Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Finally, after 9 long years...

Comments

• GiffenGiffen Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Originally posted by StarI

Finally after 9 long years... of the same...   we got more of the same!

That's how I feel.

Meet the new boss...same as the old boss.

• AppokAppok Member Posts: 20
    Originally posted by doodphace
    Originally posted by Adelbert

... and countless MMORPGs, I've found my WoW's successor. I have fallen in love with the combat, the graphics, the gameplay, the content, the humor... I just cannot look back after playing Wildstar.

Finally, a new home. :)

I have to somewhat agree. After 9 years, and countless other MMOs played....this is the first one that I feel is a finished product , and dont feel somewhat gypt for spending money on. It literally has something for everyone, and the first one to do that since WoW.

This is what i also said to myself, this is probably the most complete MMO i have tried since WoW. Grouping,Combat,Animations,Social all seem to work good and i havent been disappointed yet. I really like it when i level up :D and get the "OH SH%^" :D

• EnochiEnochi Member UncommonPosts: 12

Having played a multitude of mmos over the years this one just didn't fit well with me. Not to say its bad. The combat was fairly entertaining but aside from that there was nothing really I liked. While I certainly don't mind cartoony graphics I still felt that wildstar graphic even when set to max were rather bland. Quests felt space a bit to far apart and made me feel I was spending more time running to and from objectives then combat. The humor was serviceable but a bit paint by numbers. The story was lack-luster. Also having to find dungeons and adventure before queuing was annoying. The map and quest finder was inaccurate at times. Player housing has never been a thing for me.

Now I'm not saying that its bad in any of these categories its just I have seen each one done better in other mmos. Combat is the only place where it seems like it could be a cut above the rest however it is "twitch" based combat to a large degree which means those like me who have below average reflexes and prefer a slow pace of combat might not enjoy it as much.

Now most of what I have said is certainly "your own mileage may vary" but I think I will point out who I think does what better for a little compare and contrast.

Combat(Twitch):Tera

Combat(Overal):WOW

Graphics:FFXIV

Quests: FFXIV

Humor: Pirate101

Story: SWTOR

Dungeons: WOW

Map: FFXIV

Player Housing: Wizard101/Pirate101

• gelraengelraen Member UncommonPosts: 316

That's how I feel.

Yeah kinda how I felt in the beta.  I'm not sure it's a step forward, but glad some people like it.  Nice to have a decent space themepark MMO out there, even if I'm not going to play any more of it.

• ArazaleArazale Member Posts: 348
    Originally posted by gelraen

That's how I feel.

Yeah kinda how I felt in the beta.  I'm not sure it's a step forward, but glad some people like it.  Nice to have a decent space themepark MMO out there, even if I'm not going to play any more of it.

If you think Wild Star has nothing unique to itself and its just "more of the same" i feel sorry for your perception of the world.

• TalruneTalrune Member Posts: 339

As I come into being Middle aged (42) but still feel like im in  my 20's( so yeah not old  punks! lol) Anyways over the 17+ years testing mmos etc and Wildstar  included, but  towards  the end I left it so much was not for me but hat was 4 months ago.   Now its like a new game and so much has changed on how quickly you get abilities and alot more dynamics that need polish now work for me.

Could care less about wow yes i loved it to but meh after so many years in that too I left.  Us older folks are blessed with not being only use to playing wow and its brainwashing so we can see past it!:P

I love Archeage and yeah price to get in steep at moment but beta coming in a couple weeks so....and while Archeage and Wildstart two very diff mmos they both satisfy what I am looking for and will be playing both.

In the end youy CAN LIKE more then one mmo and play  more then one without feeling obigated by fans, or company or pure pressure to not do so.

So keep it coming Wildstar and ArcheAge!!

Haters gonne hate.

• BulldozeBulldoze Member UncommonPosts: 115
    Originally posted by Foomerang

Originally posted by SamuraiXIV
    OP when I find a game I really enjoy last thing I will do on earth is come here and start thread as I will be so busy playing.

After trying wildstar which i didnt like at all I actually got curious to try wow again after many years(the burning crusade release) and for my surprise I'm having fun and liking wow.

I've been playing FFXIV since initial release September 2010 and still have lots to do whoever says they cleared all in 3 months are delusional.

Personally I'm subbing and playing FFXIV every day so much that I never have time for any other game single or mmo.

Brilliant! haha

I am the Arch-fiend, the Despoiler of Worlds, and by my hands shall the false Emperor fall.

