Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

game series' that should be rebooted

slygamer1979slygamer1979 Member UncommonPosts: 101

Old pc games that could be rebooted

kings quest

quest for glory

stonekeep

7th guest

shivers

commander keen

maniac mansion

hugo

thats some of the old stuff i could recall that all were really fun and could breath some life back into old favorites.

if anyones got some post em here maybe we can get something going.

Comments

• slygamer1979slygamer1979 Member UncommonPosts: 101
    Originally posted by DMKano

No.

Rebooting classic always yields the same result - crap compared to original.

Been playing Wastland 1 - its as good as I remember it 26 years ago.

maybe so but i remember interplay tried making a sequel to stonekeep and that was total garbage so i'd think any dev could do a better game of at least that one lol.

someone is going to release a new gauntlet game soon and looks pretty good so classic games could be redone right.

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

No One Lives Forever!

You look like you need a monkey!

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• steelwindsteelwind Member UncommonPosts: 352

Shenmue!!! As long as Yu Suzuki is involved.

There was supposed to be a Shenmue Online which was canned, I would love to see a Shenmue sandbox MMO. Afterall Shenmue was one of the early sandbox pioneers.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    image People who know what Stonekeep is!?!  
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

No.

I've gone back and played Wasteland countless times, one reason I've not paid much attention to the reboot is I don't want to spoil the good memories with a bad sequel.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TbauTbau Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 401

No.

I have to agree with this and add that not only does that happen, those doing the rebooting are then confined to try to please both old and new players of the series.

TESO and SWTOR are prime examples. Don't use existing IPs and instead create something new that stands on its own so you have complete freedom and are not boxed in.

• PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844

The Terminator

Alternate Reality : The City    ( The Masterpiece )  + Dungeon, now  please Alternate Reality : The world , please ,pretty please.

Was going to write Space Rogue,but my prayers allready got answered since theres so many space sims coming from left and right.

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083

Master of Orion.

I know they tried you reboot it more than a few years ago with MoO 3 and it was a complete failure, but I'd love to see a modern version that plays and feels just like the original or the second game. There isn't much of a 4X market any more, but I'd be all over a MoO reboot in a heartbeat.

Another game I'd like to see make a come back is Alpha Centauri, but the announcment of Civ: Beyond Earth seems to cover that quite nicely I hope.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• HaltavenHaltaven Member UncommonPosts: 16

Master of Magic Hafling Slingers for the win.

Elite, but they are coming out with a MMO and looks well done.

Contra

Better Versions of M.U.L.E and Paradroid

Cyberball

Tie Fighter or Xwing Fighter

I know there is more I use to play for hours

• ButeoRegalisButeoRegalis Member UncommonPosts: 594
    System Shock

Originally posted by Haltaven

Master of Magic Hafling Slingers for the win.

Elite, but they are coming out with a MMO and looks well done.

Contra

Better Versions of M.U.L.E and Paradroid

Cyberball

Tie Fighter or Xwing Fighter

I know there is more I use to play for hours

Oooh master of magic reminded me of another game I'd like to see modernized. Lords of Magic. It was a hybrid between Lords of the Realm and Heroes of Might and Magic. That game was awesome and I still play it from time to time to this day, same as MoO.

• HaltavenHaltaven Member UncommonPosts: 16
    I will have  to check that one out image
  • herrintherrint Member UncommonPosts: 43
    Tabula Rasla or Rasa cant remember how it was spelled I really liked it and the graphics were good for the time

You can get it from GOG.com from this link for $6 US.

http://www.gog.com/game/lords_of_magic_special_eddition

Be aware, it's a hard game with a pretty steep learning curve, but once you get the hang of it it's a whole lot of fun.

• bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595
    I want a reboot of the Elder Scrolls!
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    I enjoyed the reboot of Deus Ex and wish that they would make a sequel.
  • EspionEspion Member UncommonPosts: 62
    Originally posted by Grunty
    image People who know what Stonekeep is!?!  
    I know what it is! :)

• Skooma2Skooma2 Member UncommonPosts: 697
    How about a Baldur's Gate reboot.  (Go for the eyes Boo!  Go for the eyes!)

Hedonismbot: Your latest performance was as delectable as dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by Asheram
    I enjoyed the reboot of Deus Ex and wish that they would make a sequel.

they already are http://www.deusex.com/humandefiance

but seriously they are http://thewertzone.blogspot.com/2013/10/deus-ex-human-revolution-sequel.html

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross

Final Fantasy 6 and 7

Xenogears

Legend of Dragoon

Earthbound

Secret of Mana

Super Mario RPG

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    Neverwinter Nights ! :D
  • strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    Baldur's gate(1 and 2 hell even 3) and mass effect....that is what i want!!! I would also love a Planescape: Torment reboot.

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• clumsytoes44clumsytoes44 Member UncommonPosts: 463
    Pool of radiance and the rest of the gold box game's. :)
  • furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968

No.

Sadly this always seems the case.  Was really hyped with M&M X Legacy and the game fell way below expectation.  Was a cheap buy so can't really complain, just was hoping to have something of the same level as Clouds or Darkside of Xeen and not 1/10th of it.  Certainly has room to grow though.

The one game to add that others have not mentioned is Arcanum.  Hands down my favorite universe.  Instantly fell in lover with the magic and technology mix world.  Shame the game wasn't fully finished when released.

Another is the King's Field series but that was console only though I think, even though it essentially plays the same as TES.

• strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    Originally posted by furbans

Arcanum

That would be an awesome reboot!

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".