Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How is the Crafting and PVP?

rubydragon5rubydragon5 Member UncommonPosts: 693

Is the pvp any fun? any cons or pros to winning or losing a fight?

Is crafting worth it at all, is it any fun?

Im looking for a new MMO and SWTOR is catching my eye

Comments

• ImpacthoundImpacthound Member UncommonPosts: 367
    Originally posted by rubydragon5

Is the pvp any fun? any cons or pros to winning or losing a fight?

Is crafting worth it at all, is it any fun?

Im looking for a new MMO and SWTOR is catching my eye

Like the above poster, the space combat and huttball are unique, they might catch your eye. space combat is really hard to get geared without Cartel Coins & subscribing though, but it's worth trying to see if you like it free first.

Crafting isn't fun. You pick a recipe and wait 5 minutes to an hour while the item "bakes" with a companion missing. You can make money with it, but it takes awhile.

• trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

Crafting is mostly worthless.

Cybertech lets you make armor (and mods) for orange shell armor (that is, upgradeable) as well as augment kits, which is a good way to make money (sorta) at end game

Biochem lets you make useful stuff - medkits and such

Artifice lets you make dye, lightsaber hilts (only worth it at max level), and enhancement mods for gear.

The rest is largely worthless

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    Largely worthless and yet my synthweaver,armormech,armstech and my biochem all make money. The augment market is where the former three make their credits and the latter on implants. The cybertech on their mods also sell purples very well. All my characters are very well outfitted to boot. Hardly worthless.
    Chamber of Chains
  • mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768

I am a PVEr and I hate PVP with all my hurt, but the PVP in SWTOR I love it, I love it because is a team effort, there is no one hiding behind a tree to go ganking on you while you are doing missions, even the starfigther ,no matter that new players are in a huge disavantage against those who have ships from the cash shop, still the little damage you do is recognized.

I have done the huttball, the defend the towers, etc etc and I die a lot but I still love it, that is the kind of PVP I always dreamed about but for many years was shattered by the gankers.

Crafting is meh, but if you get the right profession you can make some serious money in the auction house. Plus if you have more than one toon, you can have them different professions and help your other toons with the items needed.

want 7 free days of playing? Try this

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY