 wipes later I think I can say that was the hardest lowbie level group content I have done in an MMO.  Can't wait to see what the dungeons are like.  even more so the raids.

You havent experienced Dungeons and think adventures hard? Wait to see Dungeons then :)

All Time Favorites: EQ1, WoW, EvE, GW1
    Playing Now: WoW, ESO, GW2

• CleverjackCleverjack Member UncommonPosts: 72
    OT totally agree with you. I don't know anything about the questing cause I just pvp, but when I unlocked the adventure I tried it as a healer. The first run through we didn't make it pass the 2nd boss. We wiped 6 times on that boss and everyone called it quits. my send group we wiped, lol but we kept at it and finally got through it, and at the end of the entire thing we felt like certified badasses for beating it  /Flex. I hope they don't nerf the difficulty, because its rewarding when you finally beat it, you feel accomplished. Its frustrating as hell, and a few times I wondered if I was just a crap healer, but the pay off at the end was such worth.

• The.agGThe.agG Member Posts: 119

I like how some people are feeling proud because of clearing the first adventure after 6-10 wipes.

Just an fyi, this isn't even what's hard in this game. Wait till you get to 50 and try the Vet dungeons. That is what the hard part of the game is. People at 50 think of adventures as easy.

In Vet Dungeons, you get one-shotted easily resulting in a certain wipe and if you have even one wipe during the run you are no longer making gold from it making the run pointless. This is where the majority of the complaints are from. It looks like a minority because very few are at the end-game. People at lvl 15'ish dont have time to complain and they don't care two bits about those "hard" adventures. Wait till you reach 50 and then see the tunes change.

• HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    Originally posted by Drucalion

Ofcourse they will nerf it. When they start to lose subscriptions because of the difficulty level they will be forced to nerf it - money talks.  You seem to have a lot of faith in what the developers say they are not going to do. God forbid that they go back on their word and nerf it, I mean that's never happened in other MMO's before - oh wait, it does happen in nearly every Mmo that has been released lol.

While it is true many games get their content nerfed, but what actually game has lost players due to it being challenging? From what i know, none. Most companies nerf content thinking it's easy money, but i yet to see a game become highly successful because of this.  

• koljanekoljane Member UncommonPosts: 171

100% True.

The stated that the whole point is to be hard, so players will look at the shiny loot as something they earned hard (like in vanilla wow).

Also they stated that they don`t swim in clouds and expect million(s) subs.

After 10 years of WOW and so many expansions and nerfs of everything that was good about the game so kids can have epic gear one thing stand as a fact: "PEOPLE ARE STILL STANDING IN THE FIRE". 

So, if you want to stand in the corner cause you are afk or don`t wanna kill trash cause it is boring or just wanna get easy kill and wait for loot then Wildstar is not the game for you.

There is always mmorpg to come and start trolling about game and at the end who cares Cupcake !!!

• ArthasmArthasm Member UncommonPosts: 785
    Huh? I'm not playing, but there's already noobs crying for nerf? Reason I didn't like game because of boring questing, but nerfing will be final decision to not touch game later... Aren't there like billions super-easy-solo MMOs?
  • fodell54fodell54 Member RarePosts: 865

Says the TOR fan. Go back to your cut scenes and linear game play. Harping on another MMO when the one you like sucks.

For shame! 

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,455
    Originally posted by koljane

100% True.

The stated that the whole point is to be hard, so players will look at the shiny loot as something they earned hard (like in vanilla wow).

Also they stated that they don`t swim in clouds and expect million(s) subs.

After 10 years of WOW and so many expansions and nerfs of everything that was good about the game so kids can have epic gear one thing stand as a fact: "PEOPLE ARE STILL STANDING IN THE FIRE". 

So, if you want to stand in the corner cause you are afk or don`t wanna kill trash cause it is boring or just wanna get easy kill and wait for loot then Wildstar is not the game for you.

There is always mmorpg to come and start trolling about game and at the end who cares Cupcake !!!

Welcome to MMOs!   Despite the promises developers make (and they all keep promises, right?)  this will be nerfed if enough players have a problem.  

• OriousOrious Member UncommonPosts: 548
    I don't like Wildstar, but I for one hope it DOESN'T get nerfed. AAA devs need to learn to stick to their design strategies and stop trying to cater to every freakin person.

• jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962

The best part is when you finally manage to do this "simple lowbie" thing after 10 wipes.

I refused to give up and encouraged my group to keep trying. First group thing is sacred. No fail accepted.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

At lower levels, people make the game even harder in groups.....

You cant heal or Tank witouth support power... 

And yet we had 7 healers join us back to back to be asked to leave because they had no support power...

Yes all classes have 2 roles... but with the current system not at the same time.

Even solo, the game is hard... when you get adds, in generall you know you are in trouble..

And there are patrolls everywhere

And elite and boss mobs mixed up with the solo content..

Yes, these guys know how to make a challenging game, thats not frustrating and and lots of fun to play

This might be it, the game so many of us have been wayting for

If one things this game is boring, then they might best quit playing MMO´s

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265

i find game too easy:/ all u need do is move out hits/aoes and smash buttons.

game feels too much looney toons. got bored play game at 16 lvl. there is no challenge.

