Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will Beta carry over into Final release?

M4koM4ko Member Posts: 385
Will character progress from Beta carry over into Final release, or will anything at all carry over into Final?

Comments

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249

No. All be wiped, based on the streams info.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Story I've been hearing is Alpha characters will be retained for a test server.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Originally posted by Kyleran

Beta too? oh, i didnt know that  :)

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Alpha i am 100% sure they transfer your characters to a test server for future builds.
    Beta ? i have not heared about those characters being moved, but it could be so !
    I just never heared of it yet !

• ReaperUkReaperUk Member UncommonPosts: 758
    Originally posted by Kyleran

True but it's 100% certain beta servers will be wiped, so nothing from them will be carrying over.

Anyway to the OP question, any progress in alpha and beta will not transfer to release version, so in release version is start over again for those who play alpha / beta.
  • maybebakedmaybebaked Member UncommonPosts: 305
    Originally posted by DMKano

I am yet see a major MMO beta carry over to launch, it would make no sense.

Live launch servers should always start with a clean slate.

I really don't know why people keep asking this question.  No MMO, especially a sandparky one like this would allow beta carry over.  It would be totally unfair.

• Jonas_SGJonas_SG Member UncommonPosts: 475

Russian AA is still in open beta. Same was for Neverwinter.

• QuesaQuesa Member UncommonPosts: 1,432

Alpha servers are supposedly to be rolled over as PTR servers after release.  The intention is to not wipe the Alpha server at all yet they specifically warn against certainty of such.

It's been rumored that the beta servers will be wiped after each event and it's possible they will have an early access at some point.

Star Citizen Referral Code: STAR-DPBM-Z2P4
  • KarbleKarble Member UncommonPosts: 750
    Originally posted by M4ko
    Will character progress from Beta carry over into Final release, or will anything at all carry over into Final?

Only thing that will be carried over to release is progress made by beta or alpha purchase levels that gets the 4 day patron head start. So basically if you have the $50 and want to be able to start gaining money and guilda for a house and farm plot in a sweet place, it would be a good idea to pay and play to learn the ropes before launch comes.

That is my plan. Basically get a feel for all the mechanics in the game, maybe get with a guild or some RL friends or both to gather and quest together. I have seen good advantages to this.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    My money is on open beta yes, Alpha/closed absolutely not. Test server notion is possible though.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

Lord of the Rings did from their open beta

• KellerKeller Member UncommonPosts: 602

+4 days of headstart comes with a founderspack, unless that is given at open beta! Why would they not wipe with a major advantage like that? Think of the potential cashcow the founder packs can be in Open Beta.

also all the people who say alpha servers will stay around:

[QUOTE=Rhazes;128230]@Scapes, Will test server stay up when Archeage releases? Some MMOs have full time test server.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Scapes;128313]Probably but not guaranteed.[/QUOTE]

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?9139-Should-Gilda-Stars-be-a-reward-for-Continental-Routes-as-well&p=128313&viewfull=1#post128313

euhm, and seeing how often Trion takes something back they have said earlier...... I do not believe the alpha server will be copied to a PTR.

• An4thorAn4thor Member Posts: 524
    Open beta won't carry over at release and i'm very happy about it. Look at AA RU.. 3 months and they are still in a so called beta. Open betas makes publishers lazy.
    Originally posted by ElRenmazuo

No it didn't. I was in both closed and open betas from summer 2006. Everything was wiped before the official launch in 2007.

Originally posted by Quesa

Alpha servers are supposedly to be rolled over as PTR servers after release.  The intention is to not wipe the Alpha server at all yet they specifically warn against certainty of such.

It's been rumored that the beta servers will be wiped after each event and it's possible they will have an early access at some point.

I'm pretty certain I've seen an official post stating characters will persist between beta events. I can't remember where I saw it though. Could have been the official AA forums or on Reddit.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by ReaperUk
    Originally posted by ElRenmazuo

No it didn't. I was in both closed and open betas from summer 2006. Everything was wiped before the official launch in 2007.

There was a open beta the week right before launch and characters werent wiped

Also Final Fantasy 14 ARR didnt wipe characters either

http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxiv/download/en/FFXIV_2.0_BETA_Roadmap_EN.pdf

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    Wrong Reaper, Lotro allowed you to level as many toons to level 15 as you wanted and these characters transferred over into release from Open Beta.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • M4koM4ko Member Posts: 385
    Originally posted by Jonas_SG

Russian AA is still in open beta. Same was for Neverwinter.

oh wow... 

Originally posted by Karble
    Originally posted by M4ko

Only thing that will be carried over to release is progress made by beta or alpha purchase levels that gets the 4 day patron head start. So basically if you have the $50 and want to be able to start gaining money and guilda for a house and farm plot in a sweet place, it would be a good idea to pay and play to learn the ropes before launch comes.

That is my plan. Basically get a feel for all the mechanics in the game, maybe get with a guild or some RL friends or both to gather and quest together. I have seen good advantages to this.

Thats what i think too, but getting into Alpha, im setting up myself to replay the game 3 times at least.... Twice is bearable, but 3 times... meh

Originally posted by An4thor
    Open beta won't carry over at release and i'm very happy about it. Look at AA RU.. 3 months and they are still in a so called beta. Open betas makes publishers lazy.

This is just too much. My overall timeframe to play this game before i sell off the account is 3 months. But playing Beta for 3 months and then having it wiped is just ridiculous . 

I was planning to join ALpha mainly for perks, but im not willing to spend 3 or more months of gameplay wiped. I guess ill only sign up for Beta with $50, closer to release.

• LlexXLlexX Member UncommonPosts: 200

While in Korea the OBT lasted for just 2 weeks...

Anyways, not a single MMO let you carry characters over from alpha or CBT before, i don't understand why people keep asking this question over and over each day.

• PreparedPrepared Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Originally posted by LlexX

While in Korea the OBT lasted for just 2 weeks...

Anyways, not a single MMO let you carry characters over from alpha or CBT before, i don't understand why people keep asking this question over and over each day.

I thought I was the only one on the planet that knew this.  So many have asked the question yet no MMORPG has ever carried beta character progress to release that I know of.  

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321
    Originally posted by Prepared

I thought I was the only one on the planet that knew this.  So many have asked the question yet no MMORPG has ever carried beta character progress to release that I know of.  

maybe their only experience with MMO's  was when their big brother handed down his WoW account

I miss DAoC

Originally posted by Jackdog
    Originally posted by Prepared

maybe their only experience with MMO's  was when their big brother handed down his WoW account

Yea look at my join date, big brother. There are plenty MMO with soft betas that carry over into launch, but they are usually cash shop MMOs