Originally posted by bestever
    Originally posted by Arazale
    Originally posted by gelraen

That's how I feel.

If you think Wild Star has nothing unique to itself and its just "more of the same" i feel sorry for your perception of the world.

How's it not? You can't just toss half ass action combat in a mmo then call it unique. It has two things that are unique, double jump and paths. Its pretty much the same old same old with the worst pvp I've seen and all the people that think this game has some huge skill factor are crazy. Oh watch out for the AOE guys. Very few to know single target what so ever.

The combat in wildstar in nothing more then dodge big red spots on the ground that's if you even can. No better then GW2's combat. 

Warriors are at a huge disadvantage in the game as ranged classes are way OP and their range is way to far. The game needs a lot of work. I like some of it and hate most of it.

You think the combat in WS is half-assed? Well think you pretty much declared your position on the game with just that one statement. Not gonna argue with someone who's mind is shut.

Originally posted by Bulldoze
    Originally posted by Foomerang

OP when I find a game I really enjoy last thing I will do on earth is come here and start thread as I will be so busy playing.

After trying wildstar which i didnt like at all I actually got curious to try wow again after many years(the burning crusade release) and for my surprise I'm having fun and liking wow.

I've been playing FFXIV since initial release September 2010 and still have lots to do whoever says they cleared all in 3 months are delusional.

Personally I'm subbing and playing FFXIV every day so much that I never have time for any other game single or mmo.

Brilliant! haha

Dude, if i could give you a mmorpg gold i would. That was an epic find.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Was bored. Liked the humour though. I'd reccomend it for anyone who likes sci fi setting. It's hard to take the game seriously though. Still after being bored and not being able to take the game seriously it comes with my reccomendation. 

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

Originally posted by emperorwings
    Was bored. Liked the humour though. I'd reccomend it for anyone who likes sci fi setting. It's hard to take the game seriously though. Still after being bored and not being able to take the game seriously it comes with my reccomendation. 

I'm not bashing you but, i still felt odd when you repeated your statement about not taking this game 'seriously'.

I didn't say half-assed, I said half-assed action combat. Its not really action combat sorry. My mind is far from shut. Neverwinters has better action combat then wildstar. I guess I just have skill and don't really care for telegraphs. Just my opinion and you can try to defend wildstars combat all you want. Its nothing special. Its what we've been using for the last nine years they just decided to show you and make you aim it instead.

I suppose if i said if you don't care for telegraphs then turn them off, then you're probably going to say "but i shouldn't have to change the game's settings to be the way i want them to be, everyone else has telegraphs so i have to have them as well"

But yea maybe you'll surprise me cause your mind isn't shut at all.

I didn't say half-assed, I said half-assed action combat. Its not really action combat sorry. My mind is far from shut. Neverwinters has better action combat then wildstar. I guess I just have skill and don't really care for telegraphs. Just my opinion and you can try to defend wildstars combat all you want. Its nothing special. Its what we've been using for the last nine years they just decided to show you and make you aim it instead.

I suppose if i said if you don't care for telegraphs then turn them off, then you're probably going to say "but i shouldn't have to change the game's settings to be the way i want them to be, everyone else has telegraphs so i have to have them as well"

LOL telegraphs are off. I turned them off in beta. I'm lvl 20 and you won't change my mind. I'm might play a bit more of the game but I'm having a hard time wondering why I would pass on better combat for wildstars and by far better pvp. I like some of the things in this game but I have a much bigger list of things that drive me nuts.

Like I said my mind isn't closed just not blinded by the hype like you.

Did i ever once elude to the fact that i even have the game? No. Was i praising the game like it came out of god's shiny great asshole? No.

Did you bash the game on one of its better qualities(combat) and come up with the reason of telegraphs(which you claim you turned off, so why is it an issue for you again?)? Yes.

You say your mind isn't closed, but it clearly is when you say "you're not going to change my mind". That's the definition of a closed mind.

LOL telegraphs are off. I turned them off in beta. I'm lvl 20 and you won't change my mind. I'm might play a bit more of the game but I'm having a hard time wondering why I would pass on better combat for wildstars and by far better pvp. I like some of the things in this game but I have a much bigger list of things that drive me nuts.

Did i ever once elude to the fact that i even have the game? No. Was i praising the game like it came out of god's shiny great asshole? No.

