Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] WildStar: Welcome to Nexus

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

WildStar has finally launched, but how did it go? In his weekly column, Gareth Harmer examines Carbine’s teething troubles, before taking a look at what’s in store post-launch.

Read more of Gareth Harmer's WildStar: Welcome to Nexus.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    and housing
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Despite the many cries"  We don't want WoW type games anymore" , obviously we still do.  This game is taking off and has many players loving it.  
  • TekaelonTekaelon Member UncommonPosts: 604
    Everyone, who has actually played, is really enjoying the game. Including myself.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    Other then Art style and tiered loot system the game is very different then WoW. Other then the fact that when you play Wildstar it does not take long to get there is quality here.
  • vtravivtravi Member UncommonPosts: 398

This game is shockingly good. Way better than I expected . Of course if you don't like MMOs than you won't like it.  

• FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865
    loving the game, my only problem is I like so many of the classes I can't seem to stick to one!

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

• PiscorePiscore Member UncommonPosts: 263
    This is the new expansion ? :)

l2p

• IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138

Im enjoying the game except for the part that their tough security system with IP addresses has  forced me to spend more time trying to fix the issue and deal with it than play.

Any help on this would be useful. Does using that google autheticator make it better to play without these IP issues?

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

Originally posted by SBFord

Read more of Gareth Harmer's WildStar: Welcome to Nexus.

some 16 months of content updates are already planned out, from story and lore updates to new dungeons and raids.

sounds great - hope they are all monthly updates

• CrusadesCrusades Member Posts: 480
    Another version of WoW, you mean epic raids, dungeons, pvp, lore, fluid and responsive gameplay, a professional development team, community, fair cost, progression, challenge, teamworrk, dependence on other people , and all with robots and housing? Oh my gosh awesome sign me up!!!
  • SaluteSalute Member UncommonPosts: 795
    Originally posted by Crusades
    Another version of WoW, you mean epic raids, dungeons, pvp, lore, fluid and responsive gameplay, a professional development team, community, fair cost, progression, challenge, teamworrk, dependence on other people , and all with robots and housing? Oh my gosh awesome sign me up!!!

Plus Guild Housing / Neighborhood and monthly content updates. Sign me up too :)

All Time Favorites: EQ1, WoW, EvE, GW1
    Playing Now: WoW, ESO, GW2

• CrusadesCrusades Member Posts: 480
    Yes because nothing says I'm an adult like the testimony one can claim from playing dark dungeon video games. :-O
    Originally posted by Vivasvan
    Was going to purchase this until my. 3 yr old said daddy why u watching cartoon I wanna watch it too.

a 60 year old friend said something similar to me

o you like kiddie cartoons ?   when im watching Family Guy ..

• alexhpy98721alexhpy98721 Member UncommonPosts: 264
    Originally posted by Nadia
    Was going to purchase this until my. 3 yr old said daddy why u watching cartoon I wanna watch it too.

Its not the same... Wildstar was made for children look at the minimum age allowed to play....

Originally posted by alexhpy98721

Its not the same... Wildstar was made for children look at the minimum age allowed to play....

i know gamers dont obey min age

but any mmo is supposed to be for 13 and up

the same 60 year old views ALL video games as kiddie stuff

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858

And for someone who said he's gonna play so he can say pew pew pew like an 8 yr old....

8 yr olds say brap brap these days mate.

Kiddies game. For adults who are into kiddy humour.

Not for me. - bring on the dark dungeons

I'd love to see a group of 8 year olds run the first level 20 dungeon :-)

Originally posted by alexhpy98721

Yes we know...dark dungeons...pandas...goblins...gnomes...taurens...pets...pet battles...yes very uncommon...very new...very adult things indeed.

Just for the record, I m 41 having 2 sons and i m enjoying WS with the older one (10 years old).  Gameplay and content quality / quantity is my main focus when it comes to mmo's and WS dominates in both aspects.

to clarify

I'm 52 - i love animation and videogames and much more

but ive met other people my age that associate all of it as kids stuff

different strokes for different folks

what makes RIFT a mature game?  

RIFT has the same TEEN rating as Wildstar

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967

As a person who played Wildstar throughout the betas, I can say the graphics are the least childish and obnoxious thing about the game.  When they called it an "unapologetic theme park" it was an understatement.  The game almost plays like it's a parody or satire of everything wrong with the genre.

If you can tolerate that, you can tolerate this game.  I couldn't.

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • KexinKexin Member UncommonPosts: 69

This is a game made by WoW fanboys, for WoW fanboys. If all you ever want in a MMO is for it to be exactly like WoW but with cone and triangle combat instead of real visceral action, then this game is for you.

It's as if the devs spent years developing a perfect scifi WoW clone without a single original thought of their own. No risks were taken, no new ideas explored. 

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Tekaelon
    Everyone, who has actually played, is really enjoying the game. Including myself.

Speak for yourself. Everyone has played this game. They were giving beta keys for months. They even gave reminders "beta is still open come play!" A lot of people found out it was a "been there done that" type of game and chose to pass, including myself.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
    Originally posted by vtravi

This game is shockingly good. Way better than I expected . Of course if you don't like MMOs than you won't like it.  

+1

• CanibalolerCanibaloler Member UncommonPosts: 136

The game is so f$%^ awesome in all aspects . Period

Well done Carbine <3

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067

Loving this game. I died for the first time after 10 levels and the place I rezzed at said " I see you have to get your death just right ". Then when I ported to my bind point it said " Oh it's you again we can't seem to get rid of you."

I actually laughed out loud at times when I came across some amusing reference to literature or another game and pokes fun even at itself. I am so glad I bought this game and I gave ESO a pass because it was so buggy I couldn't justify buying it but so far 'touch wood' Wildstar has been very smooth and I did not even suffer any queues playing on my Euro RP PvE server.

The thing I am hoping will totally engross me however is housing .

Chamber of Chains