Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Headstart Nightmare

13»

Comments

• syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383
    Originally posted by Vrika

Calm down.

All headstarts are nightmares. If you want to have smooth and trouble free experience, then you need to have the common sense to not rush through the gates at the same time with everyone else. Just wait a couple of days, try again, and likely you'll have lot better luck.

The thing, is this headstart is actually fine.

There are always, at all hours of the day, servers that you can log on to instantly.  Outside of a few 2 second spikes I have yet to experience any lag.  The servers on saturday were down for a total of 20 minutes, if that.

This is probably a top 3 launch all time for a AAA title, so far.  That could change as some titles with a smooth day 1 have issues later in the week, but for now Wildstar launch is fantastic.

Is it perfect?  No, there was a nasty bug where reporting gold seller disconnected you (fixed already) and ive heard in chat a few quest bugs (which happens to every MMORPG ever).  

But Ive seen a lot of MMORPG launches over the years is this is easily, without any question, one of the best.  Again, that could still change, but so far so good.

• grapevinegrapevine Member UncommonPosts: 1,927
    Originally posted by Pyrostasis

I always find it hilarious when MMO's launch. Theres 100 servers but people complain cause they cant get on 1 of them.

You gotta understand servers have limitations. They have a targeted benchmark for the servers and they want the population to SPREAD between servers not fill up 1 server far over capacity while a ton of other servers sit empty.

Queues force people to move around, help balance the population, and keep everyone having a good time instead of all lagging out on the same over populated server.

Its frustrating if you have a massive guild or series of guilds on your server for sure. But you gotta balance that frustration with the queue frustration.

Either way in 2 weeks queues wont be a problem, its just going to suck till then.

In the future you may wish to not pick the most popular server for your mega guild to avoid the frustration.

Agree, but in this case there's no means of moving to another PvE server as you'd still be stuck in a queue.  2 (English Speaking) PvE EU servers is simply inadequate.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by robthemaniac

Stop being such a drama queen, damn!

Diablo 3's launch was a nightmare. NOBODY played for days.

Even the busiest of servers (Pergo) are running great. There are thousands of people logged in and enjoying the game.  

You can't have taken part in too many releases if you think this release is as bad as you're making it sound. You either take part in the mayhem, or don't. Wait one more week and you won't see any of this. Waited three years, what's one more week? It's upsetting, yeah, but calm down. 

**Edit**

The estimated wait times are far from accurate. It says 10-20 hours, but I've moved from 3200 to 1500 in a little over an hour on Pergo. You're trying to play on the single most popular server in the game on the day of launch, no one can help you if you're surprised you're waiting in a three hour queue.

PvP is much more popular than PvE. PvP is just better than PvE, and so are the players who do both. 

Have fun, off to Cyrodiil!

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by robthemaniac

Stop being such a drama queen, damn!

Diablo 3's launch was a nightmare. NOBODY played for days.

Even the busiest of servers (Pergo) are running great. There are thousands of people logged in and enjoying the game.  

You can't have taken part in too many releases if you think this release is as bad as you're making it sound. You either take part in the mayhem, or don't. Wait one more week and you won't see any of this. Waited three years, what's one more week? It's upsetting, yeah, but calm down. 

**Edit**

The estimated wait times are far from accurate. It says 10-20 hours, but I've moved from 3200 to 1500 in a little over an hour on Pergo. You're trying to play on the single most popular server in the game on the day of launch, no one can help you if you're surprised you're waiting in a three hour queue.

PvP is much more popular than PvE. PvP is just better than PvE, and so are the players who do both. 

Have fun, off to Cyrodiil!

It might be more popular to you Sir, but to others it isn't. this is from an article posted last year concerning WoW which in general, is the goto mmorpg for something like this.

Exclusively PvP, no PvE. 478     6.6%

Exclusively PvE, no PvP. 3676     50.4%

I do a bit of both. 3142     43.1%

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• JorlJorl Member UncommonPosts: 257
    Originally posted by Wraithclaws

20+ hours of quenue time.

poor service, crashes, DCs and everything you don't want to see in a game.

they keep making new pvp servers and try to pull players by force to them.

new f2p game comming soon

I suggest go play another game while they sort this mess out. Just write in on the official forums in a constructive way and tell them what you think should be done to combat this mass queue. Personally I think they should add 2 more English PvE servers and 1 of each for French and German pve and maybe another pvp server. I play on the EU servers, not sure what its like on the American servers. But I guess its worse than ours here lol.

• jandrsnjandrsn Member Posts: 187
    What is it with people these days? No mmo launch will ever be perfect, but this one is really smooth for myself and people I know. And the whole 'refund' thing is ridiculous. Sometimes you buy a game or book that isn't your cup of tea, oh well. Unless there have been broken promises bordering on out and out deceit, just accept that it wasn't the best use of your money and move on, hopefully a bit wiser.
  • syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383

Rift: 12 PvE servers, 3 PvP

SWTOR: 11 PvE, 6 PvP

WoW: 158 PvE servers, 88 PvP servers (including a dozen or so servers that have been dead for 7-8 years)

Instanced PvP is popular, sure, but still not as popular as PvE.

And the players who doth are 'better' is absolute nonsense.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by syriinx

Rift: 12 PvE servers, 3 PvP

SWTOR: 11 PvE, 6 PvP

WoW: 158 PvE servers, 88 PvP servers (including a dozen or so servers that have been dead for 7-8 years)

Instanced PvP is popular, sure, but still not as popular as PvE.

And the players who doth are 'better' is absolute nonsense.

How is that nonsense? If a person is 10 ranking PvE stalker, and a top 10 rated PvP stalker, HOW is that person not better than someone who is just top 10 ranked pve?

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    I liked the one where someone basically said "the queue was worse on another game so this is fine, stop whining." lol  Sometimes I swear some of you work in stand-up.
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Originally posted by syriinx
    The thing, is this headstart is actually fine.

There are always, at all hours of the day, servers that you can log on to instantly. 

That's not true.

At this moment the lowest queue for EN-EU-PvP realm is 54 minutes, and the lowest for EN-EU-PvE realm is 2 hours 20 minutes.

EDIT: But it looks like (Twitter) that they are going to bring up a new EN EU PvE realm and new EN EU PvP realm. So kudos to them for responding to the situation. /EDIT

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    I liked the one where someone basically said "the queue was worse on another game so this is fine, stop whining." lol  Sometimes I swear some of you work in stand-up.

IF people gave that other game a pass on it as well, I see no problem, it's those who are selective based on preference of what they accept and begrudge that are mind boggling and/or senseless. Redundancy for emphasis...

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

ive only had crashes after reporting gold spammers, which is a known bug. I havent been disconnected since beta. Dont know what you mean by poor service, gotta be more specific on that one. But yeah the queues are really bad, at least 2 hours, but not 20 like OP said (unless today it jumped to 20 but i havent logged in today to see that).

One thing OP didnt mention and its still there since beta is poor optimization. The game stil runs at a whooping 15 fps sometimes 20+, sometimes lower than 10, and rarely close to 30. And its not my pc because all the other games that are more memory hogs still give me more fps than WS. So thats clearly optimization issues.

• nefastus1985nefastus1985 Member CommonPosts: 14
    got my refund today <3
This discussion has been closed.