Did you bash the game on one of its better qualities(combat) and come up with the reason of telegraphs(which you claim you turned off, so why is it an issue for you again?)? Yes.

You say your mind isn't closed, but it clearly is when you say "you're not going to change my mind". That's the definition of a closed mind.

LOL did I ever state  you have the game or said you praise the game? NOPE. Thanks for trying to put words in my mouth though.

Yea I bashed the game on its weakest point for my, you may not like it to fu*king bad get over it. Just because you turn off telegraphs doesn't mean its still not hold spam  aoe till someones dead or you're dead. Wow best combat ever.

LOL say what ever you want. Just because you can't change my mind on combat doesn't mean I'm closed minded and that's not the definition of closed minded thats what you want the definition of closed minded to be. Just because I don't agree with  you on wildstars combat doesn't mean I'm closed minded sorry in means my opinion differs from yours.

Love how idiots base an entire games combat on the "beginner" levels and act like they've seen everything the game has to offer. Have fun with your narrow-minded life. You're sure to not experience much but its okay because you won't branch out to try new things because you'll stick to the few things you know and enjoy.

Edit: I was equating your initial claim that i wouldn't change your mind no matter what as being the definition of close mindedness. And not my being unable to change your mind as your close mindedness.

LOL did I ever state  you have the game or said you praise the game? NOPE. Thanks for trying to put words in my mouth though.

Yea I bashed the game on its weakest point for my, you may not like it to fu*king bad get over it. Just because you turn off telegraphs doesn't mean its still not hold spam  aoe till someones dead or you're dead. Wow best combat ever.

LOL say what ever you want. Just because you can't change my mind on combat doesn't mean I'm closed minded and that's not the definition of closed minded thats what you want the definition of closed minded to be. Just because I don't agree with  you on wildstars combat doesn't mean I'm closed minded sorry in means my opinion differs from yours.

Love how idiots base an entire games combat on the "beginner" levels and act like they've seen everything the game has to offer. Have fun with your narrow-minded life. You're sure to not experience much but its okay because you won't branch out to try new things because you'll stick to the few things you know and enjoy.

Edit: I was equating your initial claim that i wouldn't change your mind no matter what as being the definition of close mindedness. And not my being unable to change your mind as your close mindedness.

The only idiot here is you, you want to call people idiots because they don't agree with you and that's it. I'm past the beginner levels smart guy. I've already tanked the first adventure zone twice.

I'm glad you think the combat will change after twenty. That's what an idiot would think.

Have fun with your no skill mess combat.

No, your equating of my initial claim that I wouldn't change my mind is a matter that my opinion differs so it upset you and you need to try and point something out to make yourself look right, which it didn't and this shows by stating people are idiots because they don't agree with you when in fact the only idiot is you.

Sorry it upsets you that someone doesn't agree with you about your beloved game you won't even be playing in 3 months.

I've played just about every mmo that's out there and I like a bunch of them but you can say I'm closed minded because I've found one mmo I don't really like combat in. 

the fact that you think lvl 20 is out of the beginner levels is more telling than anything.

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503

Originally posted by TerminalDeity

Originally posted by Mikeyfree
    Too bad its a pc game

Yeah what the hell were they thinking? Should have made it for Xbox like all the other MMO's.

Total fail.

Yeh or ps4!

Originally posted by Robokapp

Too bad its a pc game

is there any other kind of game?

board game perhaps?

Console ^^

• CopypasterinoCopypasterino Member Posts: 66

Finally a maintenance so i can eat and chill.LOL

Im level 22 and did my first dongeon this morning. It was amazing. Had that feeling from TBC i dunno how to explain.

It's like i have been trying MMOS for years and finnaly find the one i always wanted.

Hf there !

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180

Originally posted by Robokapp

Too bad its a pc game

is there any other kind of game?

board game perhaps?

Console ^^

preposterous!

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    I am 54 years old gonna be toe up in a grave or worse still unable to play games any more so when I find a game I like I buy I play. I am not worried about any messages. They are making money what me worry about the future I ain't gonna be living in.
    Chamber of Chains
  • SammuelSKSammuelSK Member Posts: 24
    Originally posted by cheyane
    I am 54 years old gonna be toe up in a grave or worse still unable to play games any more so when I find a game I like I buy I play. I am not worried about any messages. They are making money what me worry about the future I ain't gonna be living in.

I'd personally rather have interesting games to play then just have the same game thrown at me again and again. At 34 I've got plenty of years ahead of me, and I'd rather the next decade not be like the last.

