Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need help in decision

tparris321tparris321 Member CommonPosts: 6

Ok so here's my situation. I have wanted to buy Guild Wars 2 since it's launch and have been following it off and on since then. I'm 15 and thus have bad spending habits. Each time i "rediscover" this game i never have money to go out and get it and i don't like asking my mom for money. This time, however, i do have the money to go get it but there's another problem. I really want to go shopping for new clothes but i also want to save my money for later in case i need it. I'm really indecisive and have been thinking about this for weeks now. I've also been looking a lot into the guild wars lore and reading about the living story currently going on, so it's making me want to get it even more. I have been trying to weigh the options and decide what's best. On one hand i know this game is fun(played in like 2 beta weekends) and has a lot of content. I also know that(depending on who you ask) the game has improved a lot since launch and is worth more now than it was then. But i know that it's very hard for me to stay interested in a game for more than a month or two because i get lonely and move on. I'm hoping this will be the game that changes that since it has WVW and world events where a bunch of players come together. On the other hand i really want new clothes and shoes because i feel like my wardrobe is extremely outdated. Im in the process of moving and the school i was previously at had uniforms so there wasn't much need for shopping other than for weekends. The school i'm going to doesn't have uniforms so i need a new closet to fit the area. Plus my style is constantly changing and so am i(I used to be really fat and have since lost a lot of weight). So it's either buy this game or buy new clothes.....kinda. i have enough money to buy the game and a few things but not enough. especially considering how much cute clothes cost these days. I don't know how much insight the people here can offer considering that most aren't teenagers in high school lol. But then my birthday is in like a month so im hoping to get some more money to go shopping with. Idk I really don't know what to do and sorry for this "story".  So any advice would be greatly appreciated. Tbh i really just want a nice summer game bc when school starts back up i know i'm probably going to be too busy to play except for maybe on the weekends(stupid ap classes)  So thank you for your time in reading this and i look forward to the wonderful comments that shall hopefully ensue.

ps: if anyone wants to like slide a copy my way or something that would be amazing. Like i could def pay you back in like friendship or like "work" for you in a sense ingame idk. just throwing that out there......

Comments

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671
    Buy clothes now ask for GW2 for birthday.  Profit.

Steam: Neph

• carotidcarotid Member UncommonPosts: 425
    Do you know what a paragraph is?  You expect people to read that crap?  You should fix it.  Thank you.
  • NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671
    Originally posted by carotid
    Do you know what a paragraph is?  You expect people to read that crap?  You should fix it.  Thank you.

Do you know what manners are?  You expect people to listen to anything you have to say?  You should learn manners.  Thank you.

Steam: Neph

• tparris321tparris321 Member CommonPosts: 6
    true.......but then i feel like it'd miss out on a month of leveling and content. 
    Originally posted by carotid

no I've been out of school for a month and i guess my grammatical skills kind of disappeared sorry. 

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

At the moment there is an event in GW2 going where you can get rewards from past content. It is also in my opinion the return of two of the best season 1 Living Story content.

In July Living Story season 2 starts.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

Yea I went to the mall and bought it lol. Thanks to everyone who responded. See you in game!!
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by tparris321
    Yea I went to the mall and bought it lol. Thanks to everyone who responded. See you in game!!

Well for what it's worth, it is the best game for the money right now. I hope you enjoy it, it will always be there for you now. The game was a good choice. IMHO your parents should be responsible for buying you your clothes! :)

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

EDIT: I just saw that you went ahead and bought it. But for anyone else in a similar situation, see below! :)

I was in a similar situation when I got Guild Wars 1. I was 16 and naturally had limited money to spend on the likes of games because I had other things to buy. I spent ages reading up on the Guild Wars lore and the game mechanics. Eventually, I'd saved up enough spare cash to buy it and it was honestly the best gaming decision I've made. I played GW1 right through to the release of GW2, and have since played GW2 almost exclusively.

The nice thing about GW2 is of course the fact that it's buy-to-play, so you don't have to worry about forking out cash for a subscription fee every month. So if you don't like it, it's not a massive amount of money lost and if you do, it doesn't require you to invest any more money than what you originally paid for it.

Another bonus is that you're still in school, so you'll likely be able to invest more time into the game than the average working adult. That means that if there's anything on the gem store you like, you can spend some extra time making in-game gold and exchanging it for gems instead of spending real money on the odd fluff item you may desire.

So, in ending, new clothes will go out of fashion and will end up getting worn out and breaking. For me, at least, Guild Wars 2 would have a lot more staying power ;) Spending a bit of money now and potentially getting hundreds of hours of enjoyment out of it sounds good to me!