• cylon8cylon8 Member UncommonPosts: 362
    I'm gonna say this the pve is very geard that it sould be done co-op and it's evident that at some point there is a foundation in for f2p given the pay to rez that's in the game. that being said I am shocked I hated the beta experience but now that I'm in the live game world I al liking it a lot. there's elements of frustration in the mountain of quests but honesly the humor and kinda adult tone...hello genocide....is catching me. that and well I got frustrated and dropped my trade pack after getting killed by a level 50 mob in archeage and now the pack is stuck behind them ugh!

so say we all

• FurellFurell Member Posts: 42
    Some guys are trying to act smart by telling us every MMO gets nerfed to the ground eventually. Well, how did that turn out for them? Almost everyone playing Wildstar want to get a challenge and the MMO crowd have been asking so long for a MMO which gets hard. Why would someone think they would remove one of their biggest selling points? Which in this case is the difficulty. Would be really stupid to nerf everything imo, and in that case yes money talks. In a bad way if they do nerf the content.
  • SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114
    Originally posted by DMKano

Hard and Easy are very subjective depending on player skill, build, gear , play style etc...

Some players are capable of soloing group content while others struggle with a single mob below their level.

Happens in almost every MMO - I remember a lvl 50 warrior in EQ1 back in 1999 having a hell of time soloing a single lizard man in temple of Cazic Thule - while a 29 bard could kite a group of them without getting hit once.

Just because a MMO is hard for YOU, it does not make it hard for everyone else.

Well,...this game is hard for many in certain areas.     I have soloed some Prime mobs that are Wanted targets for 2+ players, yet I've seen many people struggle to get it down 10% before dying a horrible death.   The thing is I'm using every cooldown in my arsenal, including a health injection (potion).   Only a few have I managed to kill on the 1st try, but have either died or booked it the hell out of there in the last nick of time on many of them.

The game's Adventures and Dungeons are nightmarish, to say the least.  I'm already sick and tired of tanks that just stand inside the large telegraphs thinking that their Armor or whatever will just "absorb" it;  seriously this isn't the game for newb tanks who just face-tank.    Me and a guildmate were laughing our asses off after killing StormTalon on what seemed to be the 8th attempt with some PUGs due to the tank continually standing in the lightning while being focus of his 2nd phase attacks. 

Oh, and don't get me started on those Witches in Kel Vorath; they alone will make a group rage the *bleep* out of there like there was no tomorrow.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by fodell54

Says the TOR fan. Go back to your cut scenes and linear game play. Harping on another MMO when the one you like sucks.

For shame! 

The shame here is getting blasted for harping on WS when he didn't. His post was about the average tendencies we see in this genre, IE DEVs caving to the masses will. Happens all the time.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Jimmy562Jimmy562 Member UncommonPosts: 1,158
    I was expecting the first Adventure to be difficult based on what everybody was saying, however it was pretty easy the first time I tried. Didn't complete it though as it bugged out and even deleted my weapon somehow, not sure if it gets more challenging but it wasn't hard at all up to that point. 
  • BearKnightBearKnight Member CommonPosts: 461

I got a good chuckle from that Title. 

Want to know what's hard? 

EQ

EQII

DAOC

SWG

Want to know what's easy?

WoW

WildStar

RIFT

ESO

GW2

WildStar is probably one of the easiest i've tried lately. I didn't buy launch, but i played beta just up until launch. If you think WildStar is "Hard" then you probably came directly from WoW where pressing 5 buttons in a row == win.

WildStar, is NOT "Hard".

Originally posted by BearKnight

WildStar, is NOT "Hard".

By MMO standards Wildstar dungeons are hard.

If you don't think so, you haven't played them.

It's quite simple.

..Cake..

• ValkaernValkaern Member UncommonPosts: 497

Wow, no, it isn't for anyone familar with MMOs, we got through it with zero difficulty.

So far, very disappointed that I gave this game a 2nd chance.

Linear, predictable, endless twenty 1 minute chore grinding. It feels like a game made for little brothers and sisters that watched WoW over your shoulder, but were too young to play.

It's my own fault, played the beta and hated it, but we decided it might have come a long way since last year. It didn't.

I really wanted it to be good, I assumed the lack of depth and challenge was a beta thing. Guess that's just what they were aiming for.

Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by BearKnight

WildStar, is NOT "Hard".

By MMO standards Wildstar dungeons are hard.

If you don't think so, you haven't played them.

It's quite simple.

What MMO standards exactly?

EQ1 raids that required 100+ players were inifinintly harder.

You are buying into WS Dev sales pitch that WS has the best Raids - they don't because there is no "universal best" when it comes to entertainment.

What is best to one person is not the best to all people.

Well don't you have raids in Wildstar that 2 x 40man groups need to kill a boss at the same time or something? That sounds hard. 

As for DUNGEONS, (not raids), I've done some... they are hard. You get a group of experienced raiders/dungeon runners and you often wipe, because there's interesting unforgiving mechanics. You have experienced guilds that call Wildstar heroic dungeons brutal.

I mean what more do you want? What's your criteria on what dungeons are hard or not?

Also, stop thinking people are thinking they are having fun because they listen to the marketing crap. People are actually playing the game... the fun I'm having isn't because of the advertising... it's because of the game I'm playing :)

..Cake..