Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would you preorder?

DarkchronicDarkchronic Member Posts: 1,088

I was just wondering, if Icarus started taking preorders for Fallen Earth, would you preorder?

---------------------------------------
No Userbar here, sorry to disappoint.

Comments

• sinothsinoth Member Posts: 175

In a heartbeat.

http://www.fallenearth.se - Your source for Fallen Earth information

• darkasterdarkaster Member Posts: 187

Yes.

• Hardware-DCHardware-DC Member Posts: 95
    Where do I sign image

http://www.durmanhoth-clan.com DC Main Page
    http://www.durmanhoth-clan.com/apocalypse Sci-Fi / Apoc Theme Forums
    http://www.durmanhoth-clan.com/citadel DnD Style Theme forums (coming soon)

• StowawayStowaway Member Posts: 165

Depends.

Two main things would be, what am i getting for my early faith and loyalty, and when is it actually out.

If the circumstance is reasonable, then of course, id be more than willing, some companys do pre-orders too early.

• StedfastStedfast Member Posts: 101
    Most Likely
  • CthulhuvongCthulhuvong Member UncommonPosts: 433

Like Stowaway said, if the circumstances are reasonable then yea. Depending on how far along they are and how good the game is.

Waiting For: something good
    Games Tried: SWTOR, Star Trek Online, EQ, EQ2, Earth and Beyond, Planetside, Lineage 2, Eve Online, WoW, City of Heroes, City of Villians, Auto Assault, Fallen Earth
    Star Wars: Galaxies - Ibra Olasi (Valcyn Server) [Dead, screw you SOE]

• DarkchronicDarkchronic Member Posts: 1,088

Originally posted by Cthulhuvong
    Like Stowaway said, if the circumstances are reasonable then yea. Depending on how far along they are and how good the game is.

How would you know how good the game is? Most people just preorder games out of blind faith. Dark and Light anyone?

Incidentally, I would preorder.

---------------------------------------
    No Userbar here, sorry to disappoint.

• X-SoDX-SoD Member Posts: 2

Hey first time posting but ive been lurking for a while now.

yes i would preorder right now even if it had a shakey release date ide do it.

• SlagathorSlagathor Member Posts: 37
    Yes, I'd definitely preorder.

Originally posted by Darkchronic
    How would you know how good the game is? Most people just preorder games out of blind faith. Dark and Light anyone?Incidentally, I would preorder.

I would wait and see how the beta was before deciding. See what they were showing us, what people were saying on their boards and off their boards. If I thought it was going places I'd definately pre-order. If I had to decide on what I saw now, I would say if they keep going like they are now they're definately pre-order worthy.

Games Tried: SWTOR, Star Trek Online, EQ, EQ2, Earth and Beyond, Planetside, Lineage 2, Eve Online, WoW, City of Heroes, City of Villians, Auto Assault, Fallen Earth

• EdgthoEdgtho Member Posts: 40

Originally posted by Cthulhuvong
    I would wait and see how the beta was before deciding. See what they were showing us, what people were saying on their boards and off their boards. If I thought it was going places I'd definately pre-order. If I had to decide on what I saw now, I would say if they keep going like they are now they're definately pre-order worthy.

Likewise. Nothing against Icarus, but there are too many factors that can come up prior to a game's release for such an early pre-order to be prudent. Games can certainly tank during or after beta, but at least at that point, you'd have something tangible to go on.

-----------------------------------
    Go you must.
    No guest shall stay
    in one place for ever.
    Love will be lost
    if you sit too long
    at a friend's fire.

-- The Havamal

• GrimCreepGrimCreep Member Posts: 121
    Does a bear shit in the woods?

Lead with your face and role with the punches.

• RipperjackAURipperjackAU Member Posts: 124
    My heart would say... YES!! Go, Go, Go! Order now!

but my head would say... Hold up there! Lets just wait and see what they have to offer first.

So at this stage of development, with only a hand full of screen shots and a web site that is about 2 years old with next to no updates image, I would really have to wait and see what they have to offer first.
  • A1learjetA1learjet Member UncommonPosts: 258

For games I am really intrested in and like I will and as stated in other posts thats becoming more and more the norm...I would.. I have really been looking for a SciFi/Scifantasy project like this for a looong time.

Robert

Originally posted by GrimCreep
    Does a bear shit in the woods?
    I keep telling you I don't know ::::35::

• drycatdrycat Member Posts: 119

I would definitely wait until the game was further along. I usually don't preorder until the game is nearly upon it's launch date or the preorder period is nearing its end. Which is just saying I don't know what Icarus has to offer right now, other than concepts and screenshots. Preordering on faith is just a waste of money. image

• RabiatorRabiator Member Posts: 358

Like Cthulhuvong and Edghto, I would like to see a beta as proof that there is a real game behind the announcements. Given that, I might preorder. Which would be an unusual vote of confidence on my part, usually I let others test the waters first.

• FalendorFalendor Member UncommonPosts: 81
    I would like to say that i would preorder, but i would like to see some beta tests first.  This game looks really cool but i have been disaponted with many games i have wated years to play.
  • SecondPrizeSecondPrize Member Posts: 1

If devs hold to their insane ideas about product quality being more important than hype... yes.

Hi all.

• gibalgibal Member Posts: 3

I wouldnt have to think about it, i'll preorder it

Hell i'll sell my sister if i have to! image

btw Nice to meet you guys

• Hardware-DCHardware-DC Member Posts: 95
    How much for your sister?  image

http://www.durmanhoth-clan.com DC Main Page
    http://www.durmanhoth-clan.com/apocalypse Sci-Fi / Apoc Theme Forums
    http://www.durmanhoth-clan.com/citadel DnD Style Theme forums (coming soon)

• KohrathKohrath Member Posts: 35

Yes.

FallenEarth.se - Your source for Fallen Earth information.