Unfortunately unique and interesting games get zero attention, no matter how often and loud most players scream 'We want something new', sales seem to indicate that they just want the same old shit painted a different colour.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Well OP, I have to agree to an extent. I'm not a fanboy, however, I did follow the game somewhat and played the beta. I wouldn't go as far as saying it is a WoW replacer for me, but it is very addictive. At first I wasn't to excited about the art style, but the more I play it the better it suits me, and I flow into the Looney Tune feel of the mix of gameplay and music.

I picked up the Explorer Path, and coupled with the insane amount of quests and things to do, it is definitely worth the price. I will have to play more to see if it is sub worthy!

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by SammuelSK
    Originally posted by cheyane

I'd personally rather have interesting games to play then just have the same game thrown at me again and again. At 34 I've got plenty of years ahead of me, and I'd rather the next decade not be like the last.

Unfortunately unique and interesting games get zero attention, no matter how often and loud most players scream 'We want something new', sales seem to indicate that they just want the same old shit painted a different colour.

I think the only real way to make a huge change like you want, and/or we all want, is through 3D gaming using something like the Occulus Rift. Pretty much everything has been tried and failed imho. The genre has been squeezed more than a Kardashian, and I don't see what else can really be done! /shrug

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• mark2123mark2123 Member UncommonPosts: 450

I've enjoyed WoW and like the way the game is presented and managed, but, I've done it to death, seen all the content and there's nothing new until Christmas.

Wildstar is more of the same, only better than WoW in my opinion, what what I have seen so far.

I'll buy the next WoW expansion and there is every chance I'll play both games, because they are both my kind of game and that's why I like them both.

People will always hate, but I wonder why they spend time on the forum of a game they don't have any interest to play?

• richarddoylericharddoyle Member UncommonPosts: 84
    Originally posted by Adelbert

... and countless MMORPGs, I've found my WoW's successor. I have fallen in love with the combat, the graphics, the gameplay, the content, the humor... I just cannot look back after playing Wildstar.

Finally, a new home. :)

I remember reading something very similar with the launch of WAR, when everything was shiny and new.  And people wonder why a lot of MMO players are pessimistic Buzz Killingtons.

But no, I hope WildStar is good, I'm interested in trying it myself.

Played: DAoC, AC2, WoW, CoH, GW, GW2, WAR, AoC, Champions Online, Rift, Dragon Nest, Vindictus, Warframe, Neverwinter, Dungeon Fighter Online

Currently Playing: Dungeon Fighter Online Global

Waiting for: None

• seafirexseafirex Member UncommonPosts: 419

I love it too, i was missing a good game like this for so long.

For those that don't like all the quests etc. no worry you can start to level in pvp only at level 6 ( yes thats only level 6 ). Then at 15 it is the adventures, then at 20 the dungeons.  

The only thing i would suggest is to get 8k rep with your starting towns. That is all, so as you can see it is very little questing involved. Once that is done, you can buy your missing AMPS from the quatermasters of each starting towns to complete your talents (amps). There is even pvp amps been sold by pvp vendors if needed and the gear is also sold for almost each brakets of levels.

So no need to quest other then to get your amps, hope it helps a few to get pass the quest thing.

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

I'd probably consider buying Wildstar, if it wouldn't be for two reasons:

a) being able to buy ingame gold

b) always the same weapon

That players can buy ingame gold is really annoying for me. When you see a player with a nice item, do you congratulate him? Well, maybe in certain other games. In Wildstar? He probably bought it with real money. Same with everything else.

And always the same weapon is also boring in my opinion. I love it when I get new weapons in other MMORPGs. In Fallen Earth I might have crafted a sniper rifle and am really looking forward to try it. Or maybe I switch from ranged to melee weapons? Same with WoW for example. Maybe I had this sword for quite a while and got used to the clanging sound when hitting well armored targets. But then I finally found a nice two handed hammer. I'm rewarded with different animations, different sounds, a totally different feel of combat. Always having the same weapon type just seems boring...

I'm not saying that Wildstar is a bad game. I'm just saying that those two things really turn me off. I mean, yes, I understand why the developed decided to do that: money. Which is logical, since those companies have to earn money. Sticking to just one weapon model saves lots and lots of work, and thus money. And buying ingame gold? Now that's a huge income source as well. Still... Thanks, I stick to other games.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)