Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How is the performance now?

sahibsahib Member UncommonPosts: 19

I tried Wildstar in beta, was looking forward to it very much, but despite having a good machine, the game was running like crap, even on the lowest settings. If someone had the same problem in beta and decided to buy the game anyway, what's it like now? Have they made any improvements before launching?

And before the usual answers appear, no - it's not my computer's fault. I can run pretty much any game released this year on maxed out settings. It's definitely something with Wildstar not liking some configurations, as reported many times on the official boards.

Comments

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197

It runs perfectly on my rig and 30> FPS on my laptop while I'm questing.

I see a lot less people complaining about performance now.. so they HAVE optimized it quite a bit.

However the only sure way to check is to snag a guest pass and test the game out yourself.

Also for the love of god, delete the beta config files.

..Cake..

• BetaBlockaBetaBlocka Member Posts: 222
    Originally posted by sgel

I see a lot less people complaining about performance now.. so they HAVE optimized it quite a bit.

However the only sure way to check is to snag a guest pass and test the game out yourself.

"Also for the love of god, delete the beta config files."

Would you mind elaborating on what exactly this entails? I did have some performance drops towards the end of beta and have not had much time to log in since launch due to rl stuff going on so not really got a handle on whether performance has increased significantly.

This step sounds like it should help but I dont know how to do it....I note that when patching I see a screen message saying "deleting old files" or something like that as it finished patching....is that the same thing?

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Im running a medium spec rig. I get 30-60 FPS. Game runs smooth.
  • wandererchanwandererchan Member UncommonPosts: 17
    Originally posted by BetaBlocka

Would you mind elaborating on what exactly this entails? I did have some performance drops towards the end of beta and have not had much time to log in since launch due to rl stuff going on so not really got a handle on whether performance has increased significantly.

This step sounds like it should help but I dont know how to do it....I note that when patching I see a screen message saying "deleting old files" or something like that as it finished patching....is that the same thing?

The files in question are the old 1.0 add-ons. They are outdated and have been known drop the fps by a lot. People who delete the folder or just reinstalled the game gained 30% increase in fps.

As for me I currently run a beefy rig. I run any where from 60-100+ fps depending where I am at.

Originally posted by wandererchan
    Originally posted by BetaBlocka

The files in question are the old 1.0 add-ons. They are outdated and have been known drop the fps by a lot. People who delete the folder or just reinstalled the game gained 30% increase in fps.

As for me I currently run a beefy rig. I run any where from 60-100+ fps depending where I am at.

I remember getting an "addon" error message almost every time I logged in during beta so this sounds like it may help IF I am having fps issues once I log in properly tonight!!

Can you tell me where these files are located so that I can delete them?

• zevianzevian Member UncommonPosts: 403

I stay around 30 fps unless a lot of stuff is going on. I have an amd 965 be @4 ghz, and a 7950.

My cpu peak usage during the game has peaked around 65%, and my video card around 50% so still some more optimizations needed but its playable for me.  better than the beta anyway :)

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100

They are in your name/application data /roaming/NC Soft/Wildstar folder. This reditt had a post  

http://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/comments/256719/got_major_perfomance_boost_and_stable_5060_fps/

Chamber of Chains
  • TsuruTsuru Member UncommonPosts: 297
    At the start of Beta i was getting 15 fps on high settings. As beta progressed i got up to 22. Then in OPs week it jumped again to 30. Now since their last patch on Monday. I am now getting around 33-40. So i can say it is steadily increasing.
  • monarc333monarc333 Member UncommonPosts: 622
    Its running great for me. On high I get any where from 40 (crowded areas) to 60 (soloing). Give or take a couple of course. And this is running on my laptop too. During beta I was getting around 20 to 30 fps constantly.
  • k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    I am seeing 45 to 60 fps just about anywhere in game.  Only had one problem with being disconnected but that is fixed now.  If you try and run a ton of addon's you will see a drop in fps but that isn't a problem with wildstar it is a problem with addons.  I run junkit and tracker addon myself though.
  • hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604
    It is running well on both my laptop and desktop.  Desktop has an i5 and gtx 660 and I run it on max.  Laptop has an i7 and a gt 630m.  And I was questing with it on low and had no problems.
  • wandererchanwandererchan Member UncommonPosts: 17
    Originally posted by cheyane

They are in your name/application data /roaming/NC Soft/Wildstar folder. This reditt had a post  

http://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/comments/256719/got_major_perfomance_boost_and_stable_5060_fps/

Ya where I saw the info myself to. A lot did this noticed improvements. 

Originally posted by cheyane

Thats great, thanks for the link :)

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Still really bad here, acting like its CPU capped, but CPU running at 60%. Loving the game but I've stopped playing until they sort it so it doesn't ruin the experience, e.g that's spiking between 7fps and 40.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858

If you feel that ~30 fps = "runs fine", then you will be ok on high settings if you have a beast rig.

If you feel that a game which looks the way wildstar does, should easily pull 60+ fps, then at this moment you will be sorely disapointed. Unlike SWTOR, the game's performanse doesnt suffer from a poor engine that cant handle "multiple players" in a group or on screen, but it does still have glaring optimization issues in its own right atm. They need to get it sorted out ASAP.

• sahibsahib Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Thank you all for your answers. I guess I'll still wait a bit and then try with a guest pass :)
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Not a problem here performance wise.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• greatskysgreatskys Member UncommonPosts: 451

I tried it on a buddy key this week I couldn't see any real improvements on the beta . The game is still very poorly optimized . I'm sure there will be people that will tell you how brilliantly it runs on their machines but you only have to do a search on google to see that there are plenty of people with computers that should be good enough to handle Wildstar are still getting low FPS . 

On my PC its around 20-30 fps in the open world on medium settings . ( personally I prefer the graphics in Guild Wars 2 which I can play on ultra and get 60-70 fps in the open world ) . Whats its come down to for me is do I want to upgrade my graphics card just yet souly to play Wildstar a game I may not end up playing for more than a month or two . I felt it wasn't worth the expense just yet given i have plenty of mmos I like playing which run just fine . 

I suggest to anyone who doesn't have a beast of a gaming rig to try this game on a buddy key before you buy it because its pot luck how it will run on a mid range computer .