Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To the Wurm Online marketing team (person)

2»

Comments

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Originally posted by wuhsin88
    Originally posted by ShortyBible
    Originally posted by SEANMCAD
    Originally posted by Aeonblades
    Originally posted by Caldrin
    I see no issues with it at all.

It looks like it comes from the ask jeeves era of the internet for one. Maybe it's just my personal preference though, heh. Maybe a more modern look would attract more people to the game? Just a thought.

my impression on the owner of the game is that he is not that interested in bringing in every gamer but rather to make the game he likes.

Its my favorite MMO of all MMOs

So why advertise?

This is a fun game,  (pure sandbox) but the community is horrible.

They don't want new players in the game cutting down their precious trees.

I recall when a youtuber (Bashur) brought so many new players to this game, they crashed the servers.

This elite community did not accept the new players.

I think they lasted 2 to 3 months. During this time Bashur did a weekly update with youtube videos for his followers.

I am sure they are still available.

This guy is telling the truth 100% everyone. When I first started this game I spent months roaming around trying to find a place to chop wood where I couldn't get chewed out for it. I've been griefed, then slandered for fighting back against the griefers. If you create your own mine somewhere, people will get mad about that too. But you sure as Hell aren't allowed to use THEIR mines. Every suggestion brought up on the forum that would make things easier on new players is instantly shot down, and the vets even make suggestions to try and make things harder for other players. They want the game to be even more grindy, more punishing, more expensive. They want all the new players to join, buy up a bunch of gear and tools from them, then ragequit a month later. They want P/R and new players coming in to buy their wares, but they don't want player retention because those new players would eventually be able to compete with them. I even watched a Community Assistant break into someone's fence and murder all their livestock just for fun. And this Community Assistant was the nicest one out of all their CA's. 

I didn't have any experience like that whatsoever.

I have been playing for about a year. No troubles from anyone. In fact I was given stuff even when I asked I prefer not to be given stuff

I guess I am just nice?

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• prowessprowess Member UncommonPosts: 169
    I dunno...  the girl on the left really looks like she could take a spear...
  • prowessprowess Member UncommonPosts: 169
    The guy on the right really wants me to take his spear...  Anyone else getting that vibe from him?
  • ShortyBibleShortyBible Member UncommonPosts: 409

It looks like it comes from the ask jeeves era of the internet for one. Maybe it's just my personal preference though, heh. Maybe a more modern look would attract more people to the game? Just a thought.

my impression on the owner of the game is that he is not that interested in bringing in every gamer but rather to make the game he likes.

So why advertise?

I recall when a youtuber (Bashur) brought so many new players to this game, they crashed the servers.

I think they lasted 2 to 3 months. During this time Bashur did a weekly update with youtube videos for his followers.

This guy is telling the truth 100% everyone. When I first started this game I spent months roaming around trying to find a place to chop wood where I couldn't get chewed out for it. I've been griefed, then slandered for fighting back against the griefers. If you create your own mine somewhere, people will get mad about that too. But you sure as Hell aren't allowed to use THEIR mines. Every suggestion brought up on the forum that would make things easier on new players is instantly shot down, and the vets even make suggestions to try and make things harder for other players. They want the game to be even more grindy, more punishing, more expensive. They want all the new players to join, buy up a bunch of gear and tools from them, then ragequit a month later. They want P/R and new players coming in to buy their wares, but they don't want player retention because those new players would eventually be able to compete with them. I even watched a Community Assistant break into someone's fence and murder all their livestock just for fun. And this Community Assistant was the nicest one out of all their CA's. 

I have been playing for about a year. No troubles from anyone. In fact I was given stuff even when I asked I prefer not to be given stuff

I guess I am just nice?

What type of server do you play on? PVE/PVP

This is one of the games that I really enjoyed.

I was not hating on this game, just relaying my experience.

I will give it another shot :)

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944
    Originally posted by Rusque

The 3D effect on the font is bad and you should feel bad for using it.

Thanks a lot for ruining my life and eyesight with your lack of aesthetic consideration.

well the whole game is ugly, great ideas, but ugly product ... : /

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Didn't mind the community in the game was extremly helpful and set me up into a town which took a very long time to get to. But old news. Would be too bored to go back but it's an excelent example of how a sandbox should be.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

So why advertise?

I guess I am just nice?

PVE server.

I would expect the behavior you experienced on a PVP server or if you are just close to someone elses deed (which I don't consider a valid complained from a neighbor but some do)

On a PVP server being an a$$ can be considered a strategy.

• wuhsin88wuhsin88 Member Posts: 70

So why advertise?

I guess I am just nice?

PVE server.

I would expect the behavior you experienced on a PVP server or if you are just close to someone elses deed (which I don't consider a valid complained from a neighbor but some do)

I was talking about a PVE server, FYI. The PVP servers are actually BETTER than the PVE servers, the people on the PVP servers have an INCENTIVE to make friends/allies out of new players. Not only that, they sell their wares for less than HALF what they cost on PVE servers. If even Community Assistants are griefing on PVE, I don't think that says anything good about the community. 

Oh, and SEAN, I understand you are a really hardcore Rolf fanboy, but you're officially getting on my nerves. Thanks to you reporting every post I make as spam, now I have to do a Captcha verification every time I post. Thanks a lot, buddy. 

So why advertise?

I guess I am just nice?

PVE server.

I was talking about a PVE server, FYI. The PVP servers are actually BETTER than the PVE servers, the people on the PVP servers have an INCENTIVE to make friends/allies out of new players. Not only that, they sell their wares for less than HALF what they cost on PVE servers. If even Community Assistants are griefing on PVE, I don't think that says anything good about the community. 

Oh, and SEAN, I understand you are a really hardcore Rolf fanboy, but you're officially getting on my nerves. Thanks to you reporting every post I make as spam, now I have to do a Captcha verification every time I post. Thanks a lot, buddy. 

I dont know what to tell you. 

I play on PVE servers for a year and never got grief from anyone. In fact people tend to give me more than I want.

Maybe your a victim.