Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rick Heaton: One of the reasons People are leaving LOTRO

Last week I posted on the LOTRO forum suggestions post. It was quickly over run with naysayers and those who would seek to dismiss an idea without discussing it. I tried pushing them in the right direction and restated my ideas only to be shot down and eventually have 'Comstrike' (Sapience's pal) dismiss the entire thread and suggest the thread be closed. I objected staing he hasn't the right. 

Apparently I was wrong. I reported Comstrike for his rude behavior and breach of forum rules only to have Sapience (Rick Heaton) Ban by forum access without even a PM or warning. I looked over my posts and read the user agreement and I cannot find any reason for the ban. I have tried contacting them but they have yet to even respond once. I am a subscriber to the game with a 6 month active subscription so I am at a loss to the reasoning behind the ban.

You can see the post here: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?549166-Thoughts-for-a-sustained-game-beyond-Mordor&highlight=mordor+and+beyond

I have researched Rick Heaton and found that other people are unhappy with him as can seen from this edited photo: 

http://oi62.tinypic.com/w9tq2o.jpg

Other posts have been taken down that accused Mr Heaton (sapience) of favoritism; particularly surrounding the upcoming meet and greet he is hosting in Niagara Falls, Canada; where he is only responding to his online pal's RSVPs

So my question to any developers from Turbine who may read this: Why employ someone who drives your customers away? Rick Heaton is supposed to be the community manager. Is this how Turbine wants him managing their community?

LOTRO is already floundering. With the release of anticipated games like Wildstar, many servers are becoming ghost towns. Can Turbine really afford to treat its customers this way? If they think so, why would anyone want to be their customer? 

Comments

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Please don't drag drama from the LOTRO official forums over to here. Our forums are here to discuss the game and no one here can assist you with your issue. I suggest getting in touch with Turbine with your concerns.

Locking.

This discussion has